Dublin v Donegal, Croke Park 26/3/2016 7pm

Started by Beffs, March 15, 2016, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: mayo.mick on March 26, 2016, 07:59:32 PM
How did Dublin v Donegal thread turn into the roscommon bus ??????????

roscommon bus goes where it wants.....

Zulu

Main Street

Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 08:14:52 PM
What did McCarthy get booked for?
Looked like a form of eye gouging to me, Glove in the face and pressing in on the eye with the fingers.

Mayoffs

Marty Duffy bugging me, reffing in his usual manner from the sideline. Must be killing him not being on the field destroying the game
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

INDIANA

We can write Donegal off now. Absolute putrid shite to watch.

They can't even play puke well anymore.

Where they are going using that structure is beyond me. Haven't the athletic power to play it anymore

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I never would've thought that Gallagher's gameplan would be even worse to watch than McGuinness, but it is. Leo McLoone as a lone forward is a new low in terms of negativity.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Mayoffs

Dublin are a machine, a relentless fu*kin terminator. There's no one out there to stop them this year again.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Main Street

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on March 26, 2016, 08:34:38 PM
I never would've thought that Gallagher's gameplan would be even worse to watch than McGuinness, but it is. Leo McLoone as a lone forward is a new low in terms of negativity.
I thought you had already seen the 2016 Donegal in Tralee?

Syferus

Quote from: Mayoffs on March 26, 2016, 08:36:39 PM
Dublin are a machine, a relentless fu*kin terminator. There's no one out there to stop them this year again.

That looked about as relentless as a sleeping cat. Two teams playing up the jumper football.

Mclf

What about the galacticos from Roscelona!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Main Street on March 26, 2016, 08:37:45 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on March 26, 2016, 08:34:38 PM
I thought you had already seen the 2016 Donegal in Tralee?

I did, but this was comfortably worse . IMO of course.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2016, 08:31:02 PM

Where they are going using that structure is beyond me. Haven't the athletic power to play it anymore

It isn't that they can't really play it anymore but tat the tactic has been found out and will rarely beat the best teams anymore. Why Donegal, with some of the best forwards in the country, play that muck is beyond me. They won't win an All Ireland playing that way for sure. Everyone knows how to play against the blanket now so surely teams would prefer die with their boots on than get beaten showing no ambition or belief in themselves.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2016, 08:38:34 PM

That looked about as relentless as a sleeping cat. Two teams playing up the jumper football.

Nonsense, only one team were to blame for that.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2016, 08:38:34 PM

Machine like Syferus. Give us a shout if you get that standard any day.

We'll probably give you the 2 points in Hyde Park for free as a charitable donation since Donegal weren't benevolent enough to accept them tonight.

I think we can get a tax break on them

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 08:41:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2016, 08:31:02 PM

It isn't that they can't really play it anymore but tat the tactic has been found out and will rarely beat the best teams anymore. Why Donegal, with some of the best forwards in the country, play that muck is beyond me. They won't win an All Ireland playing that way for sure. Everyone knows how to play against the blanket now so surely teams would prefer die with their boots on than get beaten showing no ambition or belief in themselves.

Two of the best inside forwards around. It's simply bizarre now. Thompson, Lacey etc don't have the legs anymore to make that system work.