Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 07:11:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 09, 2009, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 09, 2009, 06:39:21 PM
Quote from: passedit on February 09, 2009, 06:09:33 PM
QuoteI know some of these peope feel deeply hurt by the slurs cast on them

Yet you portray the players as motivated by greed?

Not all of them and I think at this stage they do not know themselves what their motivation is such is their fury and rage against someone or something. However I have reason to believe that some players felt that if Ger Mac was reappointed and given what they said about him then their careers were over. For some commercial interests are tied up with their careers and to some degree may have influenced their views. I did not intend to give the impression that this was their only motivation and apologise if I did. However the FM/CB dysfunctional issue serves their purpose - this is the main point I was making.

This FM/CB issues serves no one at all.
You talk of motivation and greed but you defend Murphy while at the same time you say you are up on things in Cork GAA..none of which makes sense put together.
But none are backed and are as much rumours as the rumours about the players. And there is no fact or proof, no matter what or who says so. So I will not bring up things that would be very insulting if they weren't true so I wont mention them. I'd hope you'd do the same with stories that are nothing more then just that, stories with no backing or proof. 

Out of order there reillers, stooping to their level.

Ya it was, apologies.

realrebel

Gaa

reillers knows what club im from before i posted it here maybe reillers can confirm this
youre not even from cork so how do you know only 100 people gave a standing ovation

Mod3 - Easy on the old abuse there realrebel. Cheers.

dowling

Reillers maybe you should ask for anyone with a quote of that nasty post to delete them.

heffo

Not all of them and I think at this stage they do not know themselves what their motivation is such is their fury and rage against someone or something. However I have reason to believe that some players felt that if Ger Mac was reappointed and given what they said about him then their careers were over. For some commercial interests are tied up with their careers and to some degree may have influenced their views. I did not intend to give the impression that this was their only motivation and apologise if I did. However the FM/CB dysfunctional issue serves their purpose - this is the main point I was making.

His dealings with the Revenue are a matter of public record..

dowling

witnof

Lads,

Will you stop posting so Reillers and The GAA can pop down to their clubs to post those motions they need to post, and that the rest of Cork GAA has not the balls to.

Tatler Jack

Does anyone know why the players have not contacted the club chairmen as they said they would at their press conference. They said that if they had not the backing of the clubs then they would disband as a group. Up to this the weekend they had not contacted our chairman and as far as I know they had not contacted any other club. Are they afraid of the answer they will get or was it more PR stuff.

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 09, 2009, 08:05:52 PM
Does anyone know why the players have not contacted the club chairmen as they said they would at their press conference. They said that if they had not the backing of the clubs then they would disband as a group. Up to this the weekend they had not contacted our chairman and as far as I know they had not contacted any other club. Are they afraid of the answer they will get or was it more PR stuff.

And you know they haven't? Again you have no proof to your allegations..yet here we are again.
They said if they didn't have the backing of the FANS they'd disband.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 09, 2009, 07:26:47 PM
Gaa
you are a gobshite do you know that
reillers knows what club im from before i posted it here maybe reillers can confirm this
youre not even from cork so how do you know only 100 people gave a standing ovation

Ya, he's a Barrs man all right if it wasn't obvious enough all ready.
There were 2000 (and 13 I think)  people at the game. And to be fair the lads deserved a standing ovation they played their hearts out and were clearly upset afterwards.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 09, 2009, 08:21:43 PM

And you know they haven't? Again you have no proof to your allegations..yet here we are again.

Allegations? Tatler has just said that they haven't contacted the chairman of his club - it's either a fact or it isn't - it's not really a matter of opinion..

anglocelt39

So the 30 of yesterday's men get their way and eventually McCarthy walks, what happens then. Do some of the 30 announce their retirement? Would they like perhaps to select their own boss? Would anybody be desperate enough to take it on? When a new boss does come in and we have the latest truce what happens if the new boss shows he's his own man and leaves a couple of the prize shit stirrers out of the panel? Surely not another strike, arrah no maybe it'll all be decided on by a text poll into 103fm?

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: heffo on February 09, 2009, 07:31:22 PM

His dealings with the Revenue are a matter of public record..

But are not germane to this situation or discussion. Lads, I don't monitor this all the time, because I got the gist of it after 5 pages. I don't mind ye arguing yer points all day and night, it's your lives, but don't go into the protagonists personal lives, be that the players, officers of the county board, or the manager. OK?

Cheers.

realrebel

att GAA
here is what gerry o sulllivan wrote in yesterdays programne

the pedigree of our own bainisteoir gerald mccarthy is legendary and has been well documented.He along with his backroom team has experienced a difficult start to 2009 but in typical fashion he has given everything to the job(on and off the field) and continues to fulfil the task for which he was mandated.
He and his management team deserve the full support of all gaelic games followers in this most renowned of gaelic games counties.We wish him every succuess in his efforts to ensure the continuation of corks place at the top of the hurling tree.
Best wishes also to the players who have the honour and privelege of wearing the cork jersey today.

where do you make out Gaa that he supports the players
you have some sources there boy, is it a child by any chance

witnof

Quote from: Reillers on February 09, 2009, 08:21:43 PM

They said the clubs!!!

Reillers, answer may earlier question about how many motions you proposed at your local club's AGM raising all these issues you say are so evident with FM and the CB?

witnof

Quote from: realrebel on February 09, 2009, 10:04:07 PM
att GAA
here is what gerry o sulllivan wrote in yesterdays programne

the pedigree of our own bainisteoir gerald mccarthy is legendary and has been well documented.He along with his backroom team has experienced a difficult start to 2009 but in typical fashion he has given everything to the job(on and off the field) and continues to fulfil the task for which he was mandated.
He and his management team deserve the full support of all gaelic games followers in this most renowned of gaelic games counties.We wish him every succuess in his efforts to ensure the continuation of corks place at the top of the hurling tree.
Best wishes also to the players who have the honour and privelege of wearing the cork jersey today.

where do you make out Gaa that he supports the players
you have some sources there boy, is it a child by any chance

RealRebel he must by definition be a coward (after all he is a member of the CB) and a FM stooge!!!!! Or so some will claim