The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TORGAEL

Leinster are struggling to get a foothold in this game. Wasps are imposing themselves on them

FermPundit

A strange call by the ref. A very soft yellow card.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Dinny Breen

Glorious bonus point from Leinster, magnificent performance to go the English Champions and to lose by only 7.

Anyway terrible performance in the non-Munster world and Leinster have serious issues at half-back, Whitaker is too slow and Nacewa is not a controlling 10 but will take the losing bonus and group is in our hands.

#newbridgeornowhere

Myles Na G.

Don't know what Wasps were thinking in the last couple of minutes, when they elected to kick for points rather than go for the corner and then the try. Good result for Leinster. Kearney was immense.

Another good result for Ulster earlier on. Miserable conditions. They had to evacuate the temporary stand half way through the second half, because they feared it was about to blow away!

thebandit

Leinster were weak at 8/9/10 today, but considering they were playing with a patchwork front row, it was far from a disaster. They showed plenty of character when in previous times they would have rolled over.

Why did they not play Contempomi at 10 in the 2nd half? Baffling.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2009, 05:59:27 PM
Some beating for the west today.

Ya we knew it would be tough but that was some hammering

In fairness Bradleys focus is more on topping ulster in the magners league, which is looking good with the form they are in
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 18, 2009, 02:22:56 PM

In fairness Bradleys focus is more on topping ulster in the magners league, which is looking good with the form they are in

Can't see that happening at all. Ulster look to be getting their act together with recent wins over Munster and Harlequins. There's also quite a large points difference between them already.

TORGAEL

Magners League table 

10 January 2009 21:19
  Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Munster 10 7 0 3 207 166 3 31
2 Ospreys 10 6 0 4 222 155 5 29
3 Leinster 10 6 1 3 214 151 3 29
4 Scarlets 10 6 0 4 215 192 2 26
5 Edinburgh 10 5 0 5 210 184 6 26
6 Glasgow 10 5 0 5 183 183 5 25
7 Ulster 10 4 0 6 191 172 6 22
8 Newport-Gwent D'gons 10 4 0 6 175 235 5 21
9 Cardiff Blues 10 3 1 6 186 202 3 17
10 Connacht 10 3 0 7 111 274 1 13

Have to agree with screenexile, cant see the connacht challenge here !

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 18, 2009, 02:22:56 PM

Played a second string side yesterday. Still a very bad beating mind. Concentrating more on the Dax game next week rather than the ML I would say.

Mayo4Sam

Sorry that should have read which isn't looking good the form Ulster are in

Tankie

If the final games results go right today Leinster may only need a win to qualify next week as 20points could see you you through as best runner up. If leinster and Wasps do both finish on 21points it looks like both will go throught with Leinster topping the group but they should know exactly what is required on Sunday before kick off!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

1 round to go and so many teams still in with a chance. Its  a super competitive competition which is great to watch.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mayo4Sam

Great result for cardiff, sheer daftness from their winger james in headbutting the gloucester hooker, even though he went down like he was shot
great finish from cardiff

Tankie

Could be a Munster v Leinster Q/F if leinster get 5points the way things are shaping up. its gonna be a pain in the ass getting tickets as it will have to be played in Thomand or outside the country!
Grand Slam Saturday!