Tyrone training for the future

Started by Hereiam, October 20, 2008, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Has anyone seen the latest push to raise money for the the new £6 Million training complex to be built at Garvaghy, near Ballygawley. It invloves paying a £10 a month for 5 years to a draw with the first prize being £10,000.00 and a number of other cash prizes. Clubs will be able to draw down a grant based on the amount of members that sign up to the draw. So be warned that tickets sellers will be on the door step once again.

orangeman

Quote from: Hereiam on October 20, 2008, 02:01:14 PM
Has anyone seen the latest push to raise money for the the new £6 Million training complex to be built at Garvaghy, near Ballygawley. It invloves paying a £10 a month for 5 years to a draw with the first prize being £10,000.00 and a number of other cash prizes. Clubs will be able to draw down a grant based on the amount of members that sign up to the draw. So be warned that tickets sellers will be on the door step once again.

I wouldn't fancy their task in this day and age.

How much are they getting in grants ?

Doohicky

So you pay £600 for a chance to win £10,000??? That's a bit crap surely?
Parish draws are done all the time wher the prizes include houses etc.. and they only cost £100 a ticket.

Are those figures you produced correct?

orangeman

It will take a lot of gathering.

£600 ( minus the prizes, minus a % to give back to the clubs ) - a lot of tickets will be needed.

Surely a bigger version of Club Tyrone would generate more money amongst a smaller number of people.

Why not sell 10 year seats for Omagh matches ???????

tyrone86

10 quid per month and 10k first prize on offer every month - I think there's a total of 40k up for grabs every month

Rois

It's a monthly prize of £10,000, not a "star prize" if I recall correctly, it certainly doesn't involve a big draw and there are a number of prizes each month.

Standing order, a tenner a month for five years, it's not a huge ask.  

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on October 20, 2008, 02:13:40 PM
It's a monthly prize of £10,000, not a "star prize" if I recall correctly, it certainly doesn't involve a big draw and there are a number of prizes each month.

Standing order, a tenner a month for five years, it's not a huge ask.  

Maybe not last year but this year with the downturn, people might not be as keen.

orangeman

Clubs selling their own lotto / draws will not be too pleased I'd imagine.

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 20, 2008, 02:15:26 PM

While there might not be the same amount of money around the country, I doubt less than the price of a pint a week per week will break too many people in addition to a pound a week for a lotto ticket.Is a tenner a month too much to ask for continued success within the county?

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 20, 2008, 02:20:52 PM

While there might not be the same amount of money around the country, I doubt less than the price of a pint a week per week will break too many people in addition to a pound a week for a lotto ticket.Is a tenner a month too much to ask for continued success within the county?
[/b]

Is success guaranteed ?

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 20, 2008, 02:22:24 PM
Is success guaranteed ?

With a facility like Garvaghy in addition to the existing structures currently in place in the county, you'd have to be optimistic.

But, being realistic, if it's not funded this way - how else will it be funded? I'd say that the clubs will take a huge hit in terms of addition fees and levys for one and the price of admission for the Championship will jump hugely.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 20, 2008, 02:34:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 20, 2008, 02:22:24 PM
Is success guaranteed ?

With a facility like Garvaghy in addition to the existing structures currently in place in the county, you'd have to be optimistic.

But, being realistic, if it's not funded this way - how else will it be funded? I'd say that the clubs will take a huge hit in terms of addition fees and levys for one and the price of admission for the Championship will jump hugely.

10 year tickets for the stand for all matches ???????? Would it be worth considering or not ?? Might be difficult but it would get money in quickly. Maybe this isn't an option ?

Alternative club Tyrone ? Club Garvaghey or something like that ?

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 20, 2008, 02:49:21 PM

10 year tickets for the stand for all matches ???????? Would it be worth considering or not ?? Might be difficult but it would get money in quickly. Maybe this isn't an option ?

The problem with a 10 year ticket would be with administration of it. Essentially, you'd have to make the stand all ticket for all National League matches and all club Championship matches. Fine in theory, but it would be a nightmare to get tickets out on short notice and a nightmare to steward. Another aspect and I might be a prophet of doom, but I can guaranteed you if the stand was made all ticket for the County Final on Sunday the amount of crying from the clubs would be unreal - about having to pay to get under 16s into the stand for a game, about how an ordinary club member has no chance of getting into the stand.

As for an expanded Club Tyrone/ Club Garvaghy - wouldn't you be going back to exactly the same people for another £500 or £1000 a year?

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 20, 2008, 03:16:46 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 20, 2008, 02:49:21 PM

The problem with a 10 year ticket would be with administration of it. Essentially, you'd have to make the stand all ticket for all National League matches and all club Championship matches. Fine in theory, but it would be a nightmare to get tickets out on short notice and a nightmare to steward. Another aspect and I might be a prophet of doom, but I can guaranteed you if the stand was made all ticket for the County Final on Sunday the amount of crying from the clubs would be unreal - about having to pay to get under 16s into the stand for a game, about how an ordinary club member has no chance of getting into the stand.
As for an expanded Club Tyrone/ Club Garvaghy - wouldn't you be going back to exactly the same people for another £500 or £1000 a year?

Croke Park do it and do it very successfully without any problems.

Rois

Croke Park do it and do it very successfully without any problems.

Ach orangeman are you seriously trying to compare Croke Park with Healy Park? 

I know some clubs won't be too keen initially but I actually think it's a good idea.  It gives the ordinary club member a chance to buy into the feeling that this new development is something they contributed to, that in some small way the county is benefitting from their tenner.  Which is true.