Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

The fact is that Rnaldo can only be replaced by Messi.

Aparently the Portugese git is having a poor season yet still leads the Premiership goalscoring charts, I assume he must be near the top in the CL as well?

If the switch did happen, you would have a world-class player coming in and maybe 10 million profit, but it would have a detrimental effect.

EC Unique

Ronaldo is making noises lately that he is for staying but who knows what is going on. On the form he is showing the last 3 or 4 weeks I hope he does. Starting to look like the best in the world again and is starting to do a bit of work off the ball too.

stew

Quote from: EC Unique on May 06, 2009, 03:03:38 PM
Ronaldo is making noises lately that he is for staying but who knows what is going on. On the form he is showing the last 3 or 4 weeks I hope he does. Starting to look like the best in the world again and is starting to do a bit of work off the ball too.

If they can get Messi let the fecker go to city or Spain or whereever the feck he wants to go. A great talent who is a complete prima donna and has shown no loyalty to the team that helped make him what he is as a player today. Ribery, from what I can see is nowhere near the player Ronaldo is and I have watched him about 20 times this season.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

RedandGreenSniper

Ronaldo can let United go IF the price is right and IF they can sign someone of high ability. I'd be inclined to hold onto him though.

Regarding tonight I'm not sure who I'd like to see win. Probably Barca. There'd be no better way to win the comp than by beating the so called best team in the world. Beating Chelsea wouldn't be as much of an achievement. And, to prove I'm not being cocky, it would be easier to suffer losing to Barca than Chelsea!

Of course you could say it doesn't matter how you win it, winning counts the same. Last year I wouldn't have cared if we beat Attriction Stanley in the final because we'd be knocking on the door for so long. Now we have that monkey off our backs so the chance is there to be considered a great team by hopefully winning in style.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Schkite

Interesting there on Sky when they were showing the highlights of last nights game, they clocked Ronaldo's speed for the run he made for the third goal, it was the equivalent of running the 100m in 11.04 seconds(I think) apparently!

Then they said "And he had to score a goal after it, even Usain Bolt couldn't do that!"  :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Schkite on May 06, 2009, 07:32:10 PM
Interesting there on Sky when they were showing the highlights of last nights game, they clocked Ronaldo's speed for the run he made for the third goal, it was the equivalent of running the 100m in 11.04 seconds(I think) apparently!

It's not that fast sure the women's world 100m record is 10.49.... :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Ping Pong Santa

Must say, some excellent football played last night. Looks like you have fully found your form again and at just the right time.

I really don't know how I can stomach another United Chelsea final though!

Our Nail Loney

Corn02 said to me last night that Liverpool were in better form than United

::)

His red glasses were on though, as always.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 06, 2009, 09:45:00 PM

Awk why does he insist on wearing them? They look ridiculous.

EC Unique

never mind the red glasses he must have been on the red wine :D :D :D

StGallsGAA

Viva John Terry,
Viva John Terry,
Thought he was going to Rome
Now he's stayin at home
Viva John Terry!

corn02

Ahh one again you chose to embelish the tuth as usual. Remember what we said, over the past five years Liverpool have had better form than United in Europe? Remember? Remeber when I said that it was unquestionably United over the last two seasons? Remember?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 11:31:28 PM

Ahh one again you chose to embelish the tuth as usual. Remember what we said, over the past five years Liverpool have had better form than United in Europe? Remember? Remeber when I said that it was unquestionably United over the last two seasons? Remember?

Nope, you said Liverpool were better than Unite in the form table, I said did this include Europe as that would be more important, you then twisted it by saying how recent?! Obviously referring to the most fortunate of CL wins in Istanbul.

ONL 1 C02 0

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 06, 2009, 11:49:29 PM

Nope, you said Liverpool were better than Unite in the form table, I said did this include Europe as that would be more important, you then twisted it by saying how recent?! Obviously referring to the most fortunate of CL wins in Istanbul.

ONL 1 C02 0

Wow ripped out huh?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 11:51:30 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 06, 2009, 11:49:29 PM

ONL 1 C02 0

Wow ripped out huh?

Incredibly so. Just sticking up for all the United fans out there...