Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I personally think Graham Poll has a point but then again I would, wouldn't I?

Was disgusted to see the gimps there yesterday. Security must be better around Wembley than in Manchester. I just was thinking during the game - how would you feel sitting at a game where thousands of people were wearing scarves in protest against you, singing about killing/cutting up your father etc? Is money that important that you'd put up with that naked hatred? I guess for some people it is. The success in their ownership period is despite them and nothing short of miraculous.

EC Unique

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 01, 2010, 01:23:55 PM
I personally think Graham Poll has a point but then again I would, wouldn't I?

Was disgusted to see the gimps there yesterday. Security must be better around Wembley than in Manchester. I just was thinking during the game - how would you feel sitting at a game where thousands of people were wearing scarves in protest against you, singing about killing/cutting up your father etc? Is money that important that you'd put up with that naked hatred? I guess for some people it is. The success in their ownership period is despite them and nothing short of miraculous.

Imagne the squad we would have now if decent ownership was in place!

Horrible leaches >:(

Celt_Man

Quote from: Boycey on March 01, 2010, 03:13:51 PM
And how many games has Scholes pulled out of the fire over the last decade or so in the the manner of Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs or David Beckham? Not many.

Not sure if I would put Beckham in the same sentence as those others from pulling games out of the fire...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

Quote from: full back on March 01, 2010, 09:55:04 AM

Valencia is starting to prove his worth as well & Rooney keeps his goalscoring streak going.

BTW, from the discussion on the Chelsea thread regarding Berba.
He is still sh1t

Valencia is just starting to prove his worth? more like he's been one of united's star players this Season, hopefully he can prove his worth over many seasons now.

As for Berba, i can understand why some united fan's Willl NEVER take to him with his lazy sytle & huge price tag

but you can't say he hasn't improved over the last few weeks? Berba is not a out & out Striker that will score 30 goals a Season, he's more of a link up man, the best example i can give is yesterday, where he more or less created 7 chances
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on March 01, 2010, 03:38:37 PM

Valencia is starting to prove his worth as well & Rooney keeps his goalscoring streak going.

He is still sh1t

Valencia is just starting to prove his worth? more like he's been one of united's star players this Season, hopefully he can prove his worth over many seasons now.

As for Berba, i can understand why some united fan's Willl NEVER take to him with his lazy sytle & huge price tag

but you can't say he hasn't improved over the last few weeks? Berba is not a out & out Striker that will score 30 goals a Season, he's more of a link up man, the best example i can give is yesterday, where he more or less created 7 chances

In fairness I think it's just the in thing to slate Berba no matter if he is playing well (like yesterday) or not...

Valenica has had a very good season so far with United his delivery into the box for the last couple of weeks or so has been first rate with the number of goals going in via Rooney head being no coincidence
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

Good man Boycey.  Saw the article in the NOTW yesterday and have it at the house to read, you have saved me the bother. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on March 01, 2010, 12:50:27 PM
Graham Poll has sorted out the whole Vidic non-sending off for us

"There was a technicality that allowed him to keep Vidic on and he used it.

"The player must be heading towards goal, it's a stupid technicality, but he (Agbonlahor) loses control of the ball and it goes behind him and at the moment he goes down he is heading six or seven yards wide of goal."

Brilliant!!!

Well i would like to hear what is Phil Dowd Reason's no for Card? but it's a good point by poll

Strange how thing's work out....

Couple of weeks ago Nani got sent off when IMO should have been a yellow & it cost united a Vital 2 points

& yesterday Vidic didn't get sent off which allowed united to have to 11 men & win

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

full back

He is still sh1t

Berba had a decent game yesterday, nothing more nothing less.
In order to justify his £30 million price tag he would need to have a few performances which are a damn sight better than decent.

Valencia before Xmas is a different player than he is now.
A season is longer than a month or 2

mountainboii

Poor Berbatov seems to haved earned himself a reputation for putting in lazy, below par performances. It's gotten to the extend that he almost has to have a multiple goal scoring, man of the match display for some people to give him any credit.

ross4life

Quote from: full back on March 01, 2010, 04:01:41 PM

He is still sh1t

Berba had a decent game yesterday, nothing more nothing less.
In order to justify his £30 million price tag he would need to have a few performances which are a damn sight better than decent.

Valencia before Xmas is a different player than he is now.
A season is longer than a month or 2

Strange all Valencia goals were scored before xmas then? but since then his delivery has helped Rooney score most of these headed goals

33 games 7 goals & 10 ASSISTS from Valencia! not many wingers in premiership with better stats than that this season?

& quiet clearly your Opinion on berba will never change, but having you even say he was Decent get's a big  :o

Minder

Quote from: AFS on March 01, 2010, 04:19:26 PM
Poor Berbatov seems to haved earned himself a reputation for putting in lazy, below par performances. It's gotten to the extend that he almost has to have a multiple goal scoring, man of the match display for some people to give him any credit.

Ross4Life has hacked into AFS's account, someone inform the Mods.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2010, 04:27:11 PM

Ohh s*it

ross4life

Bidding group in talks on offer for manchester utd

*bidding group in talks on offer for manchester utd, sky says
*manchester utd bidding group includes goldman sachs, sky says

good news if the glazers sell

ross4life

ahh well Glazers said club is not for sale!

mountainboii

Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2010, 04:27:11 PM

Ross you bollix!  >:(