Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superblues

how was he lucky to win 2

Billys Boots

Do you not remember the Bayern match - outplayed for 89.5 minutes???
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

superblues

dont remember that at all

EC Unique

Ah don't worry about the bitters today boys. Today is a day for Utd fans to enjoy and be happy. I am. :)

Captain Obvious

In fairness most sides had a slice of luck along the way to winning the Champions league. The Barcelona 2009,2011 sides would have beaten some of the best ever teams.

nrico2006

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 23, 2013, 03:11:28 PM

United were the best team in Europe that year though, unfortunate that they lost 2 key players for the final.  Anyway, 20 league titles is some achievement, puts a bit of daylight between our nearest rivals.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

United were the best team in Europe that year though, unfortunate that they lost 2 key players for the final.  Anyway, 20 league titles is some achievement, puts a bit of daylight between our nearest rivals.

I think United scored twice as many goals as their opposition that night.

snoopdog

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

The same nearest rivals who wont be long passing Uniteds wait of 26 years for a title. The bitters can try and 'bite' all they want fact is we are Champions. Giggs 13 Gerard 0  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ranch

Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2013, 02:30:26 PM

He was lucky to win the two he did IMO.

They went through both those successful European Cup campaigns without losing a single game. Against Bayern they played poorly but hung in there despite having their two first choice central midfielder's suspended.
In 2008 they should have had it wrapped up by half time. In the end it went to penalties, always a lottery, surely as a Liverpool fan who has seen his side win two European Cups in a similar fashion you can understand that?
Also, if you're going to cite examples of Fergie being 'lucky' (without actually giving an example as it happens) then it's only fair that the times he's been unlucky are also mentioned, such as Dortmund in the 1997 semi final or Leverkusen in 2002.

Champions!

laoislad

Not to mention poor aul John Terry falling on his hole taking a peno the stupid cnut!
As I said very lucky to have won two.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ranch

Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2013, 04:30:26 PM

Not to mention poor aul John Terry falling on his hole taking a peno the stupid cnut!
As I said very lucky to have won two.

Not to mention the fact United should have been 3-0 up by half time in 2008?

Champions!

magpie seanie

QuoteEvra is a LIAR.

Evra is a CHAMPION.

ranch

EC Unique

Nothing 'lucky' here.  8)

stew

Last time I checked a game lasts 90 minutes, United deserved to win that game because they were the better team over 90 minutes, if you don't believe me check the scoreboard!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.