Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Its alright messing about lads, but it wasnt so funny for conor gormley when he was pulled in by the gardi after the game and questioned on the Disappearance of Alan Brogan ;D

tyroneman

What was Caffrey up to near the end?????

tayto

Think he had words with mcmeniman after he kicked bonner. Shouldnt get involved.

lynchbhoy

on such an 'occassion' rather than a NL first round game - it was obv there were loads of kids and ladies in the crowd that prob are not normally in attendance

so the idiot fans dotted around the premium level seats (areas 502 - 504) that were hurling abusive and obscene language at the ref (as if he was going to hear it from there let alone listen to it) was a disgrace

no wonder my missus talks up the rugby crowd and tells me that GAA is followed by 'a shower of knackers'

these mindless morons make me cringe.
there are three very bad culprits of this (ie teams that have a problem with this) in the GAA.

(and yes if I say that I support GAA - she simply states ' I rest my case')

DUBSFORSAM1

Mannix -

With regards to fitness yes playing 90 mins the week before will take it out of you especially in winter and especially when your only back starting training - if you think otherwise maybe you should try it sometime....

With regards to Caffrey he probably shouldn't have said anything to McMenamin but then again if McMenamin didn't get sent off it wouldn't have happened.....have to admit I liked the complaining afterwards about him getting pulled and dragged off the ball.....pot kettle black springs to mind.....

Pity about the loss but O'Se looked good at full back, Brennan fairly good on Mulligan, Connolly looks a class player and Magee did well in mid-field until injured.....

2nd half Tyrone came back into it with the substitutions but I don't see what more Caffrey could have done apart from put on Whelan/Quinn and there was no point risking that - maybe putting Keaney to centre forward and Brogan into the full forward line.....

Still Dublin created the only goal scoring chances which was good - not taking them was bad....

forkinknife

Well well well whe the nordies were under the cosh at half time what do they do? Bring on two fellas to throw their weight about, get the eyebrow man (was a full moon - was no wonder he seemed agitated) to mouth off and hey presto, a game won by default. You'd think it was the championship. Tyrone will regret this come summer when we met again. Not impressed with Tyrone. This was a tough run-out for the lads and eased off the gas in the second half to conserve energy for bigger tasks ahead in the summer.

ONeill, not gonna tell them about our meeting? Mark my words if I ever see you again, you'll know about it you tr**p. 4 the record, he's dressed in the garb he told me to be in, at the bar itself, he jokes around and he buys two pints and then fecks off and the barman asks me for the money. tr**p.

tayto

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 05, 2007, 01:48:58 PM
on such an 'occassion' rather than a NL first round game - it was obv there were loads of kids and ladies in the crowd that prob are not normally in attendance

so the idiot fans dotted around the premium level seats (areas 502 - 504) that were hurling abusive and obscene language at the ref (as if he was going to hear it from there let alone listen to it) was a disgrace

no wonder my missus talks up the rugby crowd and tells me that GAA is followed by 'a shower of knackers'

there are three very bad culprits of this (ie teams that have a problem with this) in the GAA.

Ask me ballix, rugby is supported by a bunch of upper middle class people on a day out, the reason they dont abuse the ref is because they havent a clue what the technical infringements are, let alone if the ref has messed up, besides the result is an afterthought, it won't spoil their evening let alone their week. Ah generalisations are great arent they.  :P

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on February 05, 2007, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 05, 2007, 01:48:58 PM

Ask me ballix, rugby is supported by a bunch of upper middle class people on a day out, the reason they dont abuse the ref is because they havent a clue what the technical infringements are, let alone if the ref has messed up, besides the result is an afterthought, it won't spoil their evening let alone their week. Ah generalisations are great arent they.  :P

I dont particularly like the generalisation myself, but there are large pockets of knackery fans that to the uninformed non sports fan (like the missus) make GAA fans look bad in comparison

tayto

I've been known to let the odd swear out when things get tense, i hope that dosent make me a kn**ker!  :-\

Ah i know what ye mean, but it's probably a refelction on modern ireland. plenty of scobies about.

Declan

Enjoyed the occasion. Game was good enough considering the time of year etc. Tyrone will be there or therabouts I think come September. Dubs same old failings but not overly pessimistic yet!!

How did McEnaney not give a peno for McMenamin's footblock?

What the hell are the stewards doing during a game if they can't stop these streakers. If I catch hold of one of them they'll have no no nuts left - tossers the lot of them(streakers that is)

ziggysego

Quote from: forkinknife on February 05, 2007, 02:57:19 PM
Well well well whe the nordies were under the cosh at half time what do they do? Bring on two fellas to throw their weight about, get the eyebrow man (was a full moon - was no wonder he seemed agitated) to mouth off and hey presto, a game won by default. You'd think it was the championship. Tyrone will regret this come summer when we met again. Not impressed with Tyrone. This was a tough run-out for the lads and eased off the gas in the second half to conserve energy for bigger tasks ahead in the summer.

ONeill, not gonna tell them about our meeting? Mark my words if I ever see you again, you'll know about it you tr**p. 4 the record, he's dressed in the garb he told me to be in, at the bar itself, he jokes around and he buys two pints and then fecks off and the barman asks me for the money. tr**p.

Ack sssh would ya. A part for Ricey getting hot headed again and see red, it was otherwises a good clean game. Tyrone deserved their won, but Dublin are a fine team too. Only February, but potentially Sam could be residing in one of these two counties come September.
Testing Accessibility

SlimShady

ziggy you sicken my balls sometimes with that arse licking shite.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: forkinknife on February 05, 2007, 02:57:19 PM

What a ridiculous post, Tyrone are going to regret it? Ohhh i bet they're quaking in their boots.

Tyrone played to win, i've no doubt that dublin tired in the last 15 minutes but they played the first half with such intensity in terms of covering ground that that was always going to happen, poor management IMO.
As for Tyrone throwing their weight around, all that was missing was Whelan to throw his around, but of course he's still in the box David Brady put him in last august, Dublin whinging about teams getting stuck into them is a bit rich.

Caffrey seems to lose his cool during the matches, he comes across as a manager, much like maughan, who is fantastic in the lead up to a match but doesn't have the in-game smarts to make the changes that matter.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on February 05, 2007, 03:27:49 PM
I've been known to let the odd swear out when things get tense, i hope that dosent make me a kn**ker!  :-\

Ah i know what ye mean, but it's probably a refelction on modern ireland. plenty of scobies about.
I can guarantee yer no worse than me, but I think most of us realise not to do it in certain situations - in a terrace with no kids about (and maybe the occassional lady) then its not so bad but in a stand full of kiddies and obv GAA newcomers - thats not what people should be hearing
hardly going to encourage those ladies in the stands with their couple of kids to send their kids off to the next GAA camp or match

yer right though, its hard stopped but shooting ourselves in the foot though

ziggysego

Quote from: SlimShady on February 05, 2007, 03:36:40 PM
ziggy you sicken my balls sometimes with that arse licking shite.

What? Want me to lie? You telling me that Dublin weren't superb in the first half? They played some fantastic football for February. They just didn't have the stamina to keep the pressure on Tyrone for the full 70 minutes.
Testing Accessibility