The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: armaghniac on December 22, 2015, 08:49:18 AM
Being right wing should be more than making rich people richer. A US right wing party should be supportive of the traditional opportunity to better yourself, which should be of interest to the Mexican self employed guy.
The most sensible comment on this thread. Hopefully something that the GOP will come back around to eventually.

J70

Quote from: stew on December 24, 2015, 09:06:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2015, 06:37:51 PM
Here's the Snopes take on Stew's list: http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

;D ;D

A democrat voting friend sent it to me via email, I did not ask for it however it makes interesting reading, of course the right are to blame for dredging this hot list up and Bubba and his nag are completely innocent of everything thrown at them!  ;)

That's the thing stew - there are plenty of legitimate arguments to make about any politician's policies and positions without resorting to the type of paranoid, incoherent, irrational crap such as those pieces you've posted recently.

Who does the cloak and dagger shite convince beyond some idiot who already has an unhinged view of said politician?

Just because you think there MUST be something to the rumours and innuendo swirling around the Clintons for the past 25 years does not make them true. Remember, after all, that these come from the same cesspool as the stuff the GOP hardline threw at John McCain in South Carolina, telling likely voters that his adopted, Cambodian daughter was a illegitimate child he had with a black woman. Just because the right wing echo chamber repeats something ad nauseum doesn't make it fact.

And the Republicans dug and dug in the 90s and the only thing they got was eventually cornering Clinton into perjuring himself by lying about messing around with Monica Lewinsky.

gallsman

Here's the Snopes take on Stew's list: http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

;D ;D

A democrat voting friend sent it to me via email, I did not ask for it however it makes interesting reading, of course the right are to blame for dredging this hot list up and Bubba and his nag are completely innocent of everything thrown at them!  ;)

There's always a story - a friend gave you it, an associate perhaps, you saw it on Facebook, your brother's friend's mother's sister's dog gave you it. And it's a Democratic dog of course. You do no research. Who knows if you even read the thing. You simply see something completely outlandish and, without consideration or pause, throw it up in here as some sort of evidence or juicy story. Utterly preposterous.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on December 26, 2015, 02:57:57 PM

;D ;D

There's always a story - a friend gave you it, an associate perhaps, you saw it on Facebook, your brother's friend's mother's sister's dog gave you it. And it's a Democratic dog of course. You do no research. Who knows if you even read the thing. You simply see something completely outlandish and, without consideration or pause, throw it up in here as some sort of evidence or juicy story. Utterly preposterous.

A mate sent it to me, a liberal friend whom I have known for two decades, I read the thing and I believe these c***ts capable of anything listed on said post but not guilty of all of them, Foster, absolutely 100% guilty in my opinion and if they would do that, why not anything else listed you Gallbladder you. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: J70 on December 26, 2015, 12:55:29 PM

;D ;D

That's the thing stew - there are plenty of legitimate arguments to make about any politician's policies and positions without resorting to the type of paranoid, incoherent, irrational crap such as those pieces you've posted recently.

Who does the cloak and dagger shite convince beyond some idiot who already has an unhinged view of said politician?

Just because you think there MUST be something to the rumours and innuendo swirling around the Clintons for the past 25 years does not make them true. Remember, after all, that these come from the same cesspool as the stuff the GOP hardline threw at John McCain in South Carolina, telling likely voters that his adopted, Cambodian daughter was a illegitimate child he had with a black woman. Just because the right wing echo chamber repeats something ad nauseum doesn't make it fact.

And the Republicans dug and dug in the 90s and the only thing they got was eventually cornering Clinton into perjuring himself by lying about messing around with Monica Lewinsky.

I never yet said the GOP lads were lilly white but nobody touches the Clintons for lies, deceit and knavery, and I mean nobody!

stew

CNN, a neutral media outlet ( Me arse) invited a guest on who spoke about Trumps comments on Hillary taking a shite at the start of the debate, he answers by saying he does not give a damn about that at all and mentioned Bubba using a very young intern and said that he turned her into a human humidor, he thought that was lower than what Clinton did to Lowinski, and he is right, he also took a swipe at the HC  by saying that she was terrible on womens rights and is a liar in the extreme, the interviewer tried to pidgeonhole him by ONLY speaking about Trump and the guy refused, the Interviewer ended the interview because he didnt get his way.

I tell you this country is fucked, Obamination and Clinton have turned this country into a nation of namby pamby, bleeding heart wankers that get offended by the slightest thing, one guy used the word niggardly in a sentence and people lost their minds a while back, they were offended and they did not even know what the f**king word means! Arseholes.

Rossfan

Time ye went back to being real men- murdering Native Americans, putting Blacks, Damn Mexicans, Micks and women in their rightful places.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

Quote from: Rossfan on December 27, 2015, 09:14:45 PM
Time ye went back to being real men- murdering Native Americans, putting Blacks, Damn Mexicans, Micks and women in their rightful places.....

....Italians, Jews, Germans, Scots-Irish, Pilgrims all got a bit of discrimination when they arrived...its a right of passage you must go thru to enable your descendants to keep up the tradition.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 27, 2015, 09:38:43 PM

....Italians, Jews, Germans, Scots-Irish, Pilgrims all got a bit of discrimination when they arrived...its a right of passage you must go thru to enable your descendants to keep up the tradition.

Please tell me this is just a really poorly judged attempt at irony.   Please tell me that.

J70

Quote from: stew on December 27, 2015, 08:17:55 PM
CNN, a neutral media outlet ( Me arse) invited a guest on who spoke about Trumps comments on Hillary taking a shite at the start of the debate, he answers by saying he does not give a damn about that at all and mentioned Bubba using a very young intern and said that he turned her into a human humidor, he thought that was lower than what Clinton did to Lowinski, and he is right, he also took a swipe at the HC  by saying that she was terrible on womens rights and is a liar in the extreme, the interviewer tried to pidgeonhole him by ONLY speaking about Trump and the guy refused, the Interviewer ended the interview because he didnt get his way.

I tell you this country is fucked, Obamination and Clinton have turned this country into a nation of namby pamby, bleeding heart w**kers that get offended by the slightest thing, one guy used the word niggardly in a sentence and people lost their minds a while back, they were offended and they did not even know what the f**king word means! Arseholes.

If Trump didn't "give a damn" about Hillary taking a shite, why did he feel the need to mention it at all, much less make a big deal out of it being "disgusting"?

He's full of shit, and if you believe him...

Trump is an sc**bag without an ounce of integrity who is using every tactic in the book to win favour with unintelligent morons through fear, innuendo, bald-faced lying and meaningless, baseless policy "proposals". Its like Homer Simpson running for town sanitation boss, telling idiotic people what they want to hear. I'll take a Clinton, flaws, warts and all, over that any day of the week.

And as for Trump preaching about morality...

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 28, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

Please tell me this is just a really poorly judged attempt at irony.   Please tell me that.

Are you concocting umbrage to induce yourself into outrage?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 28, 2015, 11:02:49 PM

So it wasn't irony at all. 

Your response to a post referencing the genocide perpetuated on native americans and the experience of slaves and their descendants is to pass it off as  "a bit of discrimination"  which is merely a "rite of passage" and a tradition to be kept up.

No, no umbrage or outrage on my part, just disappointment.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 29, 2015, 02:57:24 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 28, 2015, 11:02:49 PM

So it wasn't irony at all. 

Your response to a post referencing the genocide perpetuated on native americans and the experience of slaves and their descendants is to pass it off as  "a bit of discrimination"  which is merely a "rite of passage" and a tradition to be kept up.

No, no umbrage or outrage on my part, just disappointment.

Irony is all about perception, much like this little tale you've invented for yourself, but please run with it.

Tho Im intrigued how you can be disappointed without having taken umbrage to some degree or other?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 24, 2015, 11:01:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 22, 2015, 08:49:18 AM
Being right wing should be more than making rich people richer. A US right wing party should be supportive of the traditional opportunity to better yourself, which should be of interest to the Mexican self employed guy.
The most sensible comment on this thread. Hopefully something that the GOP will come back around to eventually.

I wouldn't hold my breath Owenmoresider. And it's not just the GOP that suffers from this, practically every government in western Europe is the same.