Best internet booky

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, December 29, 2007, 09:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

This is the crowd that are opening in Hatch St next week.  See where they give free seminars on how to bet as I mentioned above.  They give free wine with each seminar and us eejits trying to organise a gadderin in some old pub.  Why don't we all book a seminar? The nearest pub is the Bleeding Horse or Copper Face Jacks and we could rotate as each seminar takes an hour and we could all learn how to loose money through drinking and gambling on the one day.

http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

full back

Quote from: King of Kilskerry on January 14, 2008, 08:49:14 PM
I dont know, I work in the media and in the last week Paddy Power paid out on Obama winning the democratic vote, said it was a done deal at 4/8, 24 hours later after he lost a primary Clinton was odds on i think. Today they paid out on real Madrid winning the spanish league and they are only a few pts clear.... and to top it all they had a money back special on the newcastle game at the weekend ' if martins scores at any stage they refund all bets etc....' Martins didnt even make the bench and they still refunded all losing bets !!!!!! Foolish or a bit of craic i dont know.

Publicity trick
In all honesty how much money would there be on the Us elections on a single
AFAIK, these rules dont apply in doubles, trebles etc
If there was serious money on a particular outcome there is no f**king chance they would be paying out early

AZOffaly

LoneShark, I dunno if you are reading this or not. I'm on Ladbrokes.ie trying to put a Lucky15 on the Provincial football (senior) champions for this year. In my selection box it says 'There are no valid multiples for those selections'. Is there anyway of doing this online?

Bogball XV

AZ, i think you'll have to ring it in, they'll accept your online username etc for the account over the phone.

AZOffaly

Ring it in for a €15 stake? I'd be embarrassed :D

Lecale2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 11:22:24 AM
LoneShark, I dunno if you are reading this or not. I'm on Ladbrokes.ie trying to put a Lucky15 on the Provincial football (senior) champions for this year. In my selection box it says 'There are no valid multiples for those selections'. Is there anyway of doing this online?
Who are you backing?

AZOffaly

I can't tell you that. The odds would come tumbling down :D

I'm thinking

Mayo because I think they will rebound this year in a fairly poor province, Cork because Kerry will be totally focussed on 3 in a row, and Cork will be highly charged when they play them, Derry as my decent outside bet (9/2) and Dublin because on form they are a long way ahead of Leinster. However the Dubs could be also in danger of looking at September rather than July, so Meath might be a good bet at 11/2

Bogball XV

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
Ring it in for a €15 stake? I'd be embarrassed :D
you can do it in a shop too - i don't like ringing in myself, it's normally too much hassle - staff not really knowing where to find the odds on the first goalscorer in the Offaly county final etc.....

AZOffaly

I think the nearest Ladbrokes shop to me is in Limerick city. I won't be in town for a while.

LS - Any particular reason why multiples like this are a problem? The 'craicsters' seem to do it? Is it an issue with the website itself?

Lone Shark

We had this poblem last year as well - people set them up as if they were connected markets.

I'll get it sorted now and get back to you - thanks for letting me know.

AZOffaly

Cheers LS. You are now the proud owner of €15 of my hard earned cash :D

Although it is mitigated by the fact that I threw a tenner on a lad running in Southwell at 3 o'clock, while I was waiting for yer options to change. While I was watching he went 10s, 8s, 7s, 13/2. Won by about 15 lengths. So I'm €50 up :D

Won't last though.

AZOffaly

By the way, did you cut Mayo and Dublin? I was sure they were 11/10 and evens. Now they are evens and 10/11 respectively. I'm sure you don't value my opinion that much :D

Rossie11

Have an account with PP but getting sick of them. Their golf odds are crap for starters

Lone Shark as regards the NFL do ladbrokes allow doubles on 1st TD scorers?
PP dont for some reason

Lone Shark

Yup, that huge potential liability forced me to take action....  :P

Nah, I was just surveying the lie of the land this morning after all that's happened in the two weeks while I was gone. Dublin look to have reasonable strength in depth, while Roscommon have gone God-awful altogether, hence those two price changes.

Good work on the horse - I'd be cheering ye all on with ye're horse betting, seeing as that's more money for everyone to spend on GAA betting!! I don't get any bonuses for big racing profits!

Rossie, for some reason we don't appear to allow multiples on first touchdown scorers either. I have no idea why, but I'll ask the question and get back to you. Chances are you'd be allowed over the phone, but even so it's handier have it set up online. Bear with me and I'll get it sorted....

Owenmoresider

Quote from: King of Kilskerry on January 14, 2008, 08:49:14 PM

I dont know, I work in the media and in the last week Paddy Power paid out on Obama winning the democratic vote, said it was a done deal at 4/8, 24 hours later after he lost a primary Clinton was odds on i think. Today they paid out on real Madrid winning the spanish league and they are only a few pts clear.... and to top it all they had a money back special on the newcastle game at the weekend ' if martins scores at any stage they refund all bets etc....' Martins didnt even make the bench and they still refunded all losing bets !!!!!! Foolish or a bit of craic i dont know.

That's what annoys me about PP, all the publicity-seeking 'sure aren't we great' acts, they paid out on Bertie on the morning of the election count too, which could have backfired. Hopefully some of them will, but as said above, they aren't probably losing a whole lot if it does.