The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I know this relates more to six nations but ir is based on H Cup form. Leinster are top of their group and playing great stuff.
Munster have been poor overall and O'Connell is only back so is under pressure to get game time. Although I must admit in terms of real knowledge I have to wonder how O'Callaghan is an automatic choice for Ireland and the 3rd choice Muntser second row is also getting caps in O'Driscoll.
Have I missed something or is Leo Cullen not gettin screwed if he doesn't start in the 6 Nations. Jesus like he captained Leicester and was left out. Surely he has to be first choice or have I been asleep and has he retired from Irish duty??
also if i was a munster fan is it not a bit worrying as leinster seem to have a serious amount of young lads coming through the ranks who seem good to go and make a step up.
munster are ageing and (although im sure they have lads coming up) don't seem to have such a conveyor belt.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Main Street

It must have been a very sad day for true rugby aficionados to witness a faltering in the core heartbeat of the real spirit of Irish rugby on Sunday. All the other positive results paled into the background at the sight of the sad truth of a season's efforts was inevitably inflicted against Munster yesterday, like a pre-ordained appointment with the grim reaper. What could a father reply to the despairing cry of  "say it ain't so" from his little boy? 

Capt Pat

Munster don't need any pity, they have had a great run in the Heineken Cup and it had to come to an end eventually. They will be back some day although they do need more young talent to come through. I was surprised to see them not really put up a big fight yesterday, a bad sign?

Declan

Received from a Lenister supporter (sung to the tune of the rubberbandits, Horse Outside)

I play in blue for Leinster, they call me Jonny Ten I'm lookin for a chance to beat those Munster boys again I know it won't be easy, it won't come as a gift The loikes of Isa, Drico, Luke & Shags will hafta shift But they aint getting nowhere without lineout scrum & maul The loikes of Leo, Jamie, Cian & Sean to win the ball And when I get that pass from Reds, and see what's in my way I'll drop my shoulder, chorge ahead and this is what I'll say

I'll say...
Fock your Strings & Warwick
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Tuitupou
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Earls & Mafi
I've got Dorce outsoide
When I'm lookin for a try
I've got the Dorce outsoide

He went to school in Clongowes, then at Lansdowne he was great He stepped up to the interpros in 1998 Tackles like a demon, blessed with blinding pace When he got that try at Croker I slagged Ronan to his face!
We've got world class backs, down the OarDeeEsh And our droive for foive showed em all who's best!
So when we get to Thomond, and I'm facing Wian du Preez I'll look that loose-head up and down and give 'im one of these

I'll say...
Fock your Bull & Quinny
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Paul O'Connell
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Fla & Leamy
I've got Dorce outsoide

C'mon Gordon D'Arcy, cross that loine
Let's play those fockers off the pork for yet another toime And if you think my taunting makes me sound a cruel bloke Don't worry; when we all wear green we'll laugh and have a joke Cos if rugby had no banter, it wouldn't be the same Its fans know how to keep control unlike some other games!
And if Munster thinks they own this tune, they don't and here is why - I've just got these four words for them - "The Fields of ATHENRY"???!!!

EVERYBODY...
Fock your Strings & Warwick
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Tuitupou
I've got Dorce outsoide
Fock your Earls & Mafi
I've got Dorce outsoide

He's gonna move inside...

He's gonna cross that line...

He's gonna beat yiz down in Thomond Pearrrrrk (Limerick accent)

Dinny Breen

QuoteIt must have been a very sad day for true rugby aficionados to witness a faltering in the core heartbeat of the real spirit of Irish rugby on Sunday.

:D
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Munster tried to evolve their game and failed, in my opinion this evolution failed because there was too much loyalty shown to the incumbents, no matter how well the squad played the likes of POC, Hayes, ROG, Wallace, Leamy, Quinlan, DOC were always parachuted in and these guys were grounded in the hardnosed aggressive 10 man game that was traditional Munster rugby. Leinster learned a harsh lesson on that black Sunday in 2006, their tippy tappy all dancing rugby was never going to win a HEC, they needed to evolve mentally and physcially, they always had the skill and Leinster are still evolving always looking forward, Munster have paid too much heed to the past. They need a new coach with the balls or else McGahan to grow a set and move on the Liginds or else Munster rugby will just stagnate
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

This failure is temporary, merely a blip to exaggerate shortcomings. Tradition, class and  pioneering spirit  is already proven beyond doubt,  willingness to evolve is not up for serious question yet. You know the pioneers by the amount of arrows in their backs and shoulders. The failure tag does not stick to Munster rugby.

bcarrier

London Irish mid season collapse completely turned the Munster group on its head ...if they had performed as expected at home against Toulon then it would be all to play for next week. Winning in Touloun was always going to be unlikely . If anything it was in the other two away games where they should have expected more . That said they werent going to win this year and are a good bit short. As a team they have given me some of my best days in sport but all good things cant last forever. Its Leinsters time now . Felipe Contepomi is a flat track bully though.

Mayo4Sam

Not to dance on Munsters grave but this is great news for Connacht, Munser win the Amlin and we're into the Heineken Cup, makes up for the patronising mid season loan rule......well almost.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Dinny Breen

QuoteFelipe Contepomi is a flat track bully though.

I thought he was excellent on Sunday for Toulon, controlled the game better from 12 than Wilko did at 10 and ripped the ball for a fanastic turnover for the 1st try unless you mean he was picking on poor speed bump again

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Maybe 'speed bump' could show him his medals and he'd leave him alone? Seriously Dinny, you need to get off O'Gara's case. What has the man done to you? And he's been a great servant to Munster and Ireland.

Concentrate on trying to get Jonny no class to sign a new deal with Leinster.

Dinny Breen

Nothing I find it amusing that Munster fans take a pop at the good Doc at every opportunity yet defend Ronan O'Gara, they just need to realise that both are assholes on the pitch.

Bit hypcritical to have a pop at me about my O'Gara bashing and in the same breath accusing Sexton of having no class. Sexton is trying to get the best deal for himself, I must have imagined all those O'Gara to the Miami Dolphins, O'Gara going to France stories.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 20, 2011, 02:31:03 PM
Nothing I find it amusing that Munster fans take a pop at the good Doc at every opportunity yet defend Ronan O'Gara, they just need to realise that both are assholes on the pitch.

Bit hypcritical to have a pop at me about my O'Gara bashing and in the same breath accusing Sexton of having no class. Sexton is trying to get the best deal for himself, I must have imagined all those O'Gara to the Miami Dolphins, O'Gara going to France stories.

Sexton having no class has nothing to do with him looking for a good deal. I don't like Sexton since he deliberately kicked Mafi in the head in Thomond Park a couple of years ago, and then taunted O'Gara after D'Arcy's try in Croker. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for El Doc, he's the one who should have got the bin on Sunday, third man in. Also, the only semi bright spark on a pretty sick day was when Leamy grabbed him by the lugs and pulled him off O'Gara.

It's Leinster's to lose. (see what I did there? ) :)

Billys Boots

There's something seriously lame about rugby-fans' bitching - very amusing though, but I can't really explain why!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

What do you want us to do? Behave like some of the kids on the Liverpool and Utd threads?