Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 16, 2016, 10:08:39 AM
There was a major security trial run at the Trafford Centre shopping centre a few days ago where they simulated a suicide bomb attack. Then yesterdays incident at Old Trafford. I wonder if the security forces are suspecting an imminent attack in the region and are getting prepared. The excuse given doesn't really seem plausible to me.

Better not be running a drill at the exact time something does happen though, which happened on 7/7. But sure these coincidences happen all the time.

nrico2006

There can be no serious chance that LVG remains next season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2016, 04:53:28 PM
There can be no serious chance that LVG remains next season.

He will remain a tool. That's certain.

seafoid

5th is an atrocious result given the size of Man Utd. 3rd richest club in the world.
Imagine if Kilkenny was run for money and not hurling. That is Man Utd today

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2016, 09:18:12 AM
5th is an atrocious result given the size of Man Utd. 3rd richest club in the world.

Get a grip

These things run in cycles regardless of the money, personnel change, players, managers, boards, and executives. It was an extraordinary period of success over the past couple of decades. Once the club come to terms with the new era of short term managers the club will get back to competing for the title.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on May 17, 2016, 09:40:12 AM

Get a grip

These things run in cycles regardless of the money, personnel change, players, managers, boards, and executives. It was an extraordinary period of success over the past couple of decades. Once the club come to terms with the new era of short term managers the club will get back to competing for the title.
Other clubs dont have the Glazers. Real and Barca are in a far stronger position because they are run by people who understand soccer.

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2016, 09:50:56 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 17, 2016, 09:40:12 AM

Get a grip

Other clubs dont have the Glazers. Real and Barca are in a far stronger position because they are run by people who understand soccer.

And they have had a monopoly on the TV money in Spain for how many years and for the most part havent paid tax etc etc etc

Yes they may understand football, but in a mainly two horse arms race doesnt really take a football genius too try and buy more or better players than your only rival.

AZOffaly

Are REal and Barcelona not in serious financial difficulty? I thought they were in serious debt, and are playing a very dangerous game.

imtommygunn

Real get a lot of help from royal backers do they not?

Barca had to take their first sponsor for years the other year I had read? (MIght have been 5-10 years ago)

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2016, 10:04:58 AM
Real get a lot of help from royal backers do they not?

Barca had to take their first sponsor for years the other year I had read? (MIght have been 5-10 years ago)

And now it is going as their main sponsor is going to sponsor the entire league.
Yeah they are both close to the line and have been bailed out at various points.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2016, 09:58:34 AM
Are REal and Barcelona not in serious financial difficulty? I thought they were in serious debt, and are playing a very dangerous game.

They both do have large debts, I don't remember too much about Barca's but know Real do have financial issues. They've really had to balance the books the last 3 summers. Whilst United have a huge debt its under control and pay about £20m a year in interest Real's is all over the place and far from structured.

ballinaman

Lads,
Let's not get sidetracked. We need further discussion on the Gerrard slip.

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 17, 2016, 10:19:22 AM

They both do have large debts, I don't remember too much about Barca's but know Real do have financial issues. They've really had to balance the books the last 3 summers. Whilst United have a huge debt its under control and pay about £20m a year in interest Real's is all over the place and far from structured.
Only ever heard positive things about the way Barca is run. Owned by the fans/members, model club, etc. Never heard anything about what debt they have.
But the media does love Barca, rarely see anything negative written about them.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Hound on May 17, 2016, 10:26:38 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 17, 2016, 10:19:22 AM

Only ever heard positive things about the way Barca is run. Owned by the fans/members, model club, etc. Never heard anything about what debt they have.
But the media does love Barca, rarely see anything negative written about them.

They've certainly got a debt of at least 300m euro's, not sure of exact figure. Their expanding the stadium to which is going to cost them hundreds of millions too. Considering they generate huge revenues and haven't been laden with debt by an owner they've both been badly run.

Muck Savage

Will be interesting to see how Pep gets on next year. In Spain it was a 2 horse race with a 3rd solid runner. In Germany it really is a one horse race with Dortmund showing up from time to time. When he took them over they had just won the Champions league, failed to make the final under him which would have been the expectation. He's a good manager but some serious work to be done with the team.
The premier league is a tough league to win as any team can cause an upset each week.