Dustin set for Eurovision

Started by Tyronelass, January 29, 2008, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Sorry to yank Dustin's Euro-glory neck here but apparently the Eurocrats are investigating whether to put a hold on his entry because only humans can enter this competition to unite all sections of our peoples (in song).

There may be trouble ahead - and Dusty still has to get through the semi-finals too, don't forget.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Star Spangler

The Eurovision is a joke so Dustin is perfect for it.  Anyhow, our real songwriting talent are too busy winning Oscars to be bothered with the Eurovision.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 25, 2008, 09:50:19 AM
Sorry to yank Dustin's Euro-glory neck here but apparently the Eurocrats are investigating whether to put a hold on his entry because only humans can enter this competition to unite all sections of our peoples (in song).

There may be trouble ahead - and Dusty still has to get through the semi-finals too, don't forget.

Sure didn't Mr. Blobby enter for the UK back in the 90s?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

AZOffaly

No, the original Mr. Blobby. The pink lad with the yellow spots. The song was something ridiculous like 'Blobby Blobby Blobby'.

Pure muck altogether.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

'Pink lad with the yellow spots' sounds like a Darren Graham story again.

I can't mind yer blob in the Euro. Sure it is muck but isn't that the point of us being in it.

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2008, 10:32:24 AM
No, the original Mr. Blobby. The pink lad with the yellow spots. The song was something ridiculous like 'Blobby Blobby Blobby'.

Pure muck altogether.

No, that was just a single. Wasn't for Eurovision.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Dustin the turkey dished by Dana

Eurovision winner Dana has called for Ireland to pull out of the international song contest.

Her call followed the news that puppet Dustin the Turkey will be representing Ireland in the competition.

Dana's career began when she won the 1970 Eurovision with "All Kinds of Everything", but she thinks the contest is in danger of imploding.

"I just think it's making a mockery of the contest and if we think it's such a big joke then let's get out of it".

She added: "Certainly don't put a turkey in a trolley up against singers who are desperately trying to make a way in their career."

Dustin has been a star of RTE's The Den since 1990, and it's hoped his performance of "Irelande Douze Pointe" will ruffle some feathers across the continent.

The turkey certainly has some fans, including RTE's deputy commissioning editor, Julian Vignoles. He thinks the public just wanted something different this year.

"The contest has changed over the years, it's moved with the times, televoting has brought it to a different level.

"Something that makes an impact on the stage is as likely to win as a well-crafted song".

But it's the prospect of Dustin's success that Dana is worried by.

"The problem is they love puppets in Europe. If, God forbid he wins, we'll probably have more puppets than people in next year's Eurovision," she said.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7262604.stm

Up her own arse that one!
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quotetelevoting has brought it to a different level.

He doesn't say whether it's up a level, or down a level. :D

I love this line from Dana, it's kind of surreal ...
Quote"The problem is they love puppets in Europe.

Gnevin

Here's hoping he wears his Dublin Jersey while sing at the Eurovision
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

I know they're going for tacky Gnevin, but that's going over board.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

I loved whan Dustin was asked on Morning Ireland how he felt about Dana's comments - he replied 'meself and Dana have a lot in common; after all we both ran for the presidency as a joke'.  :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 26, 2008, 10:07:48 AM
I loved whan Dustin was asked on Morning Ireland how he felt about Dana's comments - he replied 'meself and Dana have a lot in common; after all we both ran for the presidency as a joke'.  :D

:D  :D  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Dustin is back on the main page of BBC News, as part of this week's 'Weird News'  :D
Testing Accessibility