Rally Ireland

Started by Hereiam, November 10, 2007, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Well only five days to go till Ireland hosts one of its biggests events ever. I can't wait for this as i have been a wrc fan for a long time. Hope everything goes to plan with this event as it surly will show the world viewers what the Irsih people can do. Any of the you other board members going to any of the stages.

oakleafgael

I dont really have much choice but to watch it as they are driving past the front door. Not really my kind of thing but I can appreciate the significance of it. The skies have been filled with helicopters all week who have been out scouting the stage. The stage coordinator called into the house tonight and according to him they are expecting crowds of 20k plus in the area on Saturday.

gerry

Booked the weekend of on holidays. Hope to catch a few stages.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

turk

yes, i will go to the friday stages, sure it should be a bit of crack!

ExiledGael

Presuming there will be a lot of roads closed etc, anyone know exactly where. Have to travel from Cavan to Derry that day around three, assuming it will be a nightmare

gerry

QuotePresuming there will be a lot of roads closed etc, anyone know exactly where. Have to travel from Cavan to Derry that day around three, assuming it will be a nightmare

Should be ok, Stages near Tempo and Ballinmanard so will be a few cars around Enniskillen.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Owenmoresider

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 11, 2007, 05:34:41 PM
Rallying in Ireland was great craic, but the Twin Cam Brigade have destroyed it for the genuine fans. Sadly they will be out in force next weekend and because of that so will the Gardai.
Indeed, mind you there's plenty of the f**kers around here, rally or no rally. Can hear them doing their thing on the lower main roads, and the tyre marks on the road tell their own story.

That said, it's great that such an event is within a short journey, and I'll probably take a look at one or two of the stages here.

raisins

What a brilliant event it will be! I've driven the Mullaghmore stages with Garteh McHale (without wetting myself!) and I met Marcus Gronholm at the Galway International. Such gentlemen - no problems getting autographs etc. Let's pray that everyone stays safe.

Hank Everlast

booked friday off myself, was looking over the stages this morning and reckon 2 stages wud be the max that u cud possibly get to in a day! the crowds will be massive.
I think Leob will win it and i can see Meeke slipping into a top 8 position!!

The Subbie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 11, 2007, 11:39:09 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 11, 2007, 05:34:41 PM
Rallying in Ireland was great craic, but the Twin Cam Brigade have destroyed it for the genuine fans. Sadly they will be out in force next weekend and because of that so will the Gardai.
Indeed, mind you there's plenty of the f**kers around here, rally or no rally. Can hear them doing their thing on the lower main roads, and the tyre marks on the road tell their own story.

That said, it's great that such an event is within a short journey, and I'll probably take a look at one or two of the stages here.

Aye will prob go to a stage or two and hope to avoid the sabaru jacket wearing , honda civic/opel corsa/micra / bumble bee in a fanta can driving mob. Hopefully everyone keeps her between the ditches this weekend , FLAT OUT HI !!!

Hank Everlast

Well anybody headn to the friday stages???

Gnevin

As admitted by lads on the board we see this on our roads everyday of the week
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

stpauls

heading to the saturday and sunday stages myself, i can't wait.
it has been a long time coming and it is a proud moment in the history of rallying on this island!!!

Hereiam

What a bloody sham that opening cermony turned out to be. Who ever organised that should be ashamed. I had more firework going off at Halloween. Can anyone care to explain what the hell the theme was. I hope the rest of the rally gets better than that poor show

Hereiam

Looks like Michael Stone has struck again..... reports that he is swinging of RTE's broadcast van.... the transmission has been lost.