Saint Theresa of Calcutta

Started by T Fearon, September 04, 2016, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:11:50 PM
It is generally disturbing reading some of the comments on this thread.You could be forgiven for thinking Hitler instead of a Saintly nun,was the topic.

It is farcical,for anti Catholics even,to try to argue St Theresa of Calcutta (and I'm delighted to see death notices in the Irish News already pleading for her intercession) was any other than a holy and saintly woman who lived a blessed life.

Every human being,even dyed in the wool atheists,have doubts at times,and if she mixed with despots etc,well then Jesus did exactly the same.

Why would this make you "delighted"? Seriously?????

T Fearon

It shows devout Catholics acknowledging the new Saint and their confidence in her

magpie seanie

So what? Why does that delight you? Would them asking other Saints not delight you? Or not delight you as much?

As usual you're just exaggerating to get a reaction and I'm a dick for giving you one. Delighted - my hole. Wise up.

ose 14

looks like teasy will have to get her finger out 5th miracle required to get mickey a contract extension down tyrone way. does the continued belief in the miracle not underpin catholicism and even the paul daniels bit on a sunday.

T Fearon

Look,the Pope is infallible and always acting under the direct influence of God.If he determines the
that Mother Theresa should be canonised then this is a decision directly influenced by God Almighty.Miracles are really irrelevant.

It is heartwarming to see the Faithful interceding to St Theresa for their loved ones in Death Notices.This shows unfettered faith.

The Subbie

Why would anyone look for interceding from a woman who regularly wrote that she was not a true believer?
You probably have more faith than Teasy ever did, even if it is misguided at times and runs to attempting g to defend the Catholic Church's multiple disgusting trangressions over the years.

Quote from: LCohen on September 06, 2016, 10:31:25 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:21:57 PM
How could I predict comments from other posters.I was only expressing my happiness that a nun with strong links to Ireland North and South,was deservedly canonised.

That this precipitated such a venomous reaction is genuinely disturbing but is not my fault in any way shape or form.

Are you saying that the posts and links about letting people die without medical treatment and reject basic medical practices re hygiene and infection controls are venomous lies or are you accepting that they are true but that its venomous to point out the truth?

This needs a straight answer

Anyway when are you gonna deign to give an answer to LCohen's perfectly reasonable question?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 07, 2016, 07:24:50 AM
Look,the Pope is infallible and always acting under the direct influence of God.If he determines the
that Mother Theresa should be canonised then this is a decision directly influenced by God Almighty.Miracles are really irrelevant.

It is heartwarming to see the Faithful interceding to St Theresa for their loved ones in Death Notices.This shows unfettered faith.
Protestants ditched that nonsense almost 500 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA

seafoid

The papacy is about power. If you ain't playing power you are in the wrong place
Ask any child raped by a priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vvn2qOh58

easytiger95

While I don't agree that any of the posts here about Mother Teresa's feet of clay were over the top, could I just point out to all our outraged Catholic posters (a dwindling bunch) that the fury that some apply to religious icons is equal to or less than the vast cynicism and/or perverted glee that Mr Fearon displays in manipulatively using said icons to provoke arguments.

Say what you like about Mother Teresa, I don't think she deserved to end up being slavered over by the ring master of Monsieur Fearon's Macabre Religious Freakshow (TM).

tonto1888

The pope is not infallible. He is human after all. And before you have a pop tiny about me being a non believer or whatever, i am a practising Catholic.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteLook,the Pope is infallible and always acting under the direct influence of God

Rubbish.

The Pope is deemed infallible when "he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church"

So I am afraid making an ethnic Albanian nun with question marks hanging over her a saint doesn't really fall under this remit.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 07, 2016, 01:40:11 PM
QuoteLook,the Pope is infallible and always acting under the direct influence of God

Rubbish.

The Pope is deemed infallible when "he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church"

So I am afraid making an ethnic Albanian nun with question marks hanging over her a saint doesn't really fall under this remit.

What's her ethnicity got to do with the price of turnips?

Anyway, is she Saint Mother Theresa, or just Saint Theresa?

ciaraa

Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2016, 09:42:56 AM

Protestants ditched that nonsense almost 500 years ago.

Yes they realised that brainwashing works a lot better if the crap your spouting doesn't insult the basic intelligence of the target market.

No wonder Catholicism thrives amidst horrible uneducated poverty.