No Seat belt = points

Started by Hereiam, August 13, 2008, 09:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

my car has an annoying beeping noise if i don't put on the belt.  very effective

Lazer

Quote from: screenexile on August 13, 2008, 01:40:26 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on August 13, 2008, 01:33:07 PM
Well I believe that it shouldn't be a traffic offence and that it should be left up to the individual whether or not to wear it. Was thinking of using the line " yous are nothing but a shower of c**ts"

Can't do that Heriam.. As the advertisements show someone not wearing a seatbelt can cause as much damage as the crash itself!

That is an absolute pile of Crap - especially if your the only person in the car! It should be your own decision! If your wearing a seatbelt and have an accident it can casue a ruptured spleen or worse!
Wearing a seatbelt should not be a traffic offence

!
Quote from: unforgiven on August 13, 2008, 05:09:33 PM
my car has an annoying beeping noise if i don't put on the belt.  very effective
There is ways around that!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

nifan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 13, 2008, 01:31:10 PM
Having said that I have a bad habit of getting into the car and then putting my belt on after a couple of minutes. I was caught speeding in a 30 a couple of years ago with no belt on and on my way to replace 2 bald tyres at Philly White's in Armagh!

I think its the case you will only get 3 points no matter how many tyres are bald, if you take the fine there and then. If you go to court they may apply all.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hereiam on August 13, 2008, 09:33:58 AM
Great start to the day, got pulled over by the RUC for no seat belt. £60 and 3 points thats me on 9 points now. I wouldn't have minded but I stopped at a shop and was makin my way to work which was only another 1/2 mile and in a 30mph zone and I didn't put the fckin thing back on me again. I tell you they have it in for me. Is there any point contesting this one or should I just accept it and wait for the next 3.

Good enough for you,I'm glad you were caught,nothing against you at all but the law is the law...
I hate people who aren't man enough to take their punishment,there's always someone who will look for a way out  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 13, 2008, 05:02:39 PM
Quote from: gerry on August 13, 2008, 09:49:06 AM
i peaked at nine point for a while. theres nothing like having nine points on your licence to make you slow down and wise up.

My old man drives for a living, which is why both my mother and I have three points each on our licenses...

Seat belt is a no brainer for me, I have it on before I turn on the ignition.

Good man putting on a belt is a no brainer but using your mobile while driving is ok by you ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

No brainer as in, its not something I forget.

Whats wrong with using my phone while Im driving?

By the way - I should add that I am not breaking any laws...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 13, 2008, 05:43:09 PM

Whats wrong with using my phone while Im driving?
By the way - I should add that I am not breaking any laws...

Jesus will be the judge of that my friend
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

In all honesty, if thats the first thing the Lord has to worry about, Im home free.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 13, 2008, 06:23:15 PM
In all honesty, if thats the first thing the Lord has to worry about, Im home free.
And by using your mobile while driving you'll see him a lot sooner than i will  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 06:25:49 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 13, 2008, 06:23:15 PM
And by using your mobile while driving you'll see him a lot sooner than i will  ;)

Well that is a no brainer - you wont get within touchin distance of him!

Maguire01

Quote from: Lazer on August 13, 2008, 05:34:58 PM
Well I believe that it shouldn't be a traffic offence and that it should be left up to the individual whether or not to wear it. Was thinking of using the line " yous are nothing but a shower of c**ts"

Can't do that Heriam.. As the advertisements show someone not wearing a seatbelt can cause as much damage as the crash itself!

That is an absolute pile of Crap - especially if your the only person in the car! It should be your own decision! If your wearing a seatbelt and have an accident it can casue a ruptured spleen or worse!
If you're not the only person in the car, then it definitely should be an offence. If you're on your own, you still have to consider the cost of serious injury in relation to your rehabilitation. There are consequences. And i think a seatbelt injury vs the alternative would result in a clear vote in favour of the belt.

Quote from: unforgiven on August 13, 2008, 05:09:33 PM
There is ways around that!
How sad would you be to bother finding a way around that?

J70

Interesting logic. I take it you wouldn't wear a safety harness on a high-rise then as there is a risk of serious health effects if you're left dangling in mid-air too long after a fall? Or how about drugs?  Most of them have side effects or risks of some sort, many potentially dangerous for certain individuals. What are the statistics for serious injuries caused by wearing seatbelts compared to serious injuries (or deaths) caused by not wearing seatbelts?

Tony Baloney

What a load of nonsense that it is your decision to wear a belt. Tell that to a paramedic called to a traffic accident and see if they'd rather a belt was worn or not. By wearing a belt you have less chance of being shovelled into a body bag.

Lar Naparka

I spent a few weeks in a convalescent hospital two months ago. Nothing too serious; I was recovering from a hip operation. All around me were victims of traffic accidents.
One young lad was there because he hadn't bothered to wear a seat belt when going a short distance on his own. He had a crash and was sent hurtling through the windscreen. I very much doubt if he will recover fully as he was in plaster casts from neck to ankles.
At least I knew I'd be getting out soon. A lot around me back then will never be able to say the same.
I'll never go without wearing a belt again.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

J70

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 14, 2008, 01:23:00 AM
I spent a few weeks in a convalescent hospital two months ago. Nothing too serious; I was recovering from a hip operation. All around me were victims of traffic accidents.
One young lad was there because he hadn't bothered to wear a seat belt when going a short distance on his own. He had a crash and was sent hurtling through the windscreen. I very much doubt if he will recover fully as he was in plaster casts from neck to ankles.
At least I knew I'd be getting out soon. A lot around me back then will never be able to say the same.
I'll never go without wearing a belt again.

Another one where logic seems to fail. Unless short stretches of road near one's house are statistically safer than similar stretches more distant from one's house that might be traveled on a longer journey?