Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo 4 eva

I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.
The Question is..... What is the Question?

Sheedy

thought that was fight of the day so far. brilliant stuff by conlan to fight back after losing the 1st round. at times it got a bit messy but conlan showed he is a class fighter.

laceer

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

Saw Barnes saying that myself. Conlon did well to come back after the first. Fitzpatrick looked flat

laoislad

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

It's a good compromise though I thought. I actually wondered what anthem they would play. I was expecting GSTQ.
Why can't the N.I soccer team use Danny Boy also?
Joe McDonagh 2026 🏆

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on August 02, 2014, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

It's a good compromise though I thought. I actually wondered what anthem they would play. I was expecting GSTQ.
Why can't the N.I soccer team use Danny Boy also?

That piece of Victorian music hall rubbish has been used for as long as I can remember at the Empire Games.  It's the Loyalist fleg I would have problems with.

Walsh did very well but I thought Adams just, just shaded it.  Great stuff from her in the interview though, you could almost feel Inverdale cringing.  The BBC commentary was a one-eyed disgrace.  Did anyone hear Conor McNamara on 5Live during the Barnes medal presentation?  Boke!

Barnes and Conlan bought fought well but Fitzpatrick went out with a bit of a whimper against Flynn (who I thought was beaten last night by the Welsh guy).

AQMP

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

Tweet from Barnes:

"So I said that's not my anthem, so who cares, it's not, NI hasn't got one, educate yourselves, football is GSTQ so make your minds up!"

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE

michaelg

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE
Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

beer baron

Quote from: michaelg on August 03, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE
Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

I'd agree with you Michael. I'm sure he had a good idea what would be played and was just playing for the cameras,this kind of thing seems to be great for any public figure in anyway associated with Ireland to gain a few supporters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on August 03, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE
Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

Paddy is such a classy guy......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

rossiewanderer

The Belfast boys are class acts.I can see Barnes going stateside for a bash at the pros.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 03, 2014, 11:23:12 PM
The Belfast boys are class acts.I can see Barnes going stateside for a bash at the pros.

Well he better hurry up, he's 27 now and to get a up to professional standard will take a couple of years don't you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

Syferus

Walsh gave the Olympic gold medallist a right rattle in the flyweight final. Split decision that could have gone either way. Not that the commentators would have you thinking something like that - totally in the tank for the English boxer.

For a 20 year-old to do that well she surely has Olympic gold potential.

imtommygunn

How did the ballymena guy donnelly do in the end? Missed if or when he was beat.

rossiewanderer

I taught Donnelly was very flat especially for an Irish Champion.He started well but seemed very leaden footed and slow.He was beaten by a classy operater in fairness.

Its along time til Rio for Barnes and he will not be guareenteed a medal by a long way.I thing he will follow Quigley 27 is not that old in the Pro ranks