Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Quote from: Jonah on September 15, 2012, 07:54:59 PM
Just reading about some Man U 'fans' chanting horrible things about Hillsborough today.
It's a disgrace these idiots are let into the ground.
Some people really are scum.

They are scum and that's going to be the case on Sunday from elements of both fans.

Howeverm the most disappointing was the embarassing position from the Man United Supporters Trust who tried to pass it off as having nothing to do with Hillsborough. Only an absolute idiot blinded by the United PR machine would swallow that (Nrico maybe).

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2012, 03:18:01 PM
Welbeck continuing his diving antics after his Oscar winning dive for England.
At least the peno was missed. Justice done.
Never seen Suarez' dive later in the evening, but Stan Collymore nearly choked... he wanted a red card for him in his TalkSport commentry!!

onefaircounty

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 17, 2012, 08:31:20 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2012, 03:18:01 PM
Welbeck continuing his diving antics after his Oscar winning dive for England.
At least the peno was missed. Justice done.
Never seen Suarez' dive later in the evening, but Stan Collymore nearly choked... he wanted a red card for him in his TalkSport commentry!!

An overreaction from Stan. On the super slow-mo replay it was very handy to make a case for it being a penalty. I've seen the replay 10 times and I'm still unsure.

He didn't get it because he has dived in the past, so can't have too many complaints. Deserves to lose out on the 50-50 decisions.

EC Unique

nifan

Quote from: EC Unique on September 17, 2012, 10:39:32 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-and-liverpool-to-issue-joint-1327322
I'm sure 95% of fans don't want these chants and should let it be known.

The boyos who do this revel in it though. They enjoy the fact they hate the others more than the "pc brigade"

deiseach

Manchester United are to be congratulated on their stance over the chants at the weekend. Well done for striking a blow for decency.

Bingo

Quote from: nifan on September 17, 2012, 10:43:57 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-and-liverpool-to-issue-joint-1327322

The boyos who do this revel in it though. They enjoy the fact they hate the others more than the "pc brigade"

Thats it in a nutschell really, there is elements to support who respect nothing and see themselves as martyrs for it - on a level with the Italian Ultras who believe they are more important than the club and the players.

I know a few United lads who were at Ajax in amsterdam last year and in the square before it, a crowd of supporters constantly tried to start up Hillsboro songs but got drowned out as they tried with United songs. I know a Liverpool supporter who seen similar on European aways with Munich songs and seen a few slaps exchanged between a scouse crowd and non-scouse group who refused to join in.

In many cases you'll find that this monority, albeit a vocal monority, will be young and trying to make a name for themselves and not really know, or care, what they are singing about.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on September 17, 2012, 11:20:52 AM

Thats it in a nutschell really, there is elements to support who respect nothing and see themselves as martyrs for it - on a level with the Italian Ultras who believe they are more important than the club and the players.

I know a few United lads who were at Ajax in amsterdam last year and in the square before it, a crowd of supporters constantly tried to start up Hillsboro songs but got drowned out as they tried with United songs. I know a Liverpool supporter who seen similar on European aways with Munich songs and seen a few slaps exchanged between a scouse crowd and non-scouse group who refused to join in.

In many cases you'll find that this monority, albeit a vocal monority, will be young and trying to make a name for themselves and not really know, or care, what they are singing about.

Late night on the sauce last night after the game? ;)

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2012, 11:30:40 AM
Quote from: Bingo on September 17, 2012, 11:20:52 AM

Late night on the sauce last night after the game? ;)

My spelling on this is always very poor, type too quick and never reread!  :-[

Was far too depressed for a feed of pints, took the missus out for a feed, had 1 pint with it and she was dropping me to the pub and I told her to drive on and went home. Was gutted.

brokencrossbar1

And Ballybay there for the taking too in the Final.  Hard luck! At least you feckers won't stop my one true love from 3 in a row this time!

Anyway, I expect there will very very little chanting in Anfield at the weekend, I think from a Liverpool point of view last week has lifted such a weight of the shoulders of the fans that I really think they will move away from that and there will be a major move among the main group of them to stop anything developing.  As for United, there won't be enough of them there to start anything and I think similarly they would be drowned out very quickly.

nifan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2012, 11:41:42 AM
Anyway, I expect there will very very little chanting in Anfield at the weekend, I think from a Liverpool point of view last week has lifted such a weight of the shoulders of the fans that I really think they will move away from that and there will be a major move among the main group of them to stop anything developing.  As for United, there won't be enough of them there to start anything and I think similarly they would be drowned out very quickly.

I hope so, it only takes a few on both sides to get it going, and once there is a perceived hurt a few more always join in as "they started it".

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2012, 11:41:42 AM
And Ballybay there for the taking too in the Final.  Hard luck! At least you feckers won't stop my one true love from 3 in a row this time!

Final will be tight - a defensive, cynical team against a young, attacking team. A sign of times we'd not even of been thinking about Ulster at any stage this year! Its all your now!

Yeah, I would imagine that self policing in the grounds will be on the rise and prevent much been sung. It will be no love in though  :)

ludermor

Ive seen cliams that Utd has a fanbase of 75 million worldwide, that only leaves 3.75million fans supporting the chants....

maddog

Just reading about some Man U 'fans' chanting horrible things about Hillsborough today.

Far be it from me to defend soccer fans etc but was talking to a mate that was at the game and he mentioned this. He says they were chanting some song about Suarez and what was reported in newspapers was bollix. Wouldnt be the first time.

deiseach

Quote from: maddog on September 17, 2012, 12:14:44 PM

Far be it from me to defend soccer fans etc but was talking to a mate that was at the game and he mentioned this. He says they were chanting some song about Suarez and what was reported in newspapers was bollix. Wouldnt be the first time.

Oh right, so the entire club heard the chants wrong too. Your friend should look to himself.