Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Compassionate grounds? Jesus.
If Fletcher gets off Abidal will too, then the ruls will be changed.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on May 08, 2009, 01:21:05 PM

Did his hamster die or what? Barcelona are not appealing Abidals red card.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The GAA

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2009, 01:22:53 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 08, 2009, 01:21:05 PM

Did his hamster die or what? Barcelona are not appealing Abidals red card.

Cos he's shite....

thebigfella

I think they might let him off and throw the book at Drogba.

You look at the way he conducted himself after the decision, in fact the entire Utd team (granted it wasn't a decision that would affect the outcome of the game, not sure what would happened if it handed advantage to the Gooners  :P) handled themselves may count in his favour. 

Minder

Quote from: thebigfella on May 08, 2009, 01:32:08 PM
I think they might let him off and throw the book at Drogba.

You look at the way he conducted himself after the decision, in fact the entire Utd team (granted it wasn't a decision that would affect the outcome of the game, not sure what would happened if it handed advantage to the Gooners  :P) handled themselves may count in his favour. 

So they will let him off because he didnt deck the ref?

EC Unique

IF they let him off it will be because they decide that the ref made a mistake in sending him off in the first place. This would in turn force a change in the rules where as if a ref makes a mistake an appeal can be lodged by the player/club to have it over turned. This would be a good thing for all clubs in the future. This time next year it could be Liverpool in the final (heaven forbid!) with Gerrard on an unfair red and very glad of such a system!

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2009, 02:21:27 PM
IF they let him off it will be because they decide that the ref made a mistake in sending him off in the first place. This would in turn force a change in the rules where as if a ref makes a mistake an appeal can be lodged by the player/club to have it over turned. This would be a good thing for all clubs in the future. This time next year it could be Liverpool in the final (heaven forbid!) with Gerrard on an unfair red and very glad of such a system!

Has the ref admitted it was a "mistake" ? There is no mechanism where they can let him off though, it wasnt mistaken identity, surely they would have to change the rules first.........

corn02

The rule is a stupid one, and it should be changed, but a altered a few weeks before the final? Not right.

At the end of the day all temas knew the rules going into the competition. Fletcher won't play anyway.

Doogie Browser

Fergie is being so relaxed about this because he wasn't going to play Fletcher in the final anyway so it saves him the trouble of dropping him - when has he ever been so calm about officialdom??  Scholes/Carrick/Anderson will be in the middle with Park and Rooney on the wings and Ronaldo up front (or swap with Rooney).

EC Unique

Do you mean if he was available he won't play? If so I would disagree as he played in most big games this season and his defensive qualities would make him a cert for me but I don't think he will be available.

The only good thing to come of this is that it may force them to change the rules from the start of next year...

Doogie Browser

This board is like a Les Dennis stand up gig recently  ::)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2009, 03:04:48 PM
Do you mean if he was available he won't play? If so I would disagree as he played in most big games this season and his defensive qualities would make him a cert for me but I don't think he will be available.

The only good thing to come of this is that it may force them to change the rules from the start of next year...
Yes - no way would he face Barcelona with a midfield of Carrick/Fletcher/Anderson

I think it is right that they have to change the rules though for next year.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 08, 2009, 03:03:26 PM
Fergie is being so relaxed about this because he wasn't going to play Fletcher in the final anyway so it saves him the trouble of dropping him - when has he ever been so calm about officialdom??  Scholes/Carrick/Anderson will be in the middle with Park and Rooney on the wings and Ronaldo up front (or swap with Rooney).

Spot on Doogie, do you think he would be blowing smoke up the refs a*se saying he was the best ref in Europe if it was Rooney, Vidic, Ronaldo Ferdinand etc that were suspended.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on May 08, 2009, 02:49:54 PM
The rule is a stupid one, and it should be changed, but a altered a few weeks before the final? Not right.

At the end of the day all temas knew the rules going into the competition. Fletcher won't play anyway.

If they are fit to charge Drogba, Ballack & Co after what they did v Barca, then surely they can reverse the charges for Fletch.