Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Nakata

Well done Meath. Deserved win.

After trawling through the thread, not much if any comment on the ref. I have only one word for him. ****. He gave Tyrone nothing all day. No 50-50s, bottled sending off Gardner twice and gave Gerragty a gimme on the 21 yard line which definitely wasn't a free. Missed all the 3rd man stuff on Cavanagh as well.
Ricey was not only roasted, he gave away 2 points to boot. A fumble in the first half and mis-placed handpass in the second. He's been having bad days at the office since '05. After watching the full 70 on tape, it was the 14th minute when he looked in serious trouble. MH should have done the needfull. Easy with hindsight of course. We looked even worse second time around.
Hub was shocking. MH is loyal to a man, but midfield is where our biggest problem lies. I think Justy needs to be tried there next year, at least for the McKenna and NFL, then take it from there.
This defeat has left me distressed but an Anglo-Celt is a decent return for a couple of patches of good football. Realistically, how good where we against Donegal. When they collapsed we turned it on, but 10 minute spells here and there isn't good enough. Will we ever reach the fantasy stuff of '05 again?. I am sceptical, but sincerely hope so.

Fear ón Srath Bán

All doubts and reservations expressed on this board about the referee during the week were very well justified, a very poor display. Not material to the result.

Poor display from Kevin Hub; still trying to get my head around the fact that on his most recent appearance in Croke before yesterday (AI Final 2003?) he was actually man of the match. Has never scaled those heights since his sabbatical in Oz, and the hard fact is that he may never do so again. Ricey a shadow too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 05, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Well done Meath. Deserved win.

After trawling through the thread, not much if any comment on the ref. I have only one word for him. ****. He gave Tyrone nothing all day. No 50-50s, bottled sending off Gardner twice and gave Gerragty a gimme on the 21 yard line which definitely wasn't a free. Missed all the 3rd man stuff on Cavanagh as well.
Ricey was not only roasted, he gave away 2 points to boot. A fumble in the first half and mis-placed handpass in the second. He's been having bad days at the office since '05. After watching the full 70 on tape, it was the 14th minute when he looked in serious trouble. MH should have done the needfull. Easy with hindsight of course. We looked even worse second time around.
Hub was shocking. MH is loyal to a man, but midfield is where our biggest problem lies. I think Justy needs to be tried there next year, at least for the McKenna and NFL, then take it from there.
This defeat has left me distressed but an Anglo-Celt is a decent return for a couple of patches of good football. Realistically, how good where we against Donegal. When they collapsed we turned it on, but 10 minute spells here and there isn't good enough. Will we ever reach the fantasy stuff of '05 again?. I am sceptical, but sincerely hope so.

???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mr. Nakata

Apologies jinxy, Byrne was the culprit I'm referring to.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteNever one to kick a dog when he's down but, Kerry 2-09 Tyrone 1-08 in the minors today caps off a miserable weekend for Tyrone   

Thanks for that, was totally oblivious to that reality. Muineachán abú!

In fact,according to Aertel, Tyrone are so bad they didnt even turn up, we had a game of backs v forwards instead  :D :D :D

Jinxy

Obviously, the only team that can beat Kerry this year...................... is Kerry.

Mike Sheehy

Nice picture. Glad he looks sickened, the little bollix deserves it for all the shite talking he does.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Would you say that to his face, or are you only brave from behind your keyboard?

Jinxy

Just in case anyone gets the impression from that picture that GG was waving his fist at Ricey, he wasn't.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I know that, he was gesticulating to the hill, and in fairness he didn't rub it in anyone's face.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWould you say that to his face,

No, I'd whisper it in his ear while tugging his shirt

Quoteor are you only brave from behind your keyboard?

pot, kettle

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'll meet you face-to-face anytime, just let me know when you're a bit closer than 3000+ miles away.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI'll meet you face-to-face anytime, just let me know when you're a bit closer than 3000+ miles away.

Jesus, you are some numpty. Getting dumped out of the Senior and Minor championship has really pushed you over the edge hasn't it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Like I said, real brave individual from behind your keyboard. How pathetic -- spewing venom on amateurs from such a distance. A societal misfit no doubt, who only feels empowered behind a computer.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteLike I said, real brave individual from behind your keyboard. How pathetic -- spewing venom on amateurs from such a distance. A societal misfit no doubt, who only feels empowered behind a computer

You are issuing empty threats on an internet forum at half ten at night and you are calling me a societal misfit ?

get a life.