Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Bale was poor but did Ronaldo touch leather when needed in the 2nd half ?

Captain Obvious

AC Milan in 1990 still the last team to win back to back European cups.

lenny

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2015, 09:35:57 PM
Jaysus Ronaldo hates the sight of Bale. Watch him every time Bale tries something that doesn't come off.

Get in there you beauty. Thanks very much to Michael McWilliams in the Irish News who tipped Juventus at the last 16 stage at 28/1. Tenner on them each way. Deserved winners over the 2 legs. Had some great chances on the break tonight.

beer baron

I was thinking earlier in the season there'd be plenty of bodies leaving Madrid in the summer. There'll be even more now  :o .

As for tonights game Bale will be crucified surely but he a t least showed some glimpses and  there were plenty just as bad Ronaldo and James to name 2 and Kroos was poor again and has had a poor few months too. Will Klopp head there in the Summer or who will they look for?

laoislad

A great chance for Barca to join an elite club of the real giants of European football on 5 European Cups.

Delighted for Juve though, would be great to see Buffon and Pirlo win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2015, 10:10:32 PM
A great chance for Barca to join an elite club of the real giants of European football on 5 European Cups.

Delighted for Juve though, would be great to see Buffon and Pirlo win.

4 in 9 years if they win it, some going.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Well done Juve, I wonder did Evra think he'd be playing in a Champions League Final when he left Old Trafford last summer..

mouview

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2015, 09:35:57 PM
Jaysus Ronaldo hates the sight of Bale. Watch him every time Bale tries something that doesn't come off.

Ronaldo hates everyone he doesn't see in the mirror.

A real changing of the guard tonight; the old players are practically gone, shown up to be hollow and empty of substance, while it's the new, gunslingers time now. Richie Sadlier ran rings around Brady and Dunphy, able to debate factually and correctly against punters peddling old, tired, inaccurate points to suit their own views.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on May 13, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
Well done Juve, I wonder did Evra think he'd be playing in a Champions League Final when he left Old Trafford last summer..

Sure the only way is down when you leave Old Trafford...

Five former united players on the pitch at one stage this evening.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2015, 10:41:33 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 13, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Sure the only way is down when you leave Old Trafford...

Five former united players on the pitch at one stage this evening.

Well it usually is when you're 33 and were considered a liability by your own and opposition fans in your final 18 months it goes to show what the forums know. I wonder will his buddy shake his hand this time  :D.

One of them is still a current United player and two more are on their way back, you heard it here first  ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Delighted for Juve and delighted for Buffon - what a legend he is. Thought Juve were going to go out on the basis of a penalty I thought was a home town decision, but to be fair I thought Madrid might have had a penalty in the second half when Evra took down Hernandez. Once Juve scored though, Madrid never looked likely.  :)

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2015, 09:42:06 PM
So Suarez against Evra AND Chellini!   :)
Let's hope Evra has no more stories to make up after that game..

Canalman

Hope Juventus win it now.

Have to say the post match discussion on the RTE panel was very good last night. New format working well.

Bale got a doing and imo he was far from the poorest RM player last night. Far from it but the mob has spoken. Fair play to him in speaking to RTE as well after the game.

Have to say I was impressed by the RM crowd in giving the Juve players sporting rounds of applause when being substituted.

omaghjoe

Nobody watchin this?
Not a big soccer man meself but I know its on and have an interest in the final at least

Soccer men on this board on interested in British soccer?

Barca won anyroad

laoislad

So Suarez sneaks in for the winner as Evra is left trailing behind trying to catch him.
Last laugh goes to Suarez then I guess....!!