Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

not a derrytresk fan but am a tyrone man all the same,with several points to make. first of, congrats to the hill, marvellous achievement hope you's go all the way.
regarding the brawl..it was started by the dromid cornerback and one of the derrytresk management going at it, and hence subs jumped in and caused the chaos. this should never have happened so derrytresk will have to take some blame here unfortunatly and some sanctions im sure will be handed down. although stewarding and policing of o'moore park was very poor im afraid to say, big questions to be asked there.and no kerry people have an answer to the fact it was dromid who ended up with 114 men and numerous yellow cards. In response to the phone ins on rte, etc. im never heard as many twisted stories and exaggerated tales from such sore losers. one being " the physio who was a woman was kicked several times on the head" what? im pretty sure i didnt see that! Also the talk of northern,british,tyrone..etc. football. calling it thuggery, and they should just stay up there sort of thing, disgraceful behaviour from kerry people, thought they'd be better than sore losers! yes o'sullivan got a tough time of it, but what was he expecting, that they just let him play football? im sure he's got similar treatment every game for them. then there was after the game, i dont think there was any call for the goading of o'sullivan after, the game was won. im sure people who did some things after (handbag) will be looked into it! so again kerry cant handle tyrone, really hoping we play some time this year. and lastly hopefully all goes well with derrytresk for the next 3weeks, please may they get to play in the final, amid complaints from the southeners. All the best Derrytresk

LeoMc

Quote from: oakleafgael on January 23, 2012, 09:18:11 PM
I cant understand the line of defence marched out by some here that Dromid where equally as bad as they had two men lined. The ref, and he was a clown, seen fit to sent them off but that should be no excuse for the behaviour of the subs and supporters from the Hill. I would say Fergal Logan will be busy between now and the final.

Agreed. What happened on the field was nothing out of ther ordinary, a hard hitting game with a brawl and a couiple of sendings off. Neither clube should be getting to worked up about it.
However it is the subs coming on the field and the goading of the opposition after the final whistle which leaves a bad taste. I would still like to see Fir Na Cnoc winning the final but a couple of their subs could be watching the final fron the stand also.

The TCB set the standard with their handling of the League final. Not coming down hard on behaviour in the stands. To many people are blaming the ground for not having enough stewards but the onus should be on the discipline being driven from within the clubs (and by extension from the County board) and not on getting more stewards in to have to protect players and maintain discipline. That is the thin end of the wedge leading to segregation and Garda / PSNI policing grounds.

Gaffer

STATEMENT FROM DERRYTRESK GFC

The Derrytresk club are delighted to have made it through to this year's All Ireland Junior Football Championship club final. Our players thoroughly deserve to be there after all of the hard work that they put in over the last twelve months. It is disturbing to be on the receiving end of a number of quite serious allegations which have been aimed directly at our club since yesterday afternoon. We are disappointed that such allegations have been aired by GAA people through various media outlets over the last 24 hours. We believe that the referee and his officials were best placed to deal with all aspects of Sunday's game. We remain confident that the GAA itself is best placed to provide the correct channels to deal with all matters which may or may not arise from this game. We therefore we will be making no further comment on the matter and will continue to prepare for the biggest day in our club history

P.S. McKenna Cup Final on live on TnaG. ( That's from me, not the Hill  ;D)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

left_peg

Very interesting to see the backroom team that Peter Canavan has installed in Fermanagh at the game on Sunday. A lot of Tyrone personel on the line with him. Enda Kilpatrick as a selector and Lorcan Martin doing their strength and conditioning work. Surely the Tyrone County Board have lost out here. I think Kilpatrick was Coaching officer for the past few years and that Martin has been involved in development squads and at minor/u21 level. Must have been a strange position to be in on sunday.

Again, fair played to the Hill.

oakleafgael

Wendy Austin doing her Joe Duffy "lite" impression. Would somebody think of the children.

There was one interesting caller who said he was a Derrytresk man and was at the game, no way of knowing but he sounded to be from that neck of the woods. He came out with the classic line of "what would you know about football" to the lady PRO from Dromid before hanging up.  :D

Radda bout yeee

Quote"Thomas Curran played the last six minutes of the first-half and was concussed but I had no idea about that," said O'Connell in today's Irish Examiner. "He was inside in the dressing-room at half-time and telling his brother to get the milk out of the fridge. The man thought he was at home in Dromid, he didn't know where he was at all.

LMFAO!

clarshack

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on January 24, 2012, 04:43:02 PM
My eyes could be deceiving me - but is that big Sean McCabe in the middle of it? I thought he was with Clonoe last year? If you watch that fight - it really is a bit of a non-fight - very little in the way of punches and plenty in the way of handbags. Disappointing really.

aye, that's him alright.

eddie d

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on January 23, 2012, 08:26:41 PM
http://bit.ly/z6bcRU Brawl is online.

Doesn't look good with the benches cleared, but looks like the footage misses most of what was supposed to have sparked the brawl.

Could argue that Dromid no. 4 swinging at Derrytresk management sparked it. But looks bad for a few Hill men.

18 secs into footage-the punch n run routine..hwd Derrytresk not get a man sent off?
30 vs 5, no competition there

nothingbettertobeat

Is anybody else sick of Derrytresk ones Gloating about how good they are??..some of their players are cringy arrogant it would annoy you.listening to some of the they think theyl go straight to senior!! have they forgot about the past 25 years? can wait to they get back to the real world in a few months time!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Onthe40

What is the consensus of how they will do in intermediate football?  Their run this year has been remarkable, considering where theyve came from. Saw them playing once last year, their lack of physical presence may count against then in div2 ??

Knock Yer Mucker In

Well cookstown road the road to glory at intermediate a couple of year ago, getting promoted to senior, they are now back in intermediate. Theres a yardstick. ;D

Up The Middle

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on January 26, 2012, 12:39:26 PM
Is anybody else sick of Derrytresk ones Gloating about how good they are??..some of their players are cringy arrogant it would annoy you.listening to some of the they think theyl go straight to senior!! have they forgot about the past 25 years? can wait to they get back to the real world in a few months time!

Ah ffs the lads are in an All Ireland Final, theres not too many of us can say we played in one, let them have their moment in the sun.

I think its great for football in the parish and can only push on the teams around them.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 26, 2012, 01:52:53 PM
What is the consensus of how they will do in intermediate football?  Their run this year has been remarkable, considering where theyve came from. Saw them playing once last year, their lack of physical presence may count against then in div2 ??

I can see them making a great start to next season as they will have the edge over all other teams with their fitness, but the fact that they have been going flat out all year will catch up with them eventually, no reason why they cant maintain intermediate status and then really push on the following year.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EC Unique

How is the training going? everyone back? Our lads started last weekend with the new manager.