Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Swings and roundabouts as you say. I actually didn't see the incident but it sounds harsh. Fletcher is one of the United players I would admire so a pity it wasn't Ronaldo.

What to say? United weren't brilliant, they didn't have to be. Two massive errors by Arsenal and it was stroll in the park time for United. Sat back, closed the channel, wisely did not bomb forward for 3,4 or 5. Third goal was superb by the way.

Ronaldo was very good, his runs were fantastic. Was praying that his stupid flick after the second goal got punished though. He had a smile on his face when the theme music was playing - looked up for it.

Questions have to be asked about Wenger now.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: corn02 on May 05, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
Swings and roundabouts as you say. I actually didn't see the incident but it sounds harsh. Fletcher is one of the United players I would admire so a pity it wasn't Ronaldo.

What to say? United weren't brilliant, they didn't have to be. Two massive errors by Arsenal and it was stroll in the park time for United. Sat back, closed the channel, wisely did not bomb forward for 3,4 or 5. Third goal was superb by the way.

Ronaldo was very good, his runs were fantastic. Was praying that his stupid flick after the second goal got punished though. He had a smile on his face when the theme music was playing - looked up for it.

Questions have to be asked about Wenger now.

Answering each paragraph as it comes.

Harsh. Yes. And I too like Fletcher.

Arsenal lacked a bit of backbone, and fight truth be told.

Ronaldo MIGHT be getting back to 07/08 form.

Wenger must be under a degree of P. He has always maintained there is money to spend, and the 'kids' have been around a while now.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

David McKeown

Have to say the pre game atmosphere at the emirates was electric tonight and not what I was expecting with both sets of fans mixing well. That said Utd quickly destroyed that atmosphere with two goals gifted to them. From where I was sitting admittedly at the other end of pitch it looked like Almunia was at fault for both. After these Utd cruised and could have won by more. Too far away to see Fletcher incident. Although I did feel ref was favouring Utd before the penalty decision
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Gabriel_Hurl

thebigfella

An Fear Rua

Beckhams crendentials exsposed tonight - MUFC
Its Grim up North

GalwayBayBoy

thebigfella

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 05, 2009, 11:58:56 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on May 05, 2009, 11:50:45 PM
Is that a cornetto Giggs is eating?

I think it's a chicken nugget.

Quite fancy a cornetto now, might have to nip round to the 24 hour

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Seemed to be an electric atmosphere at the beginning of the game
The noise of the gooners was deafening

Gibbs was very unlucky with the first (was he taken off at half time?)
Dont know what the fcuk Almunia was at for the 2nd :D
Utd's third was superb

Suprised Rooney stayed on the pitch for so long, I would have had him off after the 2nd

Fletcher was unlucky. Will be interesting to see if the referee admits to a mistake.

All in all, good night at the office
Roll on the 27th

Abble

Quote from: full back on May 06, 2009, 08:29:53 AM
Fletcher was unlucky. Will be interesting to see if the referee admits to a mistake.

fletcher went in as if utd were 1 behind...v stupid to take the man down at that stage of the game.

also if the ref should admit to any mistakes maybe he'd need to go through all that first half and admit a few other mistakes.