Rally Ireland

Started by Hereiam, November 10, 2007, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

seems like it but he has now been released from the hospital!

gerry

Chris Meeke is out -  engine trouble!!

Heard he went 10 feet down a ditch and the spectators lifted him back unto the road. Could be overtime for the stage and out.

Hard to tell.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gerry on November 16, 2007, 02:17:38 PM
must have being a big off.

Seen the crash. Didn't look that bad actually. Just slid sideways into a wall trying to take a sharp corner.

gerry

Thats the second time in two rallies he done that. Doubt its championship over for him unless Leob retires again.

Candyman

Yeah gerry thats true about Meeke, finished 15th in stage 8 there!! seems the conditions are catching out all the top drivers....

stpauls

has Leob crashed too!! i am watching the stage times on rallyireland.org and he hasn't finished stage 10 yet?

edit: crap!! spoke to soon, he just finished and set a fastest time too!!

gerry

Yeah gerry thats true about Meeke, finished 15th in stage 8 there!!

He's running 36th. 47 minutes behind Leob. Its a pity him and Eugene Donnelly not battling it with the top boys.

fearglasmor

Rally me arse.

We have enough gobshites thinking they're driving racing racing cars around public roads without the governemnt fecking making it legal to encourage even more of the pricks and keep decent people imprisoned in their own homes while they do it and force them to take their own holidays because they can't get to work.
It's another national capitalist disgrace.
How many lives will be lost to fools going out and trying to repeat what they witness over the next few days.
But sure isn't it bringing millions of euro's into the country and isn't great prestige,  won't they all think we're a great little nation altogether to be able to organise it.

Rally me feckin arse.

Hardy

That's what I wanted to say.

Pangurban

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

Rally me arse.

Suppose you think the same of F1.  It does not take a WRC for boy racers to crash a car at the weekend.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 16, 2007, 07:43:29 PM
Rally me arse.

We have enough gobshites thinking they're driving racing racing cars around public roads without the governemnt fecking making it legal to encourage even more of the pricks How many lives will be lost to fools going out and trying to repeat what they witness over the next few days.

Rally me feckin arse.
Suit yourself.

The way you are talking you would swear there was never a rally held in this country before, albeit obviously not of this level, but that's beside the point. The gobshites were around before now and they won't go away anytime soon, rally or no rally. Haven't come across many of them (certainly not in boy racer mode at least) yet, but perhaps we are slightly out of the way in relation of the rally's stages. It really will not make a difference IMO.

and keep decent people imprisoned in their own homes while they do it and force them to take their own holidays because they can't get to work.
Well if you looked at where the stages were being held, three of the five on today were up on mountain roads, in Geevagh (Glenkillaney to be precise), Arigna (mining country), and in the hills between Ballinaglera and Ballinamore, none of them being particularly populous roads, so that doesn't stand up for those stages. The other three perhaps it would, certainly more so in the case of the Lough Gill stage (where Gronholm had his crash). The two in Glenboy/Glenfarne and Aghacashel were small enough roads too, but there were doubtless some affected. But by lunchtime that one, along with the Geevagh/Arigna runs, was done and dusted, and the Laythrum stages took over then. Roads were closed three hours in advance. Twas only one day anyway.

But sure isn't it bringing millions of euro's into the country and isn't great prestige,  won't they all think we're a great little nation altogether to be able to organise it.
Because we can organise f**k-all else. Apart from generous salary increases perhaps. But say what you like, it's good for our part of the country, because we do get little enough in our direction, and the fact that I can go and see one of world motorsport's biggest events taking place a half-hour or so away, and for no charge, is a good thing IMO. Rather that than a Champions League final at Croke Park anyday.

fearglasmor

I live in "the mining country" as you call it. A couple of years ago I was locked into my house when there was a stage of some effin rally routed down our road. This time I am not directly affected but I know a number of people who are so don't lecture me on the locations.

I have no problem with any kind of motor sport that takes place in controlled locations  i.e. on tracks.
I have a very strong objection to public roads being given up for this crap.

Obviously crap is just my opinion since I have no interest in motor sport anyway.

gerry

Out since 6am watching two stages. Pity no one to push Leob.