Best internet booky

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, December 29, 2007, 09:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 15, 2008, 03:32:46 PM
Have an account with PP but getting sick of them. Their golf odds are crap for starters

Lone Shark as regards the NFL do ladbrokes allow doubles on 1st TD scorers?
PP dont for some reason

Resolved now. Within an hour that'll be sorted and it will be allowed. No idea why it was the case initially.

As regards PP's money back stuff, obviously I'd be some miserable hoor to give out about something for nothing, but I will say this - they are chosen so as to get maximum media coverage for minimal payout, and usually are long term bets which a lot of people don't have the patience for. When it comes to the live soccer matches etc., your refund will always be on markets like correct score, first goalscorer or other such markets where they have around 30% margin or more written into the prices. Not for years have they refunded a bet on a team to win the match.

Obviously this is coming fom a point of view of a company that does not engage in these things at all, so I'm not trying to claim the high moral ground here, but instead point out to punters that it is rare that such offers give you real value. It shouldn't really be a factor in your decision making process in terms of who to bet with, I'd still recommend price and price alone be the criterion.

full back

I have no allegiance to any company but this is a f**king joke
At least Dick Turpin wore a f**king mask

These were the prices from PP for the 2007 All-Stars

Half-backs

1/200    Tomas O'Se

4/11      Aidan O'Mahony

4/7        Killian Young

5/6        Barry Cahill

5/1        Caoimhin King

11/2      Michael McNamara

7/1        Noel O'Leary

20/1      Damien Freeman

20/1      Gary McQuaid

Midfield

2/9        Ciaran Whelan

4/9        Darragh O'Se

4/9        Nicholas Murphy

8/1        Sean Cavanagh

33/1      Fergal Doherty

50/1      Paddy Keenan

Full-forwards

1/950    Colm Cooper

1/6        Thomas Freeman

4/7        Donncha O'Connor

4/5        Paddy Bradley

5/2        Kieran Donaghy

14/1      James Masters

20/1      Graham Geraghty

33/1      Mark Vaughan

66/1      Michael Cussen

How in the honour of Christ can you have more odds on shots than positions available is beyond
PP = great craic ::)

Don

Well,  When a bookie thinks a 2 way outcome is has a 50 50 chance of happening they go 5/6 and 5/6. 2 odds on prices and only one winner.
Maybe beyond you though as you said yourself.  :-*

full back

Quote from: Don on January 17, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Well,  When a bookie thinks a 2 way outcome is has a 50 50 chance of happening they go 5/6 and 5/6. 2 odds on prices and only one winner.
Maybe beyond you though as you said yourself.  :-*

Thanks for working that out don ::)
Two 5/6 shots are indeed odds on & it is a 108% book (but you probably knew that) which is fair enough. If you  know enough work out the % for the All Star odds &  post them. You will see the punters are being made out to be mugs.
I will do it if you are having problems ;)

Lecale2

Is the Ladbrokes web site down tonight? I can't get into it at all. I can get every other fecking bookie but Ladbrokes have a fecking money!

Hardy

I've just logged in and out - no problem.

Lecale2

Feck that! I'll take Aristotle Flynn's advice and hold on to my money.  >:(

Don

I see today in the Racing Post today that Ladbrokes are not paying out on trappatoni as the next rish manager ?????

explain that one, he had a press conference, waving an irish scarf above his head etc.... are they hoping he will die before the first match so they wont have to pay ? ;D