Budget for a day out in Headquarters?

Started by From the Bunker, August 26, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Allot of talk of travel and inconvenience this weekend. Just wondering how much other posters would spend in general going to a game in Croker. This includes Match ticket, travel, food, beer and accommodation in some cases. I find there is not much change out of €150 and that's a conservative day. €30-€40 for ticket, €45 for train ticket, €5 Program, €15 Pints, €12 Breakfast, €20 for food in Croker. I'm in serious trouble when the kids get older and begin to want to go to Big Matches! :P

armaghniac

Perhaps, but most counties don't have this problem as there are no big matches.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2014, 10:57:59 AM
Allot of talk of travel and inconvenience this weekend. Just wondering how much other posters would spend in general going to a game in Croker. This includes Match ticket, travel, food, beer and accommodation in some cases. I find there is not much change out of €150 and that's a conservative day. €30-€40 for ticket, €45 for train ticket, €5 Program, €15 Pints, €12 Breakfast, €20 for food in Croker. I'm in serious trouble when the kids get older and begin to want to go to Big Matches! :P

Knock that on the head and have another 4 pints ;)
The Aristocrat Years

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on August 26, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

True, remember those days. And as sure as night follows day they'll return again. That said the other half is from Westmeath and 10 years ago they were flying. For the life of me I can't see them getting near that level again given the way money has taken over!

Aristo 60

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 26, 2014, 11:14:51 AM

Knock that on the head and have another 4 pints ;)

Down men are renowned for not spending on food. Ham sandwiches, mustard optional. Clonliffe college gardens were made for such.

southdown

I got 3 coffees, 3 crisps and a sandwich on Sunday in Croker, 22 euro :(

thewobbler

I remember in 2010, when it was the first time that Down went on a run of note since I was old enough to enjoy it properly, that it's little wonder Kerry fans don't bother much until AI final day. Trips to Croker are an expensive enough hobby.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2014, 11:17:31 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 26, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

True, remember those days. And as sure as night follows day they'll return again. That said the other half is from Westmeath and 10 years ago they were flying. For the life of me I can't see them getting near that level again given the way money has taken over!

No money is the least of our problems.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Thisonegoesto11

Could budget some of that.
No car- pooling /mini buses from clubs instead of train?
Would go a Breakfast roll €4 ...
Forget about food at the stadium. For a 4pm game , it's an early proper Sunday dinner. For a 2 pm game, it's a late dinner/take away.

Pints before and after are my main expense. (Saturday games cost ye)

macdanger2

It is expensive alright but definitely a "first world problem" that I'm glad to have anywsy

Bingo

Can spend as little or as much as you like really. Tickets and travel are the fixed costs, after that, take your pick.

The days of pints before and after are gone. Well, till later in the evening maybe.

rosnarun

€47 on food and drink seems a bit excessive if your trying to save money . a bus could halve your travel costs, stand in the hill .
(isnt that where al true supporters go) and you come away from the day wil an extra 70 or 80 quid in  your pocket.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyCake

Quote from: southdown on August 26, 2014, 11:25:31 AM

You could make a lot of ham sandwiches for 22 euro!

I'd say it's the ticket prices that puts most people off going to big matches these days. The average man is being priced out of supporting his county.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2014, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 26, 2014, 11:25:31 AM

You could make a lot of ham sandwiches for 22 euro!

I'd say it's the ticket prices that puts most people off going to big matches these days. The average man is being priced out of supporting his county.

The average man would want to go to another major sport event in the country before he starts thinking that.

squire_in_navy_slacks

I bring my own sambos, crisps drinks etc for kids .............................