Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

International football is shit but I dont no how you don't like to see united players do well no matter what country they play for...or is it just when they play for england you like to see them have a stinker  :P

EC Unique

Quote from: new devil on September 03, 2011, 03:37:53 PM
International football is shit but I dont no how you don't like to see united players do well no matter what country they play for...or is it just when they play for england you like to see them have a stinker  :P

I am a Manchester Utd Supporter. That is it. Once any player pulls on another Jersey I don't give a f**k how they play as long as they do not get injured. Premiership players show no loyalty to their club and hence the club's supporters so why should I give a f**k about them when not playing for the club?

Playing for England does not help his case though :D

new devil

Think it helps with a players confidence if they go away on international duty and play well and score a few goals....

Was Gibson playing last night?

EC Unique

Quote from: new devil on September 03, 2011, 03:50:29 PM
Think it helps with a players confidence if they go away on international duty and play well and score a few goals....

Was Gibson playing last night?

Well that is one benifit. I will give you that. ;)

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on September 03, 2011, 03:45:09 PM

I am a Manchester Utd Supporter. That is it. Once any player pulls on another Jersey I don't give a f**k how they play as long as they do not get injured. Premiership players show no loyalty to their club and hence the club's supporters so why should I give a f**k about them when not playing for the club?

You're obviously a soccer supporter. You support a British football team but would not follow your own country? I find that astounding.

I'd say you're, like alot of others, 'a supporter of a successful soccer team'

A question for you, would you rather see your country play in a World Cup final or watch Man Utd in a champions league final?

clarshack

Quote from: J OGorman on September 03, 2011, 11:19:04 PM

You're obviously a soccer supporter. You support a British football team but would not follow your own country? I find that astounding.

A question for you, would you rather see your country play in a World Cup final or watch Man Utd in a champions league final?

good question. probably ruffled a few feathers that one.

EC Unique

For a start I have been a Utd supporter for about 30 years now so the successful soccer team thing is balls. I do follow Ireland but the last few years have been hard to watch as International football and Ireland in particular is terrible stuff. If Ireland was a 32 county team it would make me take more notice.

On your question. As unrealistic as it is I would rather Ireland in a WC Final. But we all know that will never happen.

I get the feeling that players have a lot less interest in international football than 20 odd years ago. Italia 90 was class. It is the last time Ireland were really good to follow and in those days the players seemed more interested. USA 94 was good but nowhere near as good as 90. It has all been downhill since then.

spuds

Quote from: EC Unique on September 04, 2011, 01:03:54 PM

For a start I have been a Utd supporter for about 30 years now so the successful soccer team thing is balls. I do follow Ireland but the last few years have been hard to watch as International football and Ireland in particular is terrible stuff. If Ireland was a 32 county team it would make me take more notice.

On your question. As unrealistic as it is I would rather Ireland in a WC Final. But we all know that will never happen.

I get the feeling that players have a lot less interest in international football than 20 odd years ago. Italia 90 was class. It is the last time Ireland were really good to follow and in those days the players seemed more interested. USA 94 was good but nowhere near as good as 90. It has all been downhill since then.

"Hard to watch" so you lost your passion for following Ireland, better off without such bandwagoners as yourself !
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

EC Unique

Well done spuds. A great informed reply that contributes to the discussion. ::)

rossie mad

he actually said the truth and your saying he wasnt contributing for some reason to the conversation.your last statement says more about your stupidity than some all almighty support you have for some irrelavant soccer club.

EC Unique

Quote from: rossie mad on September 04, 2011, 10:24:24 PM
he actually said the truth and your saying he wasnt contributing for some reason to the conversation.your last statement says more about your stupidity than some all almighty support you have for some irrelavant soccer club.

Explain.

Boycey

Any of you guys with an an eBook reader?

Heres a link to the Gary Nevilles autobiography http://www.ge.tt/#!/8hKCkO7/v/0

Would have posted it in book thread or somewhere but search function not working??

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on September 05, 2011, 06:33:19 PM
I see the little rat face is saying that Manure players believe Liverpool let Chelsea beat them in Anfield a few years ago to stop them winning the league..

20 mins, you're slipping..

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on September 05, 2011, 07:02:57 PM
Wasn't replying to you.

Very good  ;D.

Didn't realise til today ebooks were so easily obtainable and so easily installed. A whole new world has opened to me..

laoislad

Ebooks and Audio books are easy available on torrent sites.
I like the audio books myself and have a good few burnt to CD for long car journeys when I'm on my todd.

I'd probably just burn rat face's book though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.