Has Suarez Kicked his last ball for Liverpool? Will John Henry have him back?

Started by StGallsGAA, June 26, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will John W Henry have him back in the doors of Anfield?

Of course, he's world class and Liverpool have no chance without him.
36 (66.7%)
Not a chance, Henry will off-load before he drags the club into the gutter.
18 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: July 03, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 26, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
A liability. His ban probably cost Liverpool last years title. He'll miss longer next season. Out ta feck, Nibbles.

How could he have cost Liverpool the title when he was the primary reason they were in contention?

It's pretty clear what he is - an absolute genius who will win you a shitload of games but will miss ten games every 18 months or so through suspension. The question for Liverpool, Barcelona et al is whether the whole package is worth it.

Would you ever get your knob out of Suarez's hole ffs!!

What have I said that is not true?

Do you think if Suarez was available the whole season they would have won the league? Utd lost the league in 95, I firmly believe had Cantona been playing Utd would have won the league instead of losing it against West Ham on the last day (while Liverpool beat Blackburn)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 26, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
A liability. His ban probably cost Liverpool last years title. He'll miss longer next season. Out ta feck, Nibbles.

How could he have cost Liverpool the title when he was the primary reason they were in contention?

It's pretty clear what he is - an absolute genius who will win you a shitload of games but will miss ten games every 18 months or so through suspension. The question for Liverpool, Barcelona et al is whether the whole package is worth it.

Would you ever get your knob out of Suarez's hole ffs!!

What have I said that is not true?

Do you think if Suarez was available the whole season they would have won the league? Utd lost the league in 95, I firmly believe had Cantona been playing Utd would have won the league instead of losing it against West Ham on the last day (while Liverpool beat Blackburn)

Cantona, yes.

Suarez... maybe they might not have lost at home to  Southampton, but who knows? They lost, miserably, to Hull with him in the side. Liverpool won 3 and drew 1 of the five games he missed.

ziggy90

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2014, 08:16:58 PM
Of course they will have him back, just as the equally immoral mancs welcomed Cantona back.

Glenn Hoddle springs to mind? >:(
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2014, 08:16:58 PM
Of course they will have him back, just as the equally immoral mancs welcomed Cantona back.

And the equally immoral Spurs backed Defoe for biting Mascherano.

Bingo

Roll on October and Luis will be back banging them in for the Reds.

And he'll be angry.

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on June 26, 2014, 10:35:32 PM
Roll on October and Luis will be back banging them in for the Reds.

And he'll be hungry.

Fixed that. :P
MWWSI 2017

reddgnhand

I think Liverpool will appeal this and win. If player's are banned from playing for their clubs because of something that happened on international duty then clubs will not release their player's. FIFA won't want that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 26, 2014, 11:20:03 PM
I think Liverpool will appeal this and win. If player's are banned from playing for their clubs because of something that happened on international duty then clubs will not release their player's. FIFA won't want that.

It's already been done before, will Liverpool defend Suarez on this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

While the fella obviously has a screw loose it's very harsh for a club to lose a player like this. Who pays his wages for the 2 months?

More to come on this i think. Like someone said dangerous precedent by fifa. What if clubs start refusing to release players?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2014, 11:38:35 PM
While the fella obviously has a screw loose it's very harsh for a club to lose a player like this. Who pays his wages for the 2 months?

More to come on this i think. Like someone said dangerous precedent by fifa. What if clubs start refusing to release players?

Has it not been done before?

EC Unique

This is FIFA. They won't give 2 fcuks about Liverpool and may even increase the ban if appealed. The wages one is tricky. Liverpool should not have to pay them when he is suspended. This could get really messy before it is finished and I suspect he will never kick a ball for Liverpool again. In the long run the club would be far better off without him and most sensible fans recognise this.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 11:39:40 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

Has it not been done before?
Not 100% sure...Dangerous i think anyway though.

Clubs are reluctant enough to release players.

BennyHarp

Liverpool will not get rid of Suarez unless a massive offer comes in - the biting incident has not changed this. Clubs don't just boot out £80m assets and the long term impact on Liverpools reputation will depend on what he helps them win in the future and not on what he did at this World Cup. Anyone looking to football to uphold the moral fabric of society are a little bit naive.
That was never a square ball!!

TabClear

The club vs country row is going to go up a notch here. I think everyone accepts that Suarez deserves everything he gets. Uruaguay to a much lesser extent because it happened on their watch, he was representing them. What is clear is that Liverpool are very much the innocent party (this time) and are getting hit the hardest. i.e. costs them the most financially ad he misses the  most games for them.

Why would a club release a player for an international who can get injured/banned for something they have no control over. I am fairly certain FIFA can require clubs to release players but contract negotiations might get a bit more interesting around international breaks. A few more phamtom injuries in future.

If Real/Barca/Bayern get involved here (which they could well do) FIFA could have a real problem.

On the Liverpool having him back there is no  doubt they will, even if its like last year to repair shortterm damage to asset value and sell. He is simply worth too much

Rossie11

Quote from: TabClear on June 27, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
The club vs country row is going to go up a notch here. I think everyone accepts that Suarez deserves everything he gets. Uruaguay to a much lesser extent because it happened on their watch, he was representing them. What is clear is that Liverpool are very much the innocent party (this time) and are getting hit the hardest. i.e. costs them the most financially ad he misses the  most games for them.

Why would a club release a player for an international who can get injured/banned for something they have no control over. I am fairly certain FIFA can require clubs to release players but contract negotiations might get a bit more interesting around international breaks. A few more phamtom injuries in future.

If Real/Barca/Bayern get involved here (which they could well do) FIFA could have a real problem.

On the Liverpool having him back there is no  doubt they will, even if its like last year to repair shortterm damage to asset value and sell. He is simply worth too much

He is their employee and they should have control over him. Discipline should be part of his contract.
What is lacking here is that if a player messes up at one club other clubs wait like vultures to get him on the cheap. As a result the player gets no real punishment.
There should be unity between clubs on this and FIFA should be the ones leading it.
Not a hope of that though