Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

#30465





Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

Dead cat bounce ;)

That was always going to happen. Moyes is seen as the single biggest factor in United's decreased revenue (CL Football and Prize Money) this year, therefore removing him encourages people to game that the Revenue potential is upward again. If the new manager doesn't turn things around, the share price will drop again. Glazers can't afford that, so expect a big name manager this time.



AZOffaly

It is the mail, so it might be a lot of bullshite, but if the stories are true then those players didn't show a lot of respect for the club either.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 23, 2014, 10:47:11 AM
It is the mail, so it might be a lot of bullshite, but if the stories are true then those players didn't show a lot of respect for the club either.

The club didn't show the players any respect by appointing someone incapable of doing the job. Not clearing the players of blame  by any means but I have been (am) in work situations with terrible, incapable bosses and it is not a good place to be I can assure you.

If anything that article (and we obviously have to be guarded as to how true it might be) reflects worse on Moyes than the players to be honest.

AZOffaly

I understand what you are saying Seanie, believe me, but a football club is different. I don't have 70,000 people cheering when I go to a Project meeting :D I just think it was obvious the United players weren't giving 100% on quite a few occasions this season, and basically mailed it in. If that was the case then these stories would be a continuation of that sort of attitude, which is cheating the club and its fans.

Of course, maybe they did the club a huge service in getting rid of Moyes, and that's what they intended all along!

AZOffaly


AZOffaly

I see Paul Scholes is back at Carrington. Giggsy trying to bring in the old boys to help out with the coaching for the last 4 games.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2014, 11:12:34 PM
Where's that from? It seems reasonable. I'd settle for any of those three candidates.

Have to laugh about Van Gaal's reported "abrasiveness" being a potential issue. I seem to remember a recent United manager (not David Moyes!) who had this trait in spades and he did ok!!!!!

Ferguson had the time at the club and the success to back up his methods, if the new manager doesent have immediate success you could have the same shit from the players as you had this season, provided most of them haven't been shipped out in the summer !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

ah no. At this point, what would be the point?

Billys Boots

Don't point, it's rude.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2014, 11:12:34 PM
Where's that from? It seems reasonable. I'd settle for any of those three candidates.

Have to laugh about Van Gaal's reported "abrasiveness" being a potential issue. I seem to remember a recent United manager (not David Moyes!) who had this trait in spades and he did ok!!!!!

Ferguson had the time at the club and the success to back up his methods, if the new manager doesent have immediate success you could have the same shit from the players as you had this season, provided most of them haven't been shipped out in the summer !

Big difference questioning Moyes ability and Van Gaal's ability.

Kidder81

As Henry Winter said today, Van Gaals crowning glory was 19 years ago with Ajax.

trileacman

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2014, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2014, 11:12:34 PM
Where's that from? It seems reasonable. I'd settle for any of those three candidates.

Have to laugh about Van Gaal's reported "abrasiveness" being a potential issue. I seem to remember a recent United manager (not David Moyes!) who had this trait in spades and he did ok!!!!!

Ferguson had the time at the club and the success to back up his methods, if the new manager doesent have immediate success you could have the same shit from the players as you had this season, provided most of them haven't been shipped out in the summer !

Big difference questioning Moyes ability and Van Gaal's ability.

Which is what exactly? His record isn't outstanding, managed Barca when they were shite sure even Bobby Robson done that, fluked Bayern to a champions league final which they lost to Inter, who were far from a top team of the last 10 years. Has no silverware from the Dutch team who fall behind the pace setters of Germany and Spain in the European game. I don't understand the appeal of him. A notorious slow starter with teams, which will put him under pressure at Man U and a shite hand with the media. Ferguson was a ignorant **** too but he started off in a different era with less pressure and by the time it came to a heavily media-centric sport he had his success achieved and was beyond criticism. I'll guarantee you one thing the next United manager will need his friends in the media to survive the bad times and Van Gall's abrasive nature will cost him just that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014