Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Teo Lurley

JoG2

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2015, 07:38:28 PM
If Tierney McCann got 8 week's  for diving  I  can't wait to see what they give Cillian O'Connor for his elbow to Rory O'Carroll's head. Sickening to see. Dubs left that behind them & fancy Mayo for the replay. Kerry big winners today. Lee Keegan is a class footballer  but today all he did was pull,drag and wind up Connolly until he snapped and got sent off. Depressing to watch a class footballer act like a complete w**ker

You must have seen the incident involving OCarroll as it wasn't shown on tv .. A fair gash by the looks of it. Maybe it will be shown on TSG tonight. 

Re Keegan,  if you're gonna be fair with the name calling,  you'd pick a half a dozen Dublin players too who acted the maggots all game.  I said to my da 10 mins in that Dublin were too tightly wound up.  The tackling wasn't anywhere near fair but hard and within the rules., it was reckless and prob cost them the game

Westside

The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

Il Bomber Destro

Cooper's stamp was one of the most thuggish acts I've seen on a football pitch in years, was it even mentioned in the coverage?

muppet

If Tierney McCann got 8 week's  for diving  I  can't wait to see what they give Cillian O'Connor for his elbow to Rory O'Carroll's head. Sickening to see. Dubs left that behind them & fancy Mayo for the replay. Kerry big winners today. Lee Keegan is a class footballer  but today all he did was pull,drag and wind up Connolly until he snapped and got sent off. Depressing to watch a class footballer act like a complete w**ker

Connolly started at FF on Cafferkey doing exactly what you claim Keegan was doing to Connolly. Presumably that was all fine? Cafferkey never reacts, much to his credit. Connolly then ran 30 yards to hit Boyle after Flynn had beaten him to a ball. Connolly then went out the field only to meet someone willing to return the sh*ite with interest. Keegan can be got at no doubt and it is a weakness is his game, but Connolly in that mood is a massive liability to any team.

As for the O'Carroll cut. It is miraculous that his head is still on considering it was both gouging by O'Shea and an elbow from O'Connor. Amazing what people 'see' at games.

As an aside it was amazing the way the whole crowd clapped in the 13th minute. Terrific idea and a fitting tribute.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Sorry Benny, bloody phone!!

ApresMatch

Why wasn't Cian O'Sullivan black carded in first half for a blatant jersey pull on a Mayo man in first half? McQuilan was hard on O,Shea first half, he did him for over-carrying once because I think he missed the big man bounce the ball before he got away and put the ball over the bar.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 30, 2015, 07:51:05 PM
Cooper's stamp was one of the most thuggish acts I've seen on a football pitch in years, was it even mentioned in the coverage?

The RTE commentators referred to hit as a 'heavy knock' which showed Cooper was up for the game. This is the reason these kind of acts will continue to flourish.

Zulu

Stop Teo, quickly posting from a phone and making a mistake is nothing to be embarrassed about. Posting nothing but nonsense is but you seem quite comfortable with that so more power to you.

dublin7

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 07:51:21 PM

Connolly started at FF on Cafferkey doing exactly what you claim Keegan was doing to Connolly. Presumably that was all fine? Cafferkey never reacts, much to his credit. Connolly then ran 30 yards to hit Boyle after Flynn had beaten him to a ball. Connolly then went out the field only to meet someone willing to return the sh*ite with interest. Keegan can be got at no doubt and it is a weakness is his game, but Connolly in that mood is a massive liability to any team.

As for the O'Carroll cut. It is miraculous that his head is still on considering it was both gouging by O'Shea and an elbow from O'Connor. Amazing what people 'see' at games.

As an aside it was amazing the way the whole crowd clapped in the 13th minute. Terrific idea and a fitting tribute.
Had to get 10 stitches and be helped off the pitch. If you think that's funny then frankly I don't know what you're problem is

annapr

Zulu having a bit of a mare tonight  ;D

JoG2

Quote from: ApresMatch on August 30, 2015, 07:54:58 PM
Why wasn't Cian O'Sullivan black carded in first half for a blatant jersey pull on a Mayo man in first half? McQuilan was hard on O,Shea first half, he did him for over-carrying once because I think he missed the big man bounce the ball before he got away and put the ball over the bar.

A jersey pull ain't a black card! 

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

JoG2

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 07:50:42 PM

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

As it stands,  history tells us that Keegan (from a much less successful team AI wise)  has 2 all stars to Connollys 1.

Now both are absolutely brilliant footballers so lay off with muddying the waters with half truths and rumours and take your oil! 

yellowcard

The single most trampish incident in that match was Cooper planting his studs into a Mayoman in the first half. Unfortunately he got a yellow card for it otherwise I'd be fairly certain he would be receiving a long ban.