Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I never saw the outlaw Josie Wales. I have seen most of the modern westerns but when I was a kid I was only into the westerns when they were fighting the injuns.

I like Open Range as well and Seraphim Falls and 3.10 to Yuma. Cold Mountain is something of a western as well if not more of a civil war movie. There is a great civil war battle scene near the start.

Atticus_Finch

Cheers lads for the heads up.  Have the day off tomorrow and for some reason have just taken the notion to watch a few westerns. I'll give Open range a watch.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Radda bout yeee

Men of Honour on sky now - UNREAL SHOW!!!!

gallsman

Captain America is worse than you could ever imagine. A new low for superhero films.

Capt Pat

Captain America was goid enough I thoughy. Better than a lot of other super hero movies.

ziggysego

Watched Hall Pass tonight. Good auld craic. If you're looking for cheap laughs, then this is the film for you.

Owen Wilson seems to have aged something awful in this film though.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Watched Fair Game. Dragged a bit despite being an interesting story. 6/10.

Canalman

Watched Kingpin again last night. A class comedy.

Also watched Something about Mary at the weekend, the police interrogation scene must be one of the funniest and well acted around.

AbbeySider

White Men Cant Jump was on TV on Friday night.... great movie!

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on August 02, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Also watched Something about Mary at the weekend, the police interrogation scene must be one of the funniest and well acted around.

Remember seeing Kingpin in the cinema, loved it.  To this day there has not been many hotter women in films than Vanessa Angel was when in Kingpin, especially in that white dress.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BerfArmagh

I watched without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen last week - 'The Happening'... shocking acting, script & direction

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 02, 2011, 12:50:52 PM
I watched without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen last week - 'The Happening'... shocking acting, script & direction

+1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Watched the Adjustment Bureau last night. WAs enjoyable enough until the end - but as with many movies the trailer makes it look much better than it actually is.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2011, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Canalman on August 02, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Remember seeing Kingpin in the cinema, loved it.  To this day there has not been many hotter women in films than Vanessa Angel was when in Kingpin, especially in that white dress.
I'd say they had to clean up more than spilled popcorn when you left the cinema!

Radda bout yeee

Watched Horrible Bosses there recently - Very average! Tempted to leave half way through but stuck it out!