Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently so

United are entering a period that will be similar to Liverpools the past years just as Liverpool are getting going again. Hilarious tbh

Edited by Mod3. ApparentlySo, absolutely no need for that.

snoopdog

its amazing how many ABU's are posting on uniteds thread this season. More obsessed by United than the clubs you follow.
Enjoy it while it lasts lads, what happened liverpool in the early 90's wont happen united, we are too big and there is too much money involved nowadays.
Moyes knows a clearout will come in may/june, quality is needed in the midfield but who was available in January? Cabaye is a good player and better than what we have currently but we should be looking for higher quality than that.
Defence now an issue also with all centre halfs out injured, but creativity is a problem' mata rooney and rvp all need a few games to get going again, still almost 4 months of season to go, lets wait and see.
If United dont qualify for the champions league but end up in the europa then use that comp to blood youngsters  use it solely for the reserves and youth.

seafoid

Quote from: snoopdog on February 02, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
its amazing how many ABU's are posting on uniteds thread this season. More obsessed by United than the clubs you follow.
Enjoy it while it lasts lads, what happened liverpool in the early 90's wont happen united, we are too big and there is too much money involved nowadays.
Moyes knows a clearout will come in may/june, quality is needed in the midfield but who was available in January? Cabaye is a good player and better than what we have currently but we should be looking for higher quality than that.
Defence now an issue also with all centre halfs out injured, but creativity is a problem' mata rooney and rvp all need a few games to get going again, still almost 4 months of season to go, lets wait and see.
If United dont qualify for the champions league but end up in the europa then use that comp to blood youngsters  use it solely for the reserves and youth.
Football is usually won by the team with the most money. Milan, Real, Bayern.
Man Utd's owners are not interested in coming out tops on "wage" spending. CL qf and 4th is good enough. They are more interested in milking fans in Asia then offloading private equity style. Fergie was right to jump.

snoopdog

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2014, 09:44:01 AM
Man Utd's owners are not interested in coming out tops on "wage" spending. CL qf and 4th is good enough. They are more interested in milking fans in Asia then offloading private equity style. Fergie was right to jump.
you have to speculate to accumulate, they may have finally learned that with united. time will tell.

From the Bunker

Ah, yes Utd have money. But most of it is going into the back pockets of The Glaziers! The Glaziers are business men, not fans. They have allot of driftwood businesses back home and this is their only saviour. Don't be so sure of dominance and world wide appeal. Young kids follow current successful clubs. Talk of great teams of the past are soon forgotten. In the transfer market look at who United bought in the transfer window. Mata a bench warmer at a rival club for over the odds! All the talk of more and more players coming to the club during the January window was just talk. United fans bitch about Chelsea and City buying success. But during this blip all the talk is get the cheque book out and buy us success.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 02, 2014, 10:30:48 AM

Ah, yes Utd have money. But most of it is going into the back pockets of The Glaziers! The Glaziers are business men, not fans. They have allot of driftwood businesses back home and this is their only saviour. Don't be so sure of dominance and world wide appeal. Young kids follow current successful clubs. Talk of great teams of the past are soon forgotten. In the transfer market look at who United bought in the transfer window. Mata a bench warmer at a rival club for over the odds! All the talk of more and more players coming to the club during the January window was just talk. United fans bitch about Chelsea and City buying success. But during this blip all the talk is get the cheque book out and buy us success.

"Young kids follow current successful clubs"
Their dads don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iLL57puZPM

Welcome back to the MCG on a magnificent night for Australian sport. Liverpool taking on Melbourne Victory
95,000 people at the Melbourne Cricket Ground
Liverpool's first trip down under. An iconic team throughout the world. A club that built its legend throughout the 70s and 80s.
And now to Australia. What a moment. And now they'll sing "you'll never walk alone"

English working class culture repackaged for the global middleclasses  with all profits going to the plutocrats. 

Adults have the money. Utd don't need to win anything for 10 years. I bet that is what the Glazers think
10 years of losing to the City and Chelsea moneybags  would add to the mystique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7cTlvHgUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Px2gIgDLoY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91kJxRA9lQ

How much has Laoislad spent on Liverpool outgo in the last 5 years including Sky and trips to Shanklystan ?
There are 1 billion people in China.   
Say there are 3 million potential Laoislads for Utd. That is a lot of money   

And don't be afraid of the dark

The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread on February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM
Now 1598 pages
Liverpool last won the League in 1991.

GAABoard Liverpool Supporters 
Gabriel_Hurl
bingobus
GalwayBayBoy
brokencrossbar1
stevo-08
nifan
DirtyDozen12
girt_giggler
gawa316
Minus15
supersarsfields
Chrisowc
The Real Laoislad
Minder
Harold Disgracey
Hereiam
stiffler
on the sideline
bridgegael
Mayo4Sam
Abble
charlie stubbs
mackers
O2
corn02
heganboy
Hound
AZOffaly
Carmen Stateside
North Longford
Mid Down Gael

Posters from counties with better land can say what they  like about choking but at least Mayo football is not run  by mercenaries.

EC Unique

A lot of boys enjoying themselves on this thread after yesterday's poor result but the posts strangely stopped early this afternoon. What happened?

Gazzler

You went missing after the United game yesterday.why?   ::)
At least the knowledgable United fans all came on gave their opinions same as the Liverpool fans did straight after their result today.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on February 02, 2014, 10:06:36 PM
A lot of boys enjoying themselves on this thread after yesterday's poor result but the posts strangely stopped early this afternoon. What happened?

I was asking the same question of your good self.

ross4life

Ah Page 1993  it reminds me of this.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

So lads is 4th gone or still a realistic chance? I know there is always a chance when it is mathematically possible but I think it is slipping away. A win was vital on Saturday but it just seems that anything that can go wrong is going wrong. Injuries mounting up. How far away is Rio and Vidic? Utd will need to win nearly every game left at this stage to get 4th and I just can't see that happening. :-\

gallsman

Quote from: EC Unique on February 03, 2014, 11:55:02 AM
So lads is 4th gone or still a realistic chance? I know there is always a chance when it is mathematically possible but I think it is slipping away. A win was vital on Saturday but it just seems that anything that can go wrong is going wrong. Injuries mounting up. How far away is Rio and Vidic? Utd will need to win nearly every game left at this stage to get 4th and I just can't see that happening. :-\

Would the United fans on here put Rio back in the team at this stage?

EC Unique

Quote from: gallsman on February 03, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

Considering the amount of injuries at present there might be no choice..

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on February 03, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

I think Rio's legs are gone. I would be slow to play him. I suppose the people working with him every day will know for sure. Maybe injuries were impacting his ability to perform and resulted in his terrible perfoamrnces. If he was fully fit he might be ok. No great confidence here though.

nrico2006

I really see fourth as being between United and Liverpool.  A long way to go yet and both teams will drop points.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'