Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 08, 2009, 03:21:30 PM
I've never been more confident about United winning the league than I am now. Chelsea were the only team I was worried about - they have the ability if they can sort themselves out but that looks unlikely. Them losing to Liverpool was a great result because it took a genuine threat out of the race. Liverpool, and I don't wanna sound arrogant here, haven't a hope of staying with us. They've been riding their luck and that won't last forever. It will take an eon for Benitez to start playing with the sort of positivity thats needed to win regularly

Wouldn't  be certain about winning today but, again, it won't matter

Obviously you have something to back that statement up with............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2009, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 08, 2009, 03:21:30 PM
I've never been more confident about United winning the league than I am now. Chelsea were the only team I was worried about - they have the ability if they can sort themselves out but that looks unlikely. Them losing to Liverpool was a great result because it took a genuine threat out of the race. Liverpool, and I don't wanna sound arrogant here, haven't a hope of staying with us. They've been riding their luck and that won't last forever. It will take an eon for Benitez to start playing with the sort of positivity thats needed to win regularly

Wouldn't  be certain about winning today but, again, it won't matter

Obviously you have something to back that statement up with............

well I'd be referring to the Chelsea game and the Portsmouth game. Six points from what was only really a deserved two (and could indeed have been one - Pompey flunked it).
Lampard's sending off was crazy and changed the game in yer favour - very lucky to have that extra man. Yesterday's game was unbelievable. Crouch gives away an unbelievebale ball which leads to the equaliser at 1-1, Distin very bad for the second goal and while Benitiez might believe he got his tactics correct, not starting Torres was something which didn't deserve a win.
Now you might reply that ye were unlucky to draw against Wigan and Everton *(league) because of late goals conceded. I'd be of the opinion that wasn't bad luck, that was down to negative tactics in both cases
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

RedandGreenSniper

Does that make Giggs the only player to have scored in every season of the Premiership? Leg end

FermPundit

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 08, 2009, 05:26:42 PM
Does that make Giggs the only player to have scored in every season of the Premiership? Leg end

Yep, I think so

RedandGreenSniper

Ronaldo should be taken off, he's in one of his moods and not tracking back could be costly yet. He's having no return on the left either so I can't understand why he hasn't been switched with Giggs

new devil

Again we having played well but a wins a win..13 clean sheets  :o

Great goal by giggs

orangeman

Massive result for Utd - this was a potential banana skin.

FermPundit

Great result. These are the type of victories that win you titles. Nothing fancy but job done with 3 points in the bag. Superb individual performance from Giggs. Not only did he did he take the goal really well, but his all round work rate was first class.

Square Ball

another 3 points, not a great game but there will not be too many teams who come away from there with 3 points
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

anportmorforjfc

great win, another 1-0 win on the road. The work rate was brilliant from the whole team.

orangeman

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 08, 2009, 06:01:55 PM
great win, another 1-0 win on the road. The work rate was brilliant from the whole team.

One of the texters on BBC said Berbatov is the laziest player in the premiership but also one of the best. Workrate isn't a word you'd use in connection with Berbatov.

FermPundit

Next 5 league games.

Fulham (H)
Blackburn (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool (H)
Fulham (A)

Realistically, you'd be hoping for 9 points before we play the Pool at home on 14 March. Although United had some extremely difficult fixtures at the start of the league, it should benefit us now as we get into the latter stage of the season. We have the Champions League tie away in Milan (24 February) and the Carling cup final (1 March)  before we play Liverpool on 14 March. If we can stay injury free until then, we'll be looking good on all fronts.