Dustin set for Eurovision

Started by Tyronelass, January 29, 2008, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Hardy.....I recommend counselling for that chip on your shoulder.  Can't be good for you.  :o

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2008, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on February 08, 2008, 02:05:43 PM
Didn't Phil write "The Town I loved So Well?" One of the best Irish ballads of the past 50 years.  Always brings a tear to my eye, that one.
A member of this board believes that Mr. Coulter may have had a hidden agenda when penning this song.

What was the hidden agenda? Trying to embarrass the f**k out of Derry people. I love to watch them cringe when someone starts sing it.

Hardy

Quote from: balladmaker on February 10, 2008, 12:55:58 AM
Hardy.....I recommend counselling for that chip on your shoulder.  Can't be good for you.  :o

It worked again!

mick999

Red Hander, EG was wrong :-) but not about Google

There are 252 cover versions of "puppet on a string" and you'll find them all here

http://rapidshare.com/files/41482259/1967_PUPPET_ON_A_STRING_coverversions.doc

1967   PUPPET ON A STRING - (252) COVERVERSIONS - any corrections and additions are welcome!

http://eurocovers.blogspot.com/search?q=puppet+on+a+string

balladmaker

Evil Genius

Quote from: mick999 on February 10, 2008, 11:39:31 AM
Red Hander, EG was wrong :-) but not about Google

There are 252 cover versions of "puppet on a string" and you'll find them all here

http://rapidshare.com/files/41482259/1967_PUPPET_ON_A_STRING_coverversions.doc

1967   PUPPET ON A STRING - (252) COVERVERSIONS - any corrections and additions are welcome!

http://eurocovers.blogspot.com/search?q=puppet+on+a+string

Careful, Mick! I've already been accused by RH of being "anally retentive" - he'll be onto you for being the same, only with the computer skills to make a real go of it!

Anyhow, RH, if you're still out there, any chance of your playing the ball, instead of the man?

To refresh your memory, you were the person who claimed POAS to be the "most misogynist song ever written" and hated by Sandie Shaw. Whereas, my listing the lyrics indicates it at worst to be mildly sexist (though not especially so by the standards of the time) and provoking mixed feelings in Shaw, such that she has since re-recorded it.

And whilst you're on the subject, care to tell me how POAS is worse than either of the two examples I quoted. Or half the country songs ever written?

And also whether Coulter even wrote the lyrics?

And whether any of the 252 cover versions were sung by a man? (I can't open Mick's link). If they have, then it can hardly be misogynist and if they haven't, there are presumably 250-odd female singers who are happy enough to be misogynists.

No hurry, btw, in case you're too busy dispensing the contents of your own anus elsewhere... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

doire na raithe

Did anyone just see that? I was expecting something good but that was absolutely amazing. Definately the funniest thing iv'e seen on Irish television in a long time. Dustin totally turning the Irish aspect of the competition on its head and with a complete piss-take.

I didn't catch the numbers to vote? does anyone know them? I think he deserves all our support. From a competitive point of view, the way the eurovision is nowadays its probably the only sort of offering that would have any chance of actually winning.

pintsofguinness

Ah f**k sake, did I miss Dustin?!

I really hope he gets it!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

This is hilarious - the whole show is a farce but brilliant.

Louis - 'She's not a man' .....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shamrock Shore

Dustin wins!

Now for the great Euro irony test  ::)

pintsofguinness

LaurelEye

QuoteNow for the great Euro irony test   ::)

Well, it's promising that the Serbian one seemed to get the joke - unlike Louis Walsh and Dana.

QuoteDana's face :D

Like a bulldog licking p*ss off a nettle. Hope no-one had any milk in front of the television.

Thought it was bad form for some of the audience to continue to boo Dustin after he'd won. But maybe that's because I'm from a place where we've had plenty of practice in having to take a beating.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

pintsofguinness

I thought Walsh seemed ok about it.

Wtf where people booing at?  Where any of those people there tonight going to do any better than Dustin?!  I would doubt it.

Was Dana trying to be ironic when she said it was a "foul decision"  :D

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered