A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 07, 2016, 08:22:22 PM
The recently published 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) used by the medical profession lists precisely the 9 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Only the extreme, or "classic," narcissist fits all of these criteria, DSM specifies that an individual need meet only 5 of them to warrant this unflattering label.

Here are DSM's requirements (slightly condensed, and with minor bracketed amendments) for "earning" the unenviable diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance.
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
4. Requires excessive admiration [regularly fishes for compliments, and is highly susceptible to flattery].
5. Has a sense of entitlement.
6. Is interpersonally exploitative.
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty [rude and abusive] behaviors or attitudes.

Number 1 resonates with me. He is a guy who can play a bit of football but i would have zero interest in his personal life at all.

It baffles me why anyone would buy this book.

It all seems a bit car crash now too.

muppet

The recently published 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) used by the medical profession lists precisely the 9 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Only the extreme, or "classic," narcissist fits all of these criteria, DSM specifies that an individual need meet only 5 of them to warrant this unflattering label.

Here are DSM's requirements (slightly condensed, and with minor bracketed amendments) for "earning" the unenviable diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
4. Requires excessive admiration [regularly fishes for compliments, and is highly susceptible to flattery].
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

That list sounds just like Donald Trump!
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2016, 10:26:52 PM

It also sounds like a prominent poster from Armagh

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2016, 10:26:52 PM

Sounds like half the country
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mayo4Sam

McCarron comes across as such a dislikable character, literally at every turn he is blaming someone else. His parents for the gambling, the girl for the tinder episode, the bouncer in temple bar. He sees himself as a victim.

For those that didn't hear the OTB interview here are the violent incidences in his own book:
- Punching Damien Barton
- Choking out a derry player
- Common assault conviction on a traffic warden
- One punch KO of a guy outside a chipper
- Breaking a guys jaw one christmas in Enniskillen
- Punched a guy in Athy who tweeted he was gay
- Alleged DUI and resisting arrest - thrown out
- Sending off in 2009
- Lituanian forklift driver
- Omagh niteclub incident
- Wants to fight with his neighbour while he is breaking into his house

When Ger Gilroy asked him about the 15yo he started talking about if you've never been to the edge of taking your own life you'll never know what its like, as Gilroy said what has that to do with having sex with a 15yo?

This is my view of McCarron purely (as opposed to depression and suicide) but I actually think he's full of shit around that too. The interview with Wooly talks about how he thought about throwing himself in front of a train and was going to do it. His brother was ringing him and ringing him and he says he doesn't know why but he eventually answered the phone.
We all hear about cries for help, I had a cousin who tried it several times before eventually going too far. This isn't even a cry for help, its an attention seeker looking for pity. I call bullshit.

The hilarious thing is that he is so self absorbed, he has no idea why anyone would do anything to him. The Ricey example is ridiculous, he's your favourite player but you lose respect for lads that sledge you? The irony is outrageous.

Horrible ****
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

I wouldn't buy the 'suicidal' angle either, but that's just my opinion.
It doesn't fit in with his general MO.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

And as for claiming gambling is a disease, just like cancer

Theres an argument around whether gambling should be called a disease or not, to compare it to cancer is outrageous

Up The Middle

Hes an attention seeking p***k and always has been. Very very unlikeable character who has a serious opinion of himself. Have i read the book? No. Nor would I even think about reading it. Muck.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 09, 2016, 01:09:17 PM
McCarron comes across as such a dislikable character, literally at every turn he is blaming someone else. His parents for the gambling, the girl for the tinder episode, the bouncer in temple bar. He sees himself as a victim.

For those that didn't hear the OTB interview here are the violent incidences in his own book:
- Punching Damien Barton
- Sending off in 2009

When Ger Gilroy asked him about the 15yo he started talking about if you've never been to the edge of taking your own life you'll never know what its like, as Gilroy said what has that to do with having sex with a 15yo?

This is my view of McCarron purely (as opposed to depression and suicide) but I actually think he's full of shit around that too. The interview with Wooly talks about how he thought about throwing himself in front of a train and was going to do it. His brother was ringing him and ringing him and he says he doesn't know why but he eventually answered the phone.
We all hear about cries for help, I had a cousin who tried it several times before eventually going too far. This isn't even a cry for help, its an attention seeker looking for pity. I call bullshit.

The hilarious thing is that he is so self absorbed, he has no idea why anyone would do anything to him. The Ricey example is ridiculous, he's your favourite player but you lose respect for lads that sledge you? The irony is outrageous.

Horrible ****
The book is titled 'Out of Control' though.  You'd assume the past is the past now.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 09, 2016, 02:32:51 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 09, 2016, 01:09:17 PM

- Punching Damien Barton
- Sending off in 2009

Horrible ****
The book is titled 'Out of Control' though.  You'd assume the past is the past now.

I would definitely not assume that

skeog

He was out of control sunday night next book will detail that.

Jinxy

Give him a break, he has a disease.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

the goal was on

Don't know if any truth in it but heard that talk night with have another couple of uninvited special guests tommorrow night that want a few questions answered. . Be interesting to see the turnout

Syferus

Is McCarron or Adams the Ulster man under the most pressure right now?

rrhf