Best Comedy Series/Programme

Started by 5 Sams, November 16, 2007, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nashville

J70 are you actually being serious?

"I cannot stand Will Ferrell! He sometimes good in small doses, such as his cameo in Starsky & Hutch, but any movies I've seen where he has been the star have been appalling. Have there been worse comedies in recent years than that Ricky Bobby/Talladega Nights thing or Anchorman?

On the other hand, I love Jim Carrey (he's the middle one in my avatar for the eagle-eyed!)."

You obviously were not eagle-eyed enough to notice that the man sitting to Jim Carrey's left in your avatar is Will Ferrell! For someone who "cannot stand" him, thats a bit strange...

By the way, that is a clip from the Saturday Night Live sketch that Will and Chris Kattan did with Jim Carrey, re-enacting their GREAT film A Night at the Roxbury..

I agree that nowadays Will's big lead roles aren't that good, but his older films/cameos are class!

Gabriel_Hurl

I've just gone through 2 seasons of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"

I've never thought a show with Danny DeVito could be funny - but by god I've been proved wrong

5 Sams

Classic episode of Only Fools anois Sky ch 110....The Jolly Boys Outing :D
The Aristocrat Years

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

gallsman

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 30, 2011, 10:40:57 PM

IS that the one with the "ear infection"?!  :D

laceer

Just finished watching entourage. Funny show. The 8th and final series starts in July

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laceer on April 30, 2011, 11:36:56 PM
Just finished watching entourage. Funny show. The 8th and final series starts in July
There is talk of a film afterwards but based on the past few series I don't know if there would be much interest in it.

5 Sams

Quote from: gallsman on April 30, 2011, 10:53:04 PM

That's the one Gallsman...the disease ;D :D \FAF
The Aristocrat Years

onefaircounty

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 01, 2011, 12:30:05 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 30, 2011, 10:53:04 PM

That's the one Gallsman...the disease ;D :D \FAF

Ruud Guillit everytime!

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 16, 2007, 09:50:48 PM
I watch a lot of comedy and would be a fan of most of it but I've never found anything that even comes close to Frasier. 
Most of the comedy in it is very subtle and very clever, there aint many cheap laughs. 
A lot of comedy shows go for exaggeration of reality, Frasier doesn't, it's unique.
I do think to get the full affect of it you need be very familiar with the workings of the characters.  It takes a very special show to last 11 years. Can you imagine 11 years of the office?

Also I can't think of any actor in any comedy series that come close to the standard of David Hyde Pierce or Kesley Grammar.
(David Jason is the only one that would have any sort of an argument.) 

Everyone can come round to my house when I get Season 10 delivered from the US and we can watch it from series 1 right through.

Pints.
the entire box set is available on DVD for £50 in HMV Rushmere if that is of any interest to you.
In my opinion the last series is not one of the strongest but its still great.

5 Sams

On Sky 110 anois. The one where Rodney meets the posh bird. Never laughed as much in my life when Del boy turns up at the opera.
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 23, 2011, 10:13:55 PM
On Sky 110 anois. The one where Rodney meets the posh bird. Never laughed as much in my life when Del boy turns up at the opera.

A classic episode, but then again a lot of them are. Very close to the perfect sitcom.
Testing Accessibility

Mayo4Sam

Can't believe there's no mention of inbetweeners, absolutely laugh out loud comedy
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bogball XV

Just watched an episode of 'the thin blue line' last night as I decided to give it another chance after having a look through this thread recently and being surprised at how many people rated it.

My opinion hasn't changed in the years since I first decided it was crap, what do people see in it?

Mayo4Sam

I have no idea, it's awful shite, the gay lad would do your nut.

Started watching Gavin and Stacey, excellent show
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me