Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on May 15, 2016, 10:07:06 PM
The device was a leftover from a security training exercise. An absolute shambles.

I'm sure they'll do their best to convince people it was Osama. He was an Arsenal fan after all.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on May 15, 2016, 10:49:18 PM
The device was a leftover from a security training exercise. An absolute shambles.

I'm sure they'll do their best to convince people it was Osama. He was an Arsenal fan after all.

Saw a Vine of Souness and Henry talking about it on Sky Sports. Cameras in the ground panning and zoomed in on two lads in turbans!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gallsman on May 15, 2016, 10:56:42 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 15, 2016, 10:49:18 PM

Saw a Vine of Souness and Henry talking about it on Sky Sports. Cameras in the ground panning and zoomed in on two lads in turbans!

Saw that too. Very classy! 

BennyCake

So, no goals at Old Trafford this weekend. Same as every other weekend then.

Boycey

So does Moses now get 2 games for the price of one??

grantwool

Manchester United have to win their final game this season, at least they could finish fifth.

Hound

It does seem inconceivable how they could just forget to bring the fake bomb home! Difficult to believe.

And how was it not found when the club did the stadium check on Sunday morning? Or why wasn't it the first thing they thought of when they found it, given the top stewards and presumably the police would have known the security training exercises had just taken place?

Although the alternative explanation of putting out this story to cover up something else would be even more difficult to believe.

BennyHarp

There was a major security trial run at the Trafford Centre shopping centre a few days ago where they simulated a suicide bomb attack. Then yesterdays incident at Old Trafford. I wonder if the security forces are suspecting an imminent attack in the region and are getting prepared. The excuse given doesn't really seem plausible to me.
That was never a square ball!!

The Subbie

Seen on Twitter earlier that Ed Woodward has now commenced the search for a bomb disposal partner............ :D

Maroon Manc

What a c**k up yesterday although still hard to believe the device wasn't found until 20 minutes before kick of. Its going to cost United £3m although I'd imagine they'd be covered by some sort of insurance policy and no doubt they'll try and sue the security company.

I was on a flight so missed the West Ham game, I've seen West Ham's 2nd and 3rd goals and both were Blind's fault, he had improved in the last few months but given our fullbacks aren't tall we have to have 2 tall centre half's for defending set pieces.

Top 4 nearly happened only because how poor City have been, when the pressure was on us at home to Leicester and away to West Ham we didn't turn up. Missing out on CL isn't a huge loss for United and Spurs showed you can make a title challenge when playing on Thursday nights. Hopefully by Wednesday next week he'll be gone, just can't any logical reason for him to keep his job.

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 16, 2016, 10:29:59 AMMissing out on CL isn't a huge loss for United

Pull the other one ffs

Maroon Manc

Quote from: gallsman on May 16, 2016, 11:12:54 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 16, 2016, 10:29:59 AMMissing out on CL isn't a huge loss for United

Pull the other one ffs

Financially it isn't, It will save United millions in bonuses to the players and I doubt we'd get out of the group with LVG in charge anyway It would cost them probably about £20m which isn't much to a club with a turnover of over £500m. The big issue is if they miss out next season as the adidas deal will be hit.

laoislad

Pull the other one ffs
If they hadn't shit the togs like they did V West Ham they would have all been belting on about how great they were and how delighted they are to be in the Champions League.
As it turned out even a draw against West Ham would have been enough for them  ;D
Maybe they will beat Bournemouth 19-0 and still qualify.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on May 16, 2016, 11:32:29 AM

Pull the other one ffs
If they hadn't shit the togs like they did V West Ham they would have all been belting on about how great they were and how delighted they are to be in the Champions League.
As it turned out even a draw against West Ham would have done them  ;D

LL I know you are on the wind up but I will bite this time.

If you play someone around you in the table it can hardly be considered 'shitting the togs' to lose to them.

Throw in the fact that it was an emotional night for WH and their players were completely fired up. To go one down and come back to be in a winning position was hardly considered being weak. United were a small team in comparison so hardly surprising that WH went with an aerial bombardment.

But here why let the truth get in the way of a good dig  ;)

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on May 16, 2016, 11:44:17 AM
Quote from: laoislad on May 16, 2016, 11:32:29 AM

Pull the other one ffs
As it turned out even a draw against West Ham would have done them  ;D

If you play someone around you in the table it can hardly be considered 'shitting the togs' to lose to them.

If you are 2-1 up with 15mins left and end up losing 3-2 with something as important as a Champions League place on the line then that is shitting the togs imo..If it happens to Liverpool on Wednesday I'm sure many of you would be quick enough to tell us the same thing!

But sure ye didn't want to qualify for it anyway so it worked out well.. ;)

Anyway that's me finished in this thread for the season.. See ye again in August. :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.