No Seat belt = points

Started by Hereiam, August 13, 2008, 09:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Great start to the day, got pulled over by the RUC for no seat belt. £60 and 3 points thats me on 9 points now. I wouldn't have minded but I stopped at a shop and was makin my way to work which was only another 1/2 mile and in a 30mph zone and I didn't put the fckin thing back on me again. I tell you they have it in for me. Is there any point contesting this one or should I just accept it and wait for the next 3.

wherefromreferee?

What did you get the first 6 for?
In your Endo!

Hereiam

Got them for going a bit too fast for their likin one day

gerry

i peaked at nine point for a while. theres nothing like having nine points on your licence to make you slow down and wise up.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hereiam on August 13, 2008, 09:33:58 AM
Great start to the day, got pulled over by the RUC for no seat belt. £60 and 3 points thats me on 9 points now. I wouldn't have minded but I stopped at a shop and was makin my way to work which was only another 1/2 mile and in a 30mph zone and I didn't put the fckin thing back on me again. I tell you they have it in for me. Is there any point contesting this one or should I just accept it and wait for the next 3.

Don't know about up north Hereiam but its in black and white that you get 2 points for not wearing a seatbelt in the south and there is no point in contesting it. I just have a habit now of putting on my seatbelt the minute i get in to the car be it a half mile journey or 160 mile.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

J70

Quote from: gerry on August 13, 2008, 09:49:06 AM
i peaked at nine point for a while. theres nothing like having nine points on your licence to make you slow down and wise up.

The penny didn't start to drop after five or six?

J70

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 13, 2008, 10:18:49 AM

Don't know about up north Hereiam but its in black and white that you get 2 points for not wearing a seatbelt in the south and there is no point in contesting it. I just have a habit now of putting on my seatbelt the minute i get in to the car be it a half mile journey or 160 mile.

Same here. I don't feel comfortable without a seat belt on. I even wear one if sitting in the back, especially in NYC taxis!

Maguire01

On what grounds should/would you contest it? Surely it's black and white?

I don't know about anyone else, but personally putting on the seatbelt is as automatic a reaction as letting off the handbrake.

orangeman

Are those boys still on the roads ?  ;)

DirtyDozen12

You'll soon be hitchin a ride, ohh hitchin a ride!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Tony Baloney

Why would you contest it? You were caught fair and square.

Having said that I have a bad habit of getting into the car and then putting my belt on after a couple of minutes. I was caught speeding in a 30 a couple of years ago with no belt on and on my way to replace 2 bald tyres at Philly White's in Armagh!

Now there was a slam dunk if they wanted to hit me hard. Luckily it was a female cop and I'm gorgeous (as you can see from my photo) so got off with a ticking off!

Hereiam

Well I believe that it shouldn't be a traffic offence and that it should be left up to the individual whether or not to wear it. Was thinking of using the line " yous are nothing but a shower of c**ts"

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

screenexile

Quote from: Hereiam on August 13, 2008, 01:33:07 PM
Well I believe that it shouldn't be a traffic offence and that it should be left up to the individual whether or not to wear it. Was thinking of using the line " yous are nothing but a shower of c**ts"

Can't do that Heriam.. As the advertisements show someone not wearing a seatbelt can cause as much damage as the crash itself!

Puckoon

Quote from: gerry on August 13, 2008, 09:49:06 AM

My old man drives for a living, which is why both my mother and I have three points each on our licenses...

Seat belt is a no brainer for me, I have it on before I turn on the ignition.