Saint Theresa of Calcutta

Started by T Fearon, September 04, 2016, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

seafoid

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 06, 2016, 04:05:58 PM
What would be the most recent and proven miracle ??
Roscommon getting into Division 1
Treasa was a Rossie deep down

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2016, 04:43:14 PM

Surely Roscommon actually staying in Division 1 was the most recent miracle?

Of course she is a Saint, not a god, so isn't omnipotent.  Hence Roscommon's championship form....

/Jim.

T Fearon

It is generally disturbing reading some of the comments on this thread.You could be forgiven for thinking Hitler instead of a Saintly nun,was the topic.

It is farcical,for anti Catholics even,to try to argue St Theresa of Calcutta (and I'm delighted to see death notices in the Irish News already pleading for her intercession) was any other than a holy and saintly woman who lived a blessed life.

Every human being,even dyed in the wool atheists,have doubts at times,and if she mixed with despots etc,well then Jesus did exactly the same.

Nigel White

You knew exactly the sort of comments the thread would generate, that's why you started it.

T Fearon

How could I predict comments from other posters.I was only expressing my happiness that a nun with strong links to Ireland North and South,was deservedly canonised.

That this precipitated such a venomous reaction is genuinely disturbing but is not my fault in any way shape or form.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:11:50 PM
It is generally disturbing reading some of the comments on this thread.You could be forgiven for thinking Hitler instead of a Saintly nun,was the topic.

It is farcical,for anti Catholics even,to try to argue St Theresa of Calcutta (and I'm delighted to see death notices in the Irish News already pleading for her intercession) was any other than a holy and saintly woman who lived a blessed life.

Every human being,even dyed in the wool atheists,have doubts at times,and if she mixed with despots etc,well then Jesus did exactly the same.
Tony, Herod was fulfilling Scripture, as was Judas, FFS
Judas always gets a bad rap but without him the story would not have happened and we might all be Zoroastrian.

seafoid

Fianna Fail in the polls.

T Fearon

Well in interacting with despots she was only following the example of Jesus.If she diverted their dirty money into helping the poor fair play to her.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:52:07 PM
Well in interacting with despots she was only following the example of Jesus.If she diverted their dirty money into helping the poor fair play to her.
She wasn't fulfilling Scripture.

omaghjoe

I agree with your sentiment but on previous experience you must have known it would generate the usual reaction from the usual suspects.

Although at the same time demonization is no reason to censor topics

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2016, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:52:07 PM
She wasn't fulfilling Scripture.
Is she supposed to be a prophet?

Rossfan

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 06, 2016, 06:00:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2016, 04:43:14 PM

Surely Roscommon actually staying in Division 1 was the most recent miracle?

Of course she is a Saint, not a god, so isn't omnipotent.  Hence Roscommon's championship form....

/Jim.
All in the ha'penny place in comparison to Ray Silke, John Divilly of Seàn Ó Dòmhnall having AI medals.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 06, 2016, 06:21:57 PM
How could I predict comments from other posters.I was only expressing my happiness that a nun with strong links to Ireland North and South,was deservedly canonised.

That this precipitated such a venomous reaction is genuinely disturbing but is not my fault in any way shape or form.

Are you saying that the posts and links about letting people die without medical treatment and reject basic medical practices re hygiene and infection controls are venomous lies or are you accepting that they are true but that its venomous to point out the truth?

This needs a straight answer

muppet

According to The Bible, Tony, and indeed all Christians, are saints.

According to the Catholic Church, one must be canonised to become a Saint.
MWWSI 2017