Round 4: Monaghan v Mayo: St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 6/3/2016

Started by moysider, February 29, 2016, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upmonaghansayswe

Why are we the only county in Division 1 or 2 that tickets for home matches can`t be bought online?

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2016, 01:50:30 PM
im not convinced by Kirby. he has all the attributes need for a top player but some how hes not or at least shown it yet  , a bit like a six foot guy under 12 who they shove in goal. Maybe it the hair far too bouncy

i think Boyler and Vaughan are better athletes than footballers and their skill level not quiet up to the level it should be and as they age a bit they lose that physical advantage  they has. Great heart in both of them though.
regan just has not shown enough in the league to convince me he top notch yet.I know neither has Coen but he count get a free ride from missing the league.
and Mclaughlin even at hes worst is always  worth a place in the lean for his overall skill stamina and agression, its that bit of nasty Knockmore  in him mayo need

And Leroy????
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

ok mea cupla  i forgot Keegan :o

but if higgins is out im sure i could swap barrett to LCB
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2016, 02:32:57 PM

I like the idea of a HB line with Keegan and Durcan flying up the wings. I think that will require a very hard working HF line and a CHB who holds his position.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

This won't be the game after the lord mayor's show for Monaghan, which is  exactly what we need.

I'd like to see a couple of changes, let McKenna and McAnespie start this game and possibly hold Dessie Mone to come on in the 2nd half even though  he impressed v Dublin.

moysider

Quote from: muppet on March 03, 2016, 02:40:22 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2016, 02:32:57 PM

I like the idea of a HB line with Keegan and Durcan flying up the wings. I think that will require a very hard working HF line and a CHB who holds his position.

Maybe Boyle at 6. Really like the way Harrison is going. Hopefully all will be fit and well come summer. Cunniffe, Harrison, Cafferkey, Keane, Higgins, Hall,  Boyle, McHale, Keegan, Crowe, Barrett, Vaughan and Durkan is not bad material to be getting on with for the backs. I think the option of playing Keith away from the corner may be a runner for the first time. Harrison, Barrett and Cunniffe should be able to man the corners. I d love to see Barrett get a spell free of injury. He has been brilliant for us when he has played. Unfortunately when he does get injured it always a tricky one.

I expect Parsons and Seamie to be first choice midfielders but Gibbons and Barry hugely important too. Hard to see Aido starting midfield because I cant see us having the luxury to leave a fit Barry, Gibbons and Seamie off at the start.

In the forwards Aido, Diarmuid, Kevin Mac and Cillian are automatic if fit imo. After that it is down to who puts their hands up now and performs.

Is Adam Gallagher in the squad anybody?

REDCOL

Moysider, 13 backs named and no mention of Shane Nally who has started every game.

moysider

Quote from: REDCOL on March 03, 2016, 10:21:42 PM
Moysider, 13 backs named and no mention of Shane Nally who has started every game.

Meh! peccatum meum :o

Playing well too. That's 14 so and I ve probably omitted others?

rosnarun

definitely, CHB has been mayos big weakness over the last few years , esp V dublin their half backs midfielders just come plowing through putting the whole dense literally on the back foot and i always feel as though goals are their for the taking.
diarmukd o connor has become am extremely hard working dependable playing now one of the 1st names rochford puts down i reckon  but that doesnt leave much time for scoring same with 
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

charlie linkbox

Do yous Mayo boys go through this rigmarole before every game?

Yous must have it all said by now!

mayoman dan

Quote from: charlie linkbox on March 04, 2016, 09:11:55 PM

To be honest we dont have much interest in the game itself.Its the arguing and fighting among ourselves and the rossies that keeps most of us interested

Cunny Funt

Mayo team for Sunday.  Hennelly, Harrison, Cafferkey, Barrett, Keegan, Boyle, Nally, Parsons, Gibbons, DOC, AOS, McLoughlin, Regan, Doherty, COS

mayoman dan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2016, 09:18:36 PM
Mayo team for Sunday.  Hennelly, Harrison, Cafferkey, Barrett, Keegan, Boyle, Nally, Parsons, Gibbons, DOC, AOS, McLoughlin, Regan, Doherty, COS

Good to see Barrett back but its hard to see where the scores are going to come from.Hopefully Regan or COS can announce themselves on the scene

Main Street

Quote from: charlie linkbox on March 04, 2016, 09:11:55 PM

The uppity Rossies are whipping them on the word count.

larryin89

It's all about the Rossies, evry paper, every pundit and supporter are talking up de Rossie  and rightly so , they are the form team . Can't believe they've only came in from 10/3 to 5/2 to win Connacht , has to be the value bet of the year.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .