AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

imtommygunn

Indiana lee keegan is a fantastic player. Maybe he was at stuff but not many angels out there.

Wildweasel74

The Jersey pull is not a black card offence, though had the Mayo player fell to the ground ala Tryone i think he got a black card, either way he should got a card of some type, zero attempt to play the ball

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

Lee Keegan a lesser talent?? I thought your complete ignorance only extended to Tyrone.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2015, 07:57:07 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2015, 07:38:28 PM
If Tierney McCann got 8 week's  for diving  I  can't wait to see what they give Cillian O'Connor for his elbow to Rory O'Carroll's head. Sickening to see. Dubs left that behind them & fancy Mayo for the replay. Kerry big winners today. Lee Keegan is a class footballer  but today all he did was pull,drag and wind up Connolly until he snapped and got sent off. Depressing to watch a class footballer act like a complete w**ker

Connolly started at FF on Cafferkey doing exactly what you claim Keegan was doing to Connolly. Presumably that was all fine? Cafferkey never reacts, much to his credit. Connolly then ran 30 yards to hit Boyle after Flynn had beaten him to a ball. Connolly then went out the field only to meet someone willing to return the sh*ite with interest. Keegan can be got at no doubt and it is a weakness is his game, but Connolly in that mood is a massive liability to any team.

As for the O'Carroll cut. It is miraculous that his head is still on considering it was both gouging by O'Shea and an elbow from O'Connor. Amazing what people 'see' at games.

As an aside it was amazing the way the whole crowd clapped in the 13th minute. Terrific idea and a fitting tribute.
Had to get 10 stitches and be helped off the pitch. If you think that's funny then frankly I don't know what you're problem is

I think you have had a bang on the head yourself. Has it occurred to you that players get cuts all the time and it doesn't have to be caused deliberately by an opponent. You seem to think that the cut is proof of something, but none of you have a clue what. So you blame it on an O'Connor elbow, Indiana blames it on an O'Shea gouge. At least one of you is talking out of your arse. I suspect both of you are.
MWWSI 2017

yellowcard

Looks like Keegan took Daragh O Ses advice when he said earlier in the year. "There is something to be said for pulling his (Connollys) tail to see if he will hiss back at you." He is far too easy to wind up.

StephenC

How about the Dublin fans booing the Mayo lad getting interviewed at the end. Strange behaviour.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: annapr on August 30, 2015, 08:00:32 PM
Zulu having a bit of a mare tonight  ;D

Not just tonight, he's a joke all the time! :D

muppet

Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
How about the Dublin fans booing the Mayo lad getting interviewed at the end. Strange behaviour.

When they saw him they thought he was taking a free.
MWWSI 2017

Teo Lurley

yellowcard

What about McQuillan missing McMenamin double bounce for his second half point.

Also I'm fairly sure Dublin had a point given that was blatantly wide. Add the missed Cooper red, the 2 incorrect penalty decisions and how anyone can say that McQuillan had a good game is beyond me. Yes it was a difficult game to referee but his performance was inconsistent and riddled with mistakes.

Wildweasel74

All this booing crap is in poor taste. last week then the day, thought i was listening to Liverpool supporters booing thier team lol

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

When you see how close McQuillan was to Cooper's assault it is even more baffling as to how it was only a yellow.
The O'Carroll incident no one has seemed to have seen but the only thing that can be said is that COC is noted to be a dirty player in general.
For the Keegan and Connolly incident both should have been off but Keegan's face was fairly marked up after it so the red was definitely justified.
Philly McMahon will have to get a ban, that is as clear as day.

yellowcard

Meanwhile Kerry are sitting back laughing watching Dublin and Mayo beat each other up with injuries and suspensions imminent.

muppet

I am wondering will we go 15 v 15 the next day and attack Cluxton's kick-outs? Forcing him to pass to Cooper was a strange tactic and one that didn't seem to achieve much.

I thought Drake did well and was unlucky to be subbed while Durkan was terrific. So much for our weak bench.

I though the ref was afraid to blow for anything that might upset The Hill in the first half but then, as is the way in Gaa, tried to balance that in the second half, particularly with the penalty.

As an aside, a lot of Mayo fans near me were very hard on Hennelly. Personally I thought he was the better keeper there today. He made a good block on Fenton and but for a lucky break there wouldn't have been a 2nd Dublin goal. He hit one or two loose kicks but Cluxton hit more than that.

As for BB's point that twitter is claiming was wide, I had an excellent view of it and thought it was over.
MWWSI 2017

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The Mayo penalty was clearly the correct decision as Philly McMahon was all over Boyle's back. The Dublin penalty was outside the box but in fairness to McQuillan that was hard to see in real time.