Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on February 28, 2010, 05:57:56 PM
And to think some asked why did he sign for United?

To try and get in the England World Cup squad I imagine.

ross4life

Quote from: J70 on February 28, 2010, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 28, 2010, 05:05:39 PM
First team to retain the Carling Cup since Nottingham Forest in 1980
First Time United Retained a cup

& in the terms of trophies united are now level with Liverpool As England's most successful club

I do distinctly remember Liverpool winning four league cups in a row from 1981-1984. 1990?

well spotted a mistype by me!

now fixed
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 28, 2010, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 28, 2010, 05:57:56 PM
And to think some asked why did he sign for United?

To try and get in the England World Cup squad I imagine.

Don't think this will happen!

at least he's won more in 1 season than what he has done in last 5 years

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Amazing record of success for Fergie continues. Hopefully this is not it for the season. Performance was good as well so it augurs well for the rest of the season. The run in leaves little room for slip ups especially with Arsenal's great result yesterday.

Wouldn't begrudge Villa any success, hope they go on the win the FA Cup at least.

Farrandeelin

I may be wrong, but if United can beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Citythey will win the league. Obviously they have to win the other games too but those three are the BIG 3 imo. As for Europe, I cannot see it happening.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DuffleKing

At the start of the year i thought united would be miles off. I didn't think for a second they'd be one foot in the CL quarter final and in a great position to strike down the home straight for the league.

Hoof Hearted

odly enough, wayne has a "'niggling injury", just 3 days before a meaningless england match !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

mountainboii

Probably no harm to England for him to sit out as many games as possible before the Summer.

EC Unique

Nice win today ;D

I think yesterday's result in London is more important for Utd. Has Tevez ever scored 2 more vital goals for Manchester United? ;)

Race is on and I am starting to believe WE can do it.

imtommygunn

Not a united fan by any stretch of the imagination but would have to say impressed by Valencia today. His crosses for the second goal and the one for Rooney's effort against the post were excellent. He made a few other good ones too. Been a while since united had a winger who would make a lot of assists.

nrico2006

Great win yesterday. Villa never really threatened to be honest, and their attack was shown to be pretty blunt yet again when it comes to the big games. 

Valencia has been great this season, he seems to get his crosses in nearly every time and doesn't usually waste the ball.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 28, 2010, 10:20:39 PM
Not a united fan by any stretch of the imagination but would have to say impressed by Valencia today. His crosses for the second goal and the one for Rooney's effort against the post were excellent. He made a few other good ones too. Been a while since united had a winger who would make a lot of assists.
i would say his good form has a big part to play in why rooney has started to score so mnay headers.he  would have got that kind of delivery into the box before.when ronaldo was out wide, his first thought was to cut in and shoot rather than whip it in for rooney
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

full back

Decent enough game that never reached any great heights.

Vidic was very very lucky that he didnt see red for the penalty. Fergie's crying at that particular ref seemed to work on this occasion.

Good finish by Owen who is wild unlucky with injury.

Valencia is starting to prove his worth as well & Rooney keeps his goalscoring streak going.

BTW, from the discussion on the Chelsea thread regarding Berba.
He is still sh1t

DuffleKing

Watched the full replay of the game last night and for me, berba was man of the match