Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2009, 09:17:43 PM
And thats why were 5 points clear minder....."RAFAS CRACKING UP"  :D :D

I only speak about the facts, no?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

full back

:D :D
Great to see all themuns on complaining
People only want a pop at you when you are at the top ;)

new devil

Yea thats true fullback...only "facts" i can see is that we are 5 points clear

0-0 draw tomorrow please..in rafa we trust  ;)

Karl Kennedy

Defender James Chester away on loan to Peterborough. I wouldn't think that deal took too long to sort out! ;) :P

nrico2006

Minder I think you will see that yet again Liverpool have benefited greatly from an officials mistake.  I feel bad for Chelsea, firstly there was the goal that never was in 2005 and yesterday the ref thought he would take Chelseas's most important man out of the game for clearly winning the ball and taking a kick from Alonso at the same time - very dignified of Frank Lampard to walk off without any back chat - if only certain Liverpool players could behave as so, but I suppose when you have a raving lunatic who is cracking under the pressure as manager you can't expect much better. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

5 Sams

Anyone else watching the stuff on RTE 2 about Munich....break yer fcukin heart watching it..

Edwards must have been some player...when you think about all the young talent that was lost on that plane it wouldnt have been inconceivable for Englad to have won 3 or 4 world cups in the 60s and 70s...scary stuff
The Aristocrat Years

EC Unique

QuoteWAYNE ROONEY is closing in on a return to action after coming through a full training session yesterday.
The Manchester United and England hitman has not played since damaging a hamstring after hitting the early winner against Wigan on January 14.

United boss Alex Ferguson was reluctant to rush Rooney back, to ensure he is fully fit for the run-in.

But the striker has made such progress he went through the same routine as the rest of the first-team stars yesterday.

If there is no reaction, he could even find himself in the squad to face West Ham away on Sunday.

Yet with an England friendly in Spain next Wednesday, the likelier date for his comeback is the FA Cup clash at Derby or Nottingham Forest on February 15.

Good news :)

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 03, 2009, 08:59:56 PM
Anyone else watching the stuff on RTE 2 about Munich....break yer fcukin heart watching it..

Edwards must have been some player...when you think about all the young talent that was lost on that plane it wouldnt have been inconceivable for Englad to have won 3 or 4 world cups in the 60s and 70s...scary stuff

I seen it, very sad. Gregg & Charlton are still very emotional talking about it. Today's is the 51st Annivarsary of the Munich Air Diasaster.

EC Unique

February 6th will forever be circled on the calendars of everyone connected with Manchester United.

On that day in 1958, the darkest day in United's history, 23 people - including eight players and three members of the club's staff - suffered fatal injuries in the Munich air crash.

Flying back from a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade, the team plane stopped in Germany to refuel. The first two attempts to take off from Munich airport were aborted; following a third attempt, the plane crashed.

Twenty-two of the people on board died instantly, while Duncan Edwards - one of the eight victims from the team - died 15 days later as a result of the injuries he sustained.

The tragedy is an indelible part of United's history, as is Sir Matt Busby overcoming his injuries to build another great team which won the European Cup 10 years later.
Roger Byrne (28), Eddie Colman (21), Mark Jones (24), David Pegg (22), Tommy Taylor (26), Geoff Bent (25), Liam Whelan (22) and Duncan Edwards (21) all died, along with club secretary Walter Crickmer, trainer Tom Curry and coach Bert Whalley.

Eight journalists died - Alf Clarke, Tom Jackson, Don Davies, George Fellows, Archie Ledbrook, Eric Thompson, Henry Rose, and Frank Swift who was a former Manchester City player. Plane captain Ken Rayment perished, as did Sir Matt's friend Willie Sanitof. Travel agent Bela Miklos and passenger Tom Cable also died.

We will never forget.

magpie seanie

The Flowers of Manchester

One cold and bitter Thursday in Munich, Germany,
Seven great football stalwarts conceded victory,
Seven men will never play again who met destruction there,
The flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

Matt Busby's boys were flying, returning from Belgrade,
This great United family, all masters of their trade,
The pilot of the aircraft and the skipper Captain Thain,
Three times they tried to take her up and twice turned back again.

The third time down the runaway disaster followed close,
There was ice upon the wings and the aircraft never rose,
It ran upon the marshy ground, it broke, it overturned.
And seven of the team were killed when the battered aircraft burned.

Roger Byrne and Tommy Taylor who were capped for England's side.
And Ireland's Billy Whelan and England's Geoff Bent died,
Mark Jones and Eddie Colman, and David Pegg also,
Before the blazing wreckage went ploughing through the snow.

The trainer, coach and secretary, and a member of the crew,
Also eight sporting journalists who with United flew,
and one of them was Big Swifty, we never will forget,
the greatest English 'keeper who ever graced a net.

They said that Duncan Edwards had an injury to his brain,
They said that Jackie Blanchflower would never play again,
Matt Busby he was lying there, the father of the team
Six months or more did pass before he saw another game

Oh, England's finest football team its record truly great,
its proud successes mocked by a cruel turn of fate.
Seven men will never play again, who met destruction there,
the flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

The GAA

Tough game on sunday away to a rejuvenated west ham.

must say i thoght the hammers would go down after bringing zola in but i think i've underestimated steve clarke in particular. their defence has been very good in recent weeks an i'm sure thats down to clarke.

we nmay have to settle for a draw at best this weekend.