The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 24, 2009, 05:57:04 PM
Does anyone know how much the tickets for the game are?

20 or 25 for the hill , 45 for the stand . Plus Tout master get a €5 per stand ticket.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: fred the red on April 24, 2009, 05:53:16 PM
Very quiet here, given that the biggest club game in irelands history will take place in little over a week.

Not that many Rugby fans on here. I'm sure it will pick up, this weekend should be interesting in terms of avoiding injury's as both teams are playing their best tonight and tomorrow  .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on April 24, 2009, 06:03:39 PM
Very quiet here, given that the biggest club game in irelands history will take place in little over a week.

Not that many Rugby fans on here. I'm sure it will pick up, this weekend should be interesting in terms of avoiding injury's as both teams are playing their best tonight and tomorrow  .

True, better chat happening on rugby forums though if you want to chat about it. no point posting much here til a few days before the game
Grand Slam Saturday!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tankie on April 24, 2009, 06:28:09 PM

True, better chat happening on rugby forums though if you want to chat about it. no point posting much here til a few days before the game

Looks like rob kearney is going to miss the game he has the mumps. Di i hear it announced that Eoin Reddan is Joing Leinster from Wasps on a 3 year deal.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

screenexile

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 28, 2009, 02:32:31 PM

Looks like rob kearney is going to miss the game he has the mumps. Di i hear it announced that Eoin Reddan is Joing Leinster from Wasps on a 3 year deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/irish/8021389.stm

Reddan agrees deal with Leinster

Eoin Reddan did not figure in Ireland's Six Nations Grand Slam

Ireland scrum-half Eoin Reddan has agreed a three-year deal with Leinster and will join the province this summer.

Reddan joined Wasps from Munster in 2005 and has won the Powergen Cup, the Heineken Cup and the Guinness Premiership during his four-year stay.

The scrum-half made his debut on the international stage against France as part of the Ireland Six Nations squad.

He has won 14 caps, including two at the 2007 Rugby World Cup, and is eager to regain a place in the Irish set-up.

Reddan was not part of the Ireland squad which won the Grand Slam last month.

"It's tough for me leaving Wasps as I've thoroughly enjoyed myself over the last four years and I can't overstate how great a club it is," said Reddan.

"I would like to thank everyone for their support, particularly in my decision to go home to look to further my international career.

"I am looking forward to representing Leinster next season - they are a top club and have proved that year in, year out on the European stage.

"The biggest thing I will take from time at Wasps is the experience of playing on the biggest days of the season, playing in the biggest games and performing consistently as a team - that is an experience that will stay with me forever."

Tankie

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2009, 03:34:44 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 28, 2009, 02:32:31 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/irish/8021389.stm

Reddan agrees deal with Leinster

Eoin Reddan did not figure in Ireland's Six Nations Grand Slam

Ireland scrum-half Eoin Reddan has agreed a three-year deal with Leinster and will join the province this summer.

Reddan joined Wasps from Munster in 2005 and has won the Powergen Cup, the Heineken Cup and the Guinness Premiership during his four-year stay.

The scrum-half made his debut on the international stage against France as part of the Ireland Six Nations squad.

He has won 14 caps, including two at the 2007 Rugby World Cup, and is eager to regain a place in the Irish set-up.

Reddan was not part of the Ireland squad which won the Grand Slam last month.

"It's tough for me leaving Wasps as I've thoroughly enjoyed myself over the last four years and I can't overstate how great a club it is," said Reddan.

"I would like to thank everyone for their support, particularly in my decision to go home to look to further my international career.

"I am looking forward to representing Leinster next season - they are a top club and have proved that year in, year out on the European stage.

"The biggest thing I will take from time at Wasps is the experience of playing on the biggest days of the season, playing in the biggest games and performing consistently as a team - that is an experience that will stay with me forever."

Should be a good signing
Grand Slam Saturday!

Capt Pat

Reddan will bring Leinster on a couple of notches, he is a very good player and Leinsters scrum half play from Witaker and others has simply not been good enough. A pity they don't have him on sunday to help them make a game of it.

Bord na Mona man

The whole build up seems low key.
I wonder did the Lions announcement divert attention away from this?
Also RTE have nothing to gain from pumping the event, since Sky have the rights.

I have a feeling Leinster could spring a surprise.
Munster are playing champagne rugby and look like a team that no longer has the element of fear.
Perhaps they were better off when they had those doubts in their back their minds and were going out in games with something to prove.

Judging by the small sample of fans I know, the Leinster ones are determined to get behind their team and not have a repeat of 2006 when Munster owned Lansdowne.
The Munster ones seem to have half an eye on Edinburgh and it was mentioned that this would be the last time they get to see Dr Phil bottle it at the sight of the red jersey.  :D
Ultimately it matters not a hoot what a couple of random fans think, but maybe, just maybe a bit of complacency could infect the Munster players' minds.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 28, 2009, 08:01:30 PM

Also RTE have nothing to gain from pumping the event, since Sky have the rights.

Munster are playing champagne rugby and look like a team that no longer has the element of fear.
Perhaps they were better off when they had those doubts in their back their minds and were going out in games with something to prove.

Judging by the small sample of fans I know, the Leinster ones are determined to get behind their team and not have a repeat of 2006 when Munster owned Lansdowne.
The Munster ones seem to have half an eye on Edinburgh and it was mentioned that this would be the last time they get to see Dr Phil bottle it at the sight of the red jersey.  :D
Ultimately it matters not a hoot what a couple of random fans think, but maybe, just maybe a bit of complacency could infect the Munster players' minds.

Hard to get excited for what I think  it going to be a hammering

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 02:06:07 PM
Not bothered that much either way but If i had to choose then I hope Munster win.
Jeez Louise. That's like a Laois man saying before an upcoming Laois v Offaly Leinster championship match:
"I'm not that bothered about GAA, but if I had to choose I hope Offaly win - they have the tradition and passion".

Its a credit to the Munster bandwagon and propaganda machine that so many Leinstermen think similarly. Despite the team and squad being represented by so many counties. There'd probably be less counties represented if a proper Leinster football side was picked! (Definitely the case in hurling).

It would be lovely for Leinster to win just once, and up to Christmas I was sure this was going to be Leinster's year. But Leinster haven't been playing well, while Munster are playing out of their skins.

Kearney is a huge loss I think. Girv wasn't good last week, hopefully he's a good performance inside him. If Luke had a few more games this year in the position, I'd nearly be tempted to have him at 15.

Leinster's pack have nothing to fear in the scrum or in open play - but we could get an awful hammering in the line-out. I'd be very tempted to play Toner and leave Big Mal in reserve for a big final 20 minutes. I hope Jackman is practising hitting Heaslip and Elsom with his darts, just to keep it away from POC.

If Jennings doesnt perform, then Sean O'Brien better get the call sooner rather than later. The Carlowman is continuing to improve and this time of game should suit him.

I'd definitely play Sexton. He made such a difference last week that it surely can't be ignored.
Horgan has been pretty pants this year, but just because its Munster I think I'd start him ahead of Nacewa. Though if Sexton's at 10, Contepomi at 12, then Darcy should get 14.

Contepomi was poor again from penalties v Glasgow at the weekend, and given its his first game at Croker, I think the only way we'll break even in kicking is of O'Gara misses as many as the Doc, rather than Doc nailing as many as O'Gara! Contepomi really needs his first couple to be straight in front of the posts from 20 yards.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on April 29, 2009, 12:39:12 AM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 28, 2009, 08:01:30 PM

Hard to get excited for what I think  it going to be a hammering

I know how you feel. Where are you in the ground?
Grand Slam Saturday!

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

On that vein, Leinster unveiled a new boot deal this week....