McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Some GAA people thoughout the country have alluded to the 2008 panel having a lack of respect, I have to say that the same applies on this board with the 'pro' posters continually using derogatory and insulting language throughout their posts which isn't forthcoming from the anti-protest parties. Could some of you explain why you need to constantly use such language towards posters of opposing views?

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on February 09, 2009, 06:13:00 PM
tatler jack
we are assuming that reillers is indeed involved with a club

thats the way. if you can't beat his argument, undermine him. to this  point we've assumed you're a gaa man. its a stretch but we've made the assumption all the same...

Tatler Jack

Quote from: passedit on February 09, 2009, 06:09:33 PM
QuoteI know some of these peope feel deeply hurt by the slurs cast on them

Yet you portray the players as motivated by greed?

Not all of them and I think at this stage they do not know themselves what their motivation is such is their fury and rage against someone or something. However I have reason to believe that some players felt that if Ger Mac was reappointed and given what they said about him then their careers were over. For some commercial interests are tied up with their careers and to some degree may have influenced their views. I did not intend to give the impression that this was their only motivation and apologise if I did. However the FM/CB dysfunctional issue serves their purpose - this is the main point I was making.

realrebel

GAA
yes i am a gaa man
i have no problem telling you what club im from, its st finbarrs H&F
i suppose you have heard of the club have you

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 09, 2009, 06:31:04 PM
QuoteFM runs things in Cork, and people in Cork GAA, most of them anyway, want more then anything him gone, like I said it is something you'd know if you were up with this topic

How do you know that most of the people in Cork GAA want Frank gone?

Because I know, it's the general idea, go onto Rebel GAA for one example. It's the genuine opinion, believe the 10,000-12,000 at the march on Sat. What you're saying is like asking someone how do they know that most people are annoyed with the goverment. It's general knowledge.

QuoteAnd why don't they put forward a motion, again you're making points that people who know about what's going on wouldn't make and yet again it's been debated to death here.

It has not been debated to death here - you and a couplle of others have come up with some ridicolous views as to why a motion could not go forward. I am pretty well up on GAA matters in Cork Reillers.

It has been debated to death. Why are they ridiculous views? You don't sound like you know much about Cork matters at all.

QuoteAgain making assumptions with no proof, you've no idea how much grafting that's going on here at this club and how much we're debating down here, but it's easy for ou to make assumptions when you've no idea.

I made no assumptions Reillers about your club involvement. I asked a question that you have evaded i.e did you try to get a motion to the convention or did you raise any issue about Cork CB at your own clubs AGM?

You did make assumptions, issues have been brought up at the AGM and meetings and I wont hold my breath. You've no idea what goes on at mine or other Cork clubs behind the scenes. You say that you are well up on the matters of Cork GAA, maybe from what the media say but clearly not on club scene politics.

dowling

Have to agree with the thrust of Tatler Jack's views. When this dispute started the target was Gerald McCarthy. If he was got rid of the 2008 panel would be back. And that would probably still be the case. All this Frank Murphy is a red herring and possibly an attempt at a future superficial compromise by those  ex-players. Firstly if FM was to be replaced who's to say a successor would have a different view to FM, unless of course the 2008 panel could veto that appointment also. And if there was a replacement and other problems came who would take the blame if FM was out of the picture? And how would it look on the 2008 panel if another dispute arose and FM wasn't even about? The bottom line is the 2008 panel want to play hurling for Cork but on their terms in relation to who's manager and how the players are treated. They don't want the hassle of administering the county so if their terms are met, basically to get 'their man' into the managers job they'll be quite happy for Frank to remain.

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on February 09, 2009, 06:45:35 PM
GAA
yes i am a gaa man
i have no problem telling you what club im from, its st finbarrs H&F
i suppose you have heard of the club have you

Sure we've only your word for it, don't we?

dowling

witnof

Quote from: Reillers on February 09, 2009, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 09, 2009, 06:39:21 PM

Not all of them and I think at this stage they do not know themselves what their motivation is such is their fury and rage against someone or something. However I have reason to believe that some players felt that if Ger Mac was reappointed and given what they said about him then their careers were over. For some commercial interests are tied up with their careers and to some degree may have influenced their views. I did not intend to give the impression that this was their only motivation and apologise if I did. However the FM/CB dysfunctional issue serves their purpose - this is the main point I was making.

This FM/CB issues serves no one at all.
You talk of motivation and greed but you defend Murphy while at the same time you say you are up on things in Cork GAA..none of which makes sense put together.
But none are backed and are as much rumours as the rumours about the players. And there is no fact or proof, no matter what or who says so. So I will not bring up things that would be very insulting if they weren't true so I wont mention them. I'd hope you'd do the same with stories that are nothing more then just that, stories with no backing or proof. 

Reillers and The GAA don't see anyone defending FM. All people are saying is that they find it hard to believe that FM controls everyone in the Cork GAA, and that if he is so hated he would be out.

New point been made in the last few pages is whether you two gentlemen have gone down to you clubs AGMs to table and support a motion to get rid of him or change all things wrong in Cork GAA? To which you have both refused to answer, coming up with the simple reponse you cannot due to politics :-\

The GAA is one of the most democratic organisations despite your opinion otherwise

dowling

See tha county chairman called for everyone to get behind Gerald and the panel in yesterday's programme and the players received three standing ovations. Think the 2008 panel have their work cut out to get a result out of this mess they've created?

The GAA

Quote from: Reillers on February 09, 2009, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 09, 2009, 06:39:21 PM

This FM/CB issues serves no one at all.
You talk of motivation and greed but you defend Murphy while at the same time you say you are up on things in Cork GAA..none of which makes sense put together.
But none are backed and are as much rumours as the rumours about the players. And there is no fact or proof, no matter what or who says so. So I will not bring up things that would be very insulting if they weren't true so I wont mention them. I'd hope you'd do the same with stories that are nothing more then just that, stories with no backing or proof. 

Out of order there reillers, stooping to their level.

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 09, 2009, 07:10:38 PM
See tha county chairman called for everyone to get behind Gerald and the panel in yesterday's programme and the players received three standing ovations. Think the 2008 panel have their work cut out to get a result out of this mess they've created?

how many was that giving the standing ovation then? 100?

dowling

Want to make something up, sorry I mean a comment about the Jerry OSullivan bit?

Tatler Jack

QuoteYou talk of motivation and greed but you defend Murphy while at the same time you say you are up on things in Cork GAA..none of which makes sense put together.

I am never sure what point you are trying to make Reillers. First I have defended the CB as the democratically elsected body of the GAA clubs in Cork. As for FM all I have said is that there are far more allegations against him (usually not well defined) than there is substance. Over the years I have discussed the CB with many people who have been involved and with some who are very anti CB. In the end I came to the conclusion that Cork CB are no better or worse than most CB's. (Ihave lived in a few counties and been involved in the GAA everywhere I lived). So I can be not anti-CB (if that makes sense) and still be well up on things Reillers. Maybe you need to get out more and talk to a wider audience.

Still waiting for a reply to my question re any action you took at club level....