OWC ???

Started by KCGaelicFootball, September 11, 2008, 06:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Quote from: Gnevin on September 11, 2008, 11:23:16 PM
Quote from: cicfada on September 11, 2008, 11:19:55 PM
I lived in the States for 12 years and I never heard any American referring to Ireland as Eire!! Maybe that little signature at the bottom   should read "Ta me as mo mheabhair agus na creid me"

Have you got a problem with the states official name ?

No, but how often do you ever hear the state referred to as Eire! Anyway my point was that I had never heard any American refer to  our country  as  Eire!! Maybe Hegan Boy and  Stew have, it's just unusual that's all! Maybe our Kansas friend will learn something from his sojurns here, who knows!!

Gnevin

Quote from: cicfada on September 11, 2008, 11:27:12 PM
I lived in the States for 12 years and I never heard any American referring to Ireland as Eire!! Maybe that little signature at the bottom   should read "Ta me as mo mheabhair agus na creid me"

No, but how often do you ever hear the state referred to as Eire! Anyway my point was that I had never heard any American refer to  our country  as  Eire!! Maybe Hegan Boy and  Stew have, it's just unusual that's all! Maybe our Kansas friend will learn something from his sojurns here, who knows!!

Better to call it Éire than mistakenly use the name the Republic of Ireland
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Gnevin on September 11, 2008, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: cicfada on September 11, 2008, 11:27:12 PM

Better to call it Éire than mistakenly use the name the Republic of Ireland

I am not from Kansas I am in Missouri its in the Midwest. There is a city called Kansas City, all the Irish think that its in Kansas I think that they should rename it (not in Kansas -Kansas City)

So its improper called it Eire??? That is what I was tought by my forgien born Irish grandparents. Plus from my grandfather its called the North of Ireland never ever northern Ireland.
ta se mor

mylestheslasher

OF KC, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I would consider myself a republican too and indeed I did my bit for SF in my time but remember there was a lot of shit done on all sides and I find a more measured approach to  the conflict in this country is required rather than a gung ho approach. Welcome to the board.

iluvni

Hear, hear KC.
Keep it coming..... :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: KCGaelicFootball on September 11, 2008, 10:18:21 PM
I am honestly not a loyalist arse hole I am a American of Irish descent and catholic as well. I also belong to the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Kansas City,Mo www.kcaoh.org and Irish Northern Aid as well.

How about this for a deal, then, KC? When the "American" in you has sorted out all the crap the USA has caused in the rest of the world, maybe then we (or this Irishman at least) will welcome the help of the "Irish" in you in sorting out our problems... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 02:54:40 PM
I am honestly not a loyalist arse hole I am a American of Irish descent and catholic as well. I also belong to the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Kansas City,Mo www.kcaoh.org and Irish Northern Aid as well.

How about this for a deal, then, KC? When the "American" in you has sorted out all the crap the USA has caused in the rest of the world, maybe then we (or this Irishman at least) will welcome the help of the "Irish" in you in sorting out our problems... ::)

Quote from: iluvni on September 12, 2008, 08:52:13 AM
Hear, hear KC.

KC meet your first two OWCer's.  ;) ;D
Tbc....

Main Street

KC, Don't mind these fxckwits trying to be smart arses.
Just ignore them as they just love to be fed replies.

There are some ignorant Unionist/loyalist trolls who lurk around here just waiting for their chance to bait you.
Stick to the GAA for now and get a feel for the place.
As you are a sound full back in the classic tradition  :) no doubt you can take care of yourself.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Main Street on September 12, 2008, 04:34:27 PM

There are some ignorant Unionist/loyalist trolls who lurk around here just waiting for their chance to bait you.
As you are a sound full back in the classic tradition  :) no doubt you can take care of yourself.

Thank you for the reply I am tired of all the shite and I can take care of myself. I have to honestly say the only person I could fake to be is Harry Carey he used to be the sports announcer for the Chicago Cube baseball team. My wife says I sound just like him if I am drunk enough ha-ha !!!
ta se mor

AZOffaly

Evil Genius

"Fxckwits", "smart arses", "ignorant Unionist/loyalist trolls". What was wrong with the simple "Orange Bastards" which 'somebody' used to describe us earlier?   :D

Aye, stay away from the General Discussion section, since as Main Street is surely implying, you don't know what the fcuk you're talking about... ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Main Street

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 04:48:38 PM

"Fxckwits", "smart arses", "ignorant Unionist/loyalist trolls". What was wrong with the simple "Orange b**tards" which 'somebody' used to describe us earlier?   :D

I don't use abusive terms which don't apply.

his holiness nb

What was wrong with the simple "Orange b**tards" which 'somebody' used to describe us earlier?   :D

Jaysus EG, just because one guy steps out of line with that sort of talk, doesnt mean we all think that way.

Kind of tarring us with the one brush with that suggestion. Unless I took you up wrong.
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: Main Street on September 12, 2008, 04:54:20 PM

"Fxckwits", "smart arses", "ignorant Unionist/loyalist trolls". What was wrong with the simple "Orange b**tards" which 'somebody' used to describe us earlier?   :D

I don't use abusive terms which don't apply.
You didn't use the term "Orange Bastard"; KC did... :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

iluvni

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 12, 2008, 03:46:39 PM

Quote from: iluvni on September 12, 2008, 08:52:13 AM
Hear, hear KC.

KC meet your first two OWCer's.  ;) ;D

You were  scared what this eejit was going to say next!