Gaa poor communication publication

Started by unoino, February 05, 2015, 05:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unoino

As a gaa fan in the UK..Im eager to watch and listen to as many gaa games as I can...but not only for the excitement  the speed and skill of the game but I also bet weekly/daily on gaa events/games.Now then whilst I accept that gaa football/hurling has come along way..I really think Ireland has to look to the future to gain new audiences and bring bigtime communication and big money into the game...I recently tried to watch tg4 live coverage on my pc...that didnt work..it was in gaelic and a recording...Now I know there are many pubs in the uk where i can go and watch many if not all games in gaa  however its frustrating knowing I cant watch these games at home but what is more frustrating is gaa live scores  even with hoganstand/live gaelic  the scores are slow and sometimes incorrect eg ..Im counting my money with 30 seconds left team a are 2 11 team b 1 8   then when the final result comes and games finished team b have won 3 12 to 2 11..last year i even had BetVictor pay me on a losing bet when wicklow lost...What Im saying is whilst I love and support the Irish culture i do think gaa has miles to go in rendering these problems its almost archaeich in comparison to sky and bbc football coverage..and why are tg4 covering games in gaelic ..i love the gaelic accent but i dont want to hear Irish commentary ...something bigtime needs to be done...there are many bookmakers who dont even bet on gaa events because coverage and communication is poor..I mean how do they relay a score at a ground is it an oldboy with an old nokia texting gaa after a point has bn scored...

Eamonnca1

Quotewhy are tg4 covering games in gaelic

Is this satire?

thewobbler

Seems to me that the basic gist of this and your other thread is that you like to punt on GAA matches, and don't like waiting around for the results. Poor you.

unoino

In reply to the previous post...waiting around and incorrect/slow information are not good especially when alot of your audience are abroad..now no matter how ignorant one is about rights and wrongs of gaa..the fact is communication has to improve otherwise your audience will decrease.

seafoid

Gamble responsibly.
If skybet or whoever want to do more GAA business it is up to them to organise the streaming of scores.
The gaa's job is the games and rte run the analysis circus.

unoino

I totally agree sky and the likes should do more but also gaa has to move on .Were not in early 20th century gaelic is a minority though  very important its never right that some games are broadcast  in gaelic..indeed the whole of gaa needs looking at..hurling the fastest ball game in the world could be enjoyed the world over if gaa got huge industry involved..gaa has to remember that this game is loved by many millions worldwide but how many people does it reach outside of Ireland.

seafoid

Quote from: unoino on February 05, 2015, 07:34:02 AM
I totally agree sky and the likes should do more but also gaa has to move on .Were not in early 20th century gaelic is a minority though  very important its never right that some games are broadcast  in gaelic..indeed the whole of gaa needs looking at..hurling the fastest ball game in the world could be enjoyed the world over if gaa got huge industry involved..gaa has to remember that this game is loved by many millions worldwide but how many people does it reach outside of Ireland.

What is the problem with broadcasting it in Irish? Can't Paddy Power do interpretation  for you ? Sounds like you need to be buailte go cruinn around the ceann

unoino

Its incredible some of the views on here...long may it continue broadcasting in gaelic...omg !!!.....Ireland have some of the best I.T in the world and im advocating that through technology Ireland can reap the rewards by commuting games in English..this language is spoken by many many millions so wouldnt the first step be to keep gaelic as a language enjoyed in schools but in the fast moving environment of communication transfer to English.... its a little misleading like algerbra at school we were all taught it but never used in real life scenarios...theres a big audience in the big world but we need to have games like those on tg4 in english.

seafoid

Quote from: unoino on February 05, 2015, 08:32:37 AM
Its incredible some of the views on here...long may it continue broadcasting in gaelic...omg !!!.....Ireland have some of the best I.T in the world and im advocating that through technology Ireland can reap the rewards by commuting games in English..this language is spoken by many many millions so wouldnt the first step be to keep gaelic as a language enjoyed in schools but in the fast moving environment of communication transfer to English.... its a little misleading like algerbra at school we were all taught it but never used in real life scenarios...theres a big audience in the big world but we need to have games like those on tg4 in english.
Get Betfreesixfive to pay for broadcast of the TG4 matches as Bearla. This is a commercial issue so if there is enough money in it surely they'll do it 

Otherwise move back to Ireland and learn the Erse

Those are your 2 options

but always gamble responsibly

imtommygunn

TG4 is an Irish speaking channel - that's the point of it...

You can get games on setanta in english and RTE highlights are in english.

AZOffaly

Yeah, I've written to S4C and complained about them broadcasting matches in Welsh. The cheek of them to use their language.

imtommygunn

Something should be done about channel 9 though with all them ones speaking in that derry city accent...

deiseach

Quote from: unoino on February 05, 2015, 05:44:36 AM
last year i even had BetVictor pay me on a losing bet when wicklow lost...

armaghniac

WUM. TG is supposed to provide programmes in Irish, that's what they do.
Gaelic games covered in Gaelic, whatever next?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 05, 2015, 09:07:29 AM
Something should be done about channel 9 though with all them ones speaking in that derry city accent...

Hi, Ye love us alone. Where is your local channel???

Our anchor news reporter use to have a lisp; it was fecking hilarious!!

On another point the author of this thread is wan toolbag