Mickelson/Kim v Harrington/Karlsson  1/2
Leonard/Mahan v Stenson/Casey   USA
Cink/Campbell v Rose/Poulter  Europe
Perry/Furyk v Westwood/Garcia  Europe

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

It's hardly a shock. Poulter has been widely tipped to partner Rose. Think Westwood Garcia is a strong partnership. Would agree with LL's assessment of 2.5 for Europe from the first 4 available.

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 18, 2008, 10:50:11 PM
RYDER CUP OPENING FOURSOMES
Mickelson/Kim v Harrington/Karlsson  USA
Leonard/Mahan v Stenson/Casey   EUR
Cink/Campbell v Rose/Poulter  USA
Perry/Furyk v Westwood/Garcia  USA

3-1, but the bottom match could go either way, maybe 2.5-1.5 to USA after the morning play.

Tankie

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 18, 2008, 10:17:13 PM
Did anyone see that terribly cringeworthy effort of a speech by Faldo. What a w**ker that guy truly is.

On Harrington - "he's hit more golf balls than they've planted potatos in Ireland"

When introducing McDowell - "is it Ireland or Northen Ireland?"

The looks on the player faces told a tale. If they win it will be despite this idiot.

Azinger coming across a lot better. Seems like a gentleman.

it was the worst speech i have even heard. the guy really is a total p***k!
Grand Slam Saturday!

theskull1

Not that I give a fcuk

But the "Pr1ck factor" can't be discounted

USA to win by 2 goals
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Declan

QuoteI'll manage to avoid it this year and so get some work done, not having a Sky Sports subscription. The psychology of it is amazing. I won't mind missing this at all and when I hear reports I'll find myself wondering how anyone can get excited about supporting a team called Europe - surely too broad an identity to identify closely with.

I'd be like that myself. No Sky subscription and looking at Faldo's comments etc I'm glad I won't see it. To me golf is an individual sport at the highest level so would like Harrington and McDowell play well but really couldn't care about overall result.

Whacker

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 18, 2008, 10:17:13 PM
Did anyone see that terribly cringeworthy effort of a speech by Faldo. What a w**ker that guy truly is.

On Harrington - "he's hit more golf balls than they've planted potato's in Ireland"

When introducing McDowell - "is it Ireland or Northen Ireland?"

The looks on the player faces told a tale. If they win it will be despite this idiot.

Azinger coming across a lot better. Seems like a gentleman.

Was just going to talk about that too Seanie.. I got texts from friends all thinking what I was thinking, the man was full drunk!  He is an absolute asshole and will ultimately be the downfall of Europe.  Harrington should have got up and smacked that smug English smirk off that pricks face!  As for Poulter, another smug p***k!  Did anyone else NOT see the resemblance between Paul Casey and Robbie Williams?

However Faldo's woman, now thats a different story! :o

Great matches however.  Looking forward to seeing it, if I get the chance to!

America by 1 1/2

corn02

Faldo is getting more cringeworthy every day.

I am trying to get Perry as top points scorer at nines, but no debit card with me - probably a good thing.

Rossie11

Harrington in the 1st pair?? Really risky
He is suffering from fatigue and has lost form in past few weeks.
Faldo has virtually handed the duty of leading the team to harrington..
If Phil Mick and Kim get off to a good start Europe are under pressure straight away and
Harrington will look like the guy who bottled it..

full back

Am going to back Kim & Stenson for top points
Hopefully give me an interest to the end

Edit, might also have an interest in JB Holmes

Bogball XV

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 19, 2008, 09:29:18 AM
Harrington in the 1st pair?? Really risky
He is suffering from fatigue and has lost form in past few weeks.
Faldo has virtually handed the duty of leading the team to harrington..
If Phil Mick and Kim get off to a good start Europe are under pressure straight away and
Harrington will look like the guy who bottled it..

In fairness, he has to hand the duty of leading the team to harrington - harrington is a triple major champion and easily europe's top ranked and most successful player - the only alternative would have been sergio, but that would have been disrespecting harrington. 

AZOffaly

I agree with most of the comments here, and I even agree with Laoislad's 2.5 - 1.5 prediction!

With Faldo, he is awful cringe inducing. I didn't see his speech (thank God), but I saw him announcing the pairings, etc. He comes off as a dick, who is trying to be 'one of the lads'. He was never, isn't, and will never be one of the lads. He was an individual, with very few 'friends' and quite a few enemies in the locker rooms. It was part of what made him a great player.

But this act is fooling nobody, apart from maybe the viewers on the Golf Channel, or CBS, where he does the commentary for PGA events.

Nick, give up the 'charm' offensive. Be yourself, whatever that is.