Has Suarez Kicked his last ball for Liverpool? Will John Henry have him back?

Started by StGallsGAA, June 26, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will John W Henry have him back in the doors of Anfield?

Of course, he's world class and Liverpool have no chance without him.
36 (66.7%)
Not a chance, Henry will off-load before he drags the club into the gutter.
18 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: July 03, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

johnneycool

Wee Gordon Strachan hit the nail on the head last night we his wee rant about this false indignation on the Suarez biting thing, as he says after his ban he'll be roundly clapped onto the field by the fans especially if it means they're more likely to win games. Lesser players will be made an example off, but not Suazez, he's probably Liverpools most valuable asset, he'll be going nowhere on the cheap because he's a bad boy.

They'll suck it up, say all the right things and come October he'll be drafted in right away, same as every other club.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 27, 2014, 09:00:40 AM
Quote from: TabClear on June 27, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
The club vs country row is going to go up a notch here. I think everyone accepts that Suarez deserves everything he gets. Uruaguay to a much lesser extent because it happened on their watch, he was representing them. What is clear is that Liverpool are very much the innocent party (this time) and are getting hit the hardest. i.e. costs them the most financially ad he misses the  most games for them.

Why would a club release a player for an international who can get injured/banned for something they have no control over. I am fairly certain FIFA can require clubs to release players but contract negotiations might get a bit more interesting around international breaks. A few more phamtom injuries in future.

If Real/Barca/Bayern get involved here (which they could well do) FIFA could have a real problem.

On the Liverpool having him back there is no  doubt they will, even if its like last year to repair shortterm damage to asset value and sell. He is simply worth too much

He is their employee and they should have control over him. Discipline should be part of his contract.
What is lacking here is that if a player messes up at one club other clubs wait like vultures to get him on the cheap. As a result the player gets no real punishment.
There should be unity between clubs on this and FIFA should be the ones leading it.
Not a hope of that though

What control does your employer have over you when you are away from work?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on June 27, 2014, 09:16:03 AM
Wee Gordon Strachan hit the nail on the head last night we his wee rant about this false indignation on the Suarez biting thing, as he says after his ban he'll be roundly clapped onto the field by the fans especially if it means they're more likely to win games. Lesser players will be made an example off, but not Suazez, he's probably Liverpools most valuable asset, he'll be going nowhere on the cheap because he's a bad boy.

They'll suck it up, say all the right things and come October he'll be drafted in right away, same as every other club.
The little ginger shite must read the gaaboard because I said exactly the same thing two days ago!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossie11

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 27, 2014, 09:21:28 AM
The club vs country row is going to go up a notch here. I think everyone accepts that Suarez deserves everything he gets. Uruaguay to a much lesser extent because it happened on their watch, he was representing them. What is clear is that Liverpool are very much the innocent party (this time) and are getting hit the hardest. i.e. costs them the most financially ad he misses the  most games for them.

Why would a club release a player for an international who can get injured/banned for something they have no control over. I am fairly certain FIFA can require clubs to release players but contract negotiations might get a bit more interesting around international breaks. A few more phamtom injuries in future.

If Real/Barca/Bayern get involved here (which they could well do) FIFA could have a real problem.

On the Liverpool having him back there is no  doubt they will, even if its like last year to repair shortterm damage to asset value and sell. He is simply worth too much

He is their employee and they should have control over him. Discipline should be part of his contract.
What is lacking here is that if a player messes up at one club other clubs wait like vultures to get him on the cheap. As a result the player gets no real punishment.
There should be unity between clubs on this and FIFA should be the ones leading it.

As in if I smashed someone in the street ended up in court with my name on the paper? I have no doubt I would be looking elsewhere for work..
Personal responsibility comes into it also but in alot of cases the employer has a certain amount of control over their employees

Bingo

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 27, 2014, 09:59:24 AM

As in if I smashed someone in the street ended up in court with my name on the paper? I have no doubt I would be looking elsewhere for work..
Personal responsibility comes into it also but in alot of cases the employer has a certain amount of control over their employees

This is the nonsense that gets thrown about a lot. If you are good at your job and will be hard to replace or cost money, you'll not lose your job.

I've seen lads go on the drink for days when they should be working, seen lads in sales jobs get done for drink driving and told to get something sorted while on their ban, seen lads in court over various physical altercations in the public and kept their job, seen lads damage company cars through their own fault, lose work tools, fall out with the boss etc etc etc. All manner of "sackable" offences and none of them lost their job. Why? Because their were good at their job.

I've seen some lads let go for very little but that because they weren't up to it in the first place.

Rossie11

Quote from: Bingo on June 27, 2014, 10:06:14 AM

This is the nonsense that gets thrown about a lot. If you are good at your job and will be hard to replace or cost money, you'll not lose your job.

I've seen lads go on the drink for days when they should be working, seen lads in sales jobs get done for drink driving and told to get something sorted while on their ban, seen lads in court over various physical altercations in the public and kept their job, seen lads damage company cars through their own fault, lose work tools, fall out with the boss etc etc etc. All manner of "sackable" offences and none of them lost their job. Why? Because their were good at their job.

I've seen some lads let go for very little but that because they weren't up to it in the first place.

An internal person can get away with this sort of thing and it happens every day. Its extremely difficult for a sales type person or someone representing the company to keep their job.
Obviously some do but its not the norm.
Have seen it where the customer has instructed the company that they no longer wish to have a certain guy back on site after an incident.
How good he was had absolutely nothing to do with it. The decision was taken away from his employer who had no choice but to let him go.

EC Unique

Jeysus Bingo. You need to have a look at the circles you move in.  :o

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 27, 2014, 10:22:46 AM

An internal person can get away with this sort of thing and it happens every day. Its extremely difficult for a sales type person or someone representing the company to keep their job.
Have seen it where the customer has instructed the company that they no longer wish to have a certain guy back on site after an incident.
How good he was had absolutely nothing to do with it. The decision was taken away from his employer who had no choice but to let him go.
;D
He was some bucko alright!..if it is the same guy I'm thinking of...

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on June 27, 2014, 10:23:32 AM

Jeysus Bingo. You need to have a look at the circles you move in.  :o

Mountjoy was the best 6 months I ever had  ;)

I should have added, small town Ireland would all have similar tales.

Rossie11

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2014, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: Rossie11 on June 27, 2014, 10:22:46 AM

;D
He was some bucko alright!..if it is the same guy I'm thinking of...
Wrong Man Laoislad... Mores the pity...  Suarez would had fair chewing on him!!! Thanksgiving and Xmas rolled into one!!!!  ;D

illdecide

I don't support any team in England and TBH I'm not sure what i think of the incident, my initial thought was we scum bag...ban him and whatever else he gets he deserves!!! but the more i think about it and ask myself what damage was he going to do to the player? Is it any worse than Roy Keanes tackle that ended the City players career? Or when a player goes in with malice to break another players leg...which is worse? What bans have players got for hurting another player on the pitch?

I know Suarez done wrong and he deserves some form of punishment but I'm not so sure the time fits the crime

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2014, 10:51:28 AM
I don't support any team in England and TBH I'm not sure what i think of the incident, my initial thought was we scum bag...ban him and whatever else he gets he deserves!!! but the more i think about it and ask myself what damage was he going to do to the player? Is it any worse than Roy Keanes tackle that ended the City players career? Or when a player goes in with malice to break another players leg...which is worse? What bans have players got for hurting another player on the pitch?

I know Suarez done wrong and he deserves some form of punishment but I'm not so sure the time fits the crime
;D time to take cover illdecide the mob will be after you soon!

EC Unique

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

It is not all about the crime, it is more the fact that he is a repeat offender and has obviously not learned from previous incidents. 3 times now he has bitten another player. Mental stuff especially when it is on such a world wide stage.

imtommygunn

A liverpool supporter said the same thing to me. Keane should have got life to be honest.

A big word for tackles is intent. YOu can go in hard, lose control etc and it can go wrong.

In the Suarez scenario there is intent but it's not going to maim the guy as per a very malicious tackle.

The main feeling I would have, and I think most would have, on the Suarez incident is that the guy is quite clearly not right in the head. Biting someone like that is not the action of a sane person.

The life thing is not specific to Keane either. Razor Ruddock broke Andy Cole's two legs with a tackle - yes two! There's a sheffield united guy(or he was wanyway) Chris (Morgan I think) and he has done some serious damage in his time too. I would question whether he would have been allowed to play again.