Budget for a day out in Headquarters?

Started by From the Bunker, August 26, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: hardstation on August 27, 2014, 05:00:32 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 27, 2014, 04:11:15 PM
Never buy a match programme any more and alway bring the ham sambos etc with me. Hate queueing up to be robbed in Croker for crap food. The drink is ok relatively (a little more expensive than the norm, slightly worse than you'd get in a pub).

Hope these train strikes get sorted....
Always found Croke Park to be cheaper for drink than any of the surrounding pubs.

Don't know about that. Plastic cups as well, hate them things...

Find the Drumcondra side pricer than the summerhill/fairview side right enough.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on August 27, 2014, 07:22:23 PM
Never buy a match programme any more and alway bring the ham sambos etc with me. Hate queueing up to be robbed in Croker for crap food. The drink is ok relatively (a little more expensive than the norm, slightly worse than you'd get in a pub).

Always found Croke Park to be cheaper for drink than any of the surrounding pubs.

I read somewhere, maybe Resevoir Dubs, that there are 40 pubs which could class themselves as Croker Pubs. When you go Dorset St, Drumcondra, Ballybough, Summerhill, N Circ Rd, it's possible.

mrdeeds

theticklemister

I would buy programs by the score on eBay rather than at matches; love the nostalgia hi.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 27, 2014, 10:58:10 PM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on August 27, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

I read somewhere, maybe Resevoir Dubs, that there are 40 pubs which could class themselves as Croker Pubs. When you go Dorset St, Drumcondra, Ballybough, Summerhill, N Circ Rd, it's possible.

Easily. I have walked from Fairview, Phisboro, Summerhill and even city centre pubs to the stadium. Naturally going further away gives you a bit more moving room and generally pints are cheaper. That is my preferred option. Usually better craic too as ye can have proper banter with other fans.

southdown

I had a great guinness in the smoking area/side bar at the Croke Park Jurys on Sunday, there were 2 guys on guitars singing, absolutely brilliant.  I would say they will be playing again in Sunday.